The Kinder Bueno thread

+2
stedorlordendel
The Call of the Wendigo
6 posters

Go down

The Kinder Bueno thread Empty The Kinder Bueno thread

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:04 pm

I have noticed that, in YouTube videos wherein foreigners try British snacks and treats to see what they taste like, they always seem to decide that Kinder Bueno is their favourite of the sampled items. Therefore, this is where we can discuss the celebrated British ( shifty ) snack.

Last edited by The Call of the Wendigo on Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin

https://hallofthewendigo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Kinder Bueno thread Empty Re: The Kinder Bueno thread

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:07 pm

I find them pleasing but virtually identical in taste and texture to Blue Ribands. It therefore seems odd to me that while Kinder Buenos are lauded to the skies by people, Blue Ribands are all but ignored.

Personally, I prefer Blue Ribands, as they are cheaper and don't have that slightly sickly strip of chocolate running down their insides.

Admin

https://hallofthewendigo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by stedorlordendel Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:55 pm

Kinder Bueno are so nice. I have a pack of three in the kitchen cupboard. I bought them last Tues in Iceland. I'm AMAZED at my own will power.
That said, when I open one...I will open all.
stedorlordendel
stedorlordendel

Back to top Go down

Post by Helium Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:30 pm

Lidl do cheaper, tastier versions of Kinder Bueno.

Lovely. But they are the devil.

Last edited by Helium on Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : noneayagahddayumbiznus)
Helium
Helium

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:11 pm

I find Kinder too sweet for my liking. And I thought that credulous Americans enjoying them was because they were banned in the USA because they were perfect for smuggling drugs into prisons?

Anyway. My contribution to a celebration of British tastes would be Ribena. You can't beat chilled Ribena for a hangover or hot Ribena when you have a cold. I feel a little for sorry for those from other countries who don't know that Ribena can be used in a whole range of emotional and physical circumstances. Brits and Malaysians are the only people who understand.

I watched an American mother and daughter remove the plastic ring pull from the Ribena they'd been sent, and they swigged it straight from the bottle. 

The mother liked it like that! The daughter said it was too thick to enjoy. The father eventually got in from work and told them they were both thick and it was obviously for diluting.

I hadn't actually realized until reading the YouTube comments under this that blackcurrant itself is exotic and almost unknown to Americans. Apparently blackcurrants are also banned in the USA!

I haven't actually tried a Kinder anything since the 1980's so perhaps they're less synthetic tasting now. My abiding memory is of overbearing sweetness without any subtle flavour or texture changes to anticipate. As a child I preferred a Golden Cup.

Voila...

The Kinder Bueno thread S-l300

Latterly in a golden foil wrapper. I think toffee is arguable - I hate toffee. This was more of a runny caramel.

Perfect in all respects. And just the right size. Too much is too much. Mackintosh's recognized that with the Golden Cup and never made them so large you felt sick after. 

The Kinder Bueno thread CszzHpYXYAA9TWE

Last edited by cosmictanya on Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:35 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Picture)
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:35 am

cosmictanya wrote:
I hadn't actually realized until reading the YouTube comments under this that blackcurrant itself is exotic and almost unknown to Americans.

In the US you'll typically find 'black grape' flavouring where we have blackcurrant.

The British liking for blackcurrants comes from WW2 when shortages meant that all domestic sources of vitamin C were valuable - like rose hips, and blackcurrants.

I endorse your comments about chilled ribena for a hangover btw.
Fangirl Three
Fangirl Three

http://shallowlikeus.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:37 pm

Ooh, Golden Cup.

I remember them.

Très exotique.

high style

You could gwide liderally s*ck the caramel out of them leaving a partially empty, l*mp shell of milk chocolate if I recall correctly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down