Menus of yesteryear

5 posters

Go down

Menus of yesteryear Empty Menus of yesteryear

Post by Fangirl Three Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:59 pm

I've been poring over my nana's old housekeeping book. It's got a complete year of menus in the back so you never need to improvise anything.

For this Friday in August

Menus of yesteryear Menuau10

You're not going to go hungry on that diet.

Now, please excuse me, or I won't have digested my tea-time fish and chips before I have to tackle tonight's turbot Florentine and grilled steak.

http://shallowlikeus.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Menus of yesteryear Empty Re: Menus of yesteryear

Post by cosmictanya Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:36 pm

Today was the day I became a victim of Vladimir Putin. Marks and Spencer has stopped doing my favourite crisps, due to the challenge of securing some basic ingredient that must either come from Ukraine, or have its price affected by Ukraine.

Last week when I looked, I assumed they were just sold out. Today, when I saw the bare space, I asked. I nearly cried when he told me. I was absolutely stunned. Eventually I managed 'That's so disappointing, I don't quite know what to say or feel'.

Apparently, other shoppers have been asking too. He thought there might be a special effort to bring them back, so vehement has reaction been. Whether he was just saying that to comfort me is something I'll just have to wait to find out over time.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:42 pm

It had better not be Monster Munch that's disappeared. I love Monster Munch.

Admin

https://hallofthewendigo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:46 pm

The Call of the Wendigo wrote:It had better not be Monster Munch that's disappeared. I love Monster Munch.

Oh I never thought - that's kind of the same basic material. No, it's their own brand cheese tasters. Maybe Monster Munch are in danger too.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:50 pm

To be honest, I hope everyone else's favourite crisps are also affected, so people can understand how I feel. In fact, just ban crisps entirely. It's too awful to see a crisp section and know there's only distant second choices there.

This has actually happened to me once before, when Maples closed down and Fru Grains stopped being produced. They were the only cereal I particularly liked. I used to eat them dry, on their own, in a small handheld bowl.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:55 pm

It's getting increasingly hard to get Marmite crisps. bawl

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:05 pm

The Call of the Wendigo wrote:It had better not be Monster Munch that's disappeared. I love Monster Munch.

Don't fret, the crips CT's going on about are from potatoes only found in one 10'x25' allotment over 400 miles within the Amazonía del Perú rainforest and carved by a gradually depleting band of nonagenarian Tongan artisans at a secret location (rumoured to be a medieval citadel in Jordan that once housed the Knights Templar) before being fried in purest ambergris and then doused with Dead Sea salt and proper Sarsons and then decorated (cos why the snuggle rumpus not) with all platinum leaf on.

RRP: £2.39 per unit.

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:12 am

Nightjar wrote:

Don't fret, the crips CT's going on about are from potatoes only found in one 10'x25' allotment over 400 miles within the Amazonía del Perú rainforest and carved by a gradually depleting band of nonagenarian Tongan artisans at a secret location (rumoured to be a medieval citadel in Jordan that once housed the Knights Templar) before being fried in purest ambergris and then doused with Dead Sea salt and proper Sarsons and then decorated (cos why the snuggle rumpus not) with all platinum leaf on.

RRP: £2.39 per unit.

They sound nice. You should pitch them to a producer.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down