Famous people who you perhaps thought had died decades ago but died only relatively recently

4 posters

Go down

Famous people who you perhaps thought had died decades ago but died only relatively recently Empty Famous people who you perhaps thought had died decades ago but died only relatively recently

Post by Butterfield Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:27 am

Dave Brubeck only died in 2012 - I thought he'd have died in the 60s.
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Famous people who you perhaps thought had died decades ago but died only relatively recently Empty Re: Famous people who you perhaps thought had died decades ago but died only relatively recently

Post by cosmictanya Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:47 pm

I vaguely thought I knew that Betty Boothroyd had already died.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Famous people who you perhaps thought had died decades ago but died only relatively recently Empty Re: Famous people who you perhaps thought had died decades ago but died only relatively recently

Post by Butterfield Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:50 pm

I think I'd seen Betty Boothroyd relatively recently speaking in the House of Lords.

I remember the first time I heard of her as a child - it would have been the runup to the 1992 general election and signs with her name on were tied to each lamp post in an area in between our house and my cousins' house 10 miles away as she was the MP for that area. We children thought it was funny - Betty Boothroyd/Betty Boo/Betty Boop and all that. Her name almost seemed made up. You had to be there; it was topical at the time.

Then she immediately went and became Speaker of the House and a household name - as if we'd discovered her.

Her cries of "Order! Order!" will never be matched. love them
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Thu Mar 02, 2023 1:20 pm

She definitely shaped my idea of what the speaker is meant to be, and none have matched her.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Wed May 01, 2024 10:26 pm

Duane Eddy.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2024/may/01/duane-eddy-grammy-musician-dies

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Wed May 01, 2024 10:48 pm

bawl

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Thu May 02, 2024 1:00 am

gasp
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down