Skylines and Cityscapes of Distinction

5 posters

Go down

Skylines and Cityscapes of Distinction Empty Skylines and Cityscapes of Distinction

Post by Nightjar Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:19 pm

gasp

Skylines and Cityscapes of Distinction XlWpjwv

Back to top Go down

Skylines and Cityscapes of Distinction Empty Re: Skylines and Cityscapes of Distinction

Post by cosmictanya Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:43 pm

It would be a nice view without all the scrap metal in the way. Looks like Steptoe’s yard in front of the Alps.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Skylines and Cityscapes of Distinction Empty Re: Skylines and Cityscapes of Distinction

Post by Butterfield Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:49 am

I haven't been paying any attention to what's going on in Manchester for a good while - where have these all come from?!

llama

Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:53 am

I wonder how that last scene used to look.

type

Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:54 am

Ooh.

Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:24 am

Butterfield wrote:I haven't been paying any attention to what's going on in Manchester for a good while - where have these all come from?!

llama

Manchester's flinging up skyscrapers, left, right and centre. It's turning into a veritable forest of them.

Admin

https://hallofthewendigo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:18 pm

I know of Great Jackson Street. Manchester builds anything and everything. Skyscrapers right next to acres of car park and waste ground - must be short of space.

The overall effect looks impressive at night, but in the cold light of day it looks more and more like a second tier city in Russia - one of the Siberian ones that struck oil.

Dallas crossed with Pripyat, with all that clashing cladding on residential ‘for rent’ blocks that look as if they’ll be falling apart slums by midcentury at the very latest.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:40 pm

I agree that it doesn't look good. Nearly all of Manchester's skyscrapers have a soullessness about them that quickly becomes disheartening. Also, nearly all of them are grey which isn't a good idea in a city where the sky is also usually grey.

Admin

https://hallofthewendigo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:15 pm

I park my car there when I'm attending a live concerto at The Manchester Gorilla No no

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:20 pm

Mancs seem to be dead proud of them.

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:53 pm

There was a scene in a sitcom where someone was being f***** by the developer at a floor-to-ceiling window overlooking Manchester, and as he thrusted he was shouting ‘look at that, that was me that was, and that one over there, and I’ve got plans - it’s going to better than that bloody London by time I’m done’. Something like that. There was the ironic metaphor alongside the dialogue that I thought worked well.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:58 pm

Nightjar wrote:Mancs seem to be dead proud of them.

Yes, dead proud. Nothing fills the heart with pride more than being f***** by developers.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:01 pm

Small, underbounded cities have to build high. :troll:
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:46 pm

There was a very sweet Manchester lad into all that, over there. All floppy hair and dreams of the future. He went to uni in Newcastle I recall. I wonder how he is - hopefully he’s happy and doing well in life.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum