Do you still buy music downloads?

5 posters

Go down

Poll Question

Do you still buy music downloads? I_vote_lcap0%Do you still buy music downloads? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Do you still buy music downloads? I_vote_lcap0%Do you still buy music downloads? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Do you still buy music downloads? I_vote_lcap100%Do you still buy music downloads? I_vote_rcap 100% 
[ 5 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 5

Do you still buy music downloads? Empty Do you still buy music downloads?

Post by Guest Sun 20 Jan 2019 - 17:08

Do you still buy music downloads? Latest?cb=20100905151403

Back to top Go down

Do you still buy music downloads? Empty Re: Do you still buy music downloads?

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Sun 20 Jan 2019 - 17:19

I've never bought a music download. Or anything else that can be downloaded. The Internet was invented so I don't have to pay for things. box

Admin

https://hallofthewendigo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Sun 20 Jan 2019 - 17:36

I have never bought a music download. If I want music I go and buy it on CD from HMV... oh dear...

Do you still buy music downloads? Simpso10
Fangirl Three
Fangirl Three

http://shallowlikeus.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Jan 2019 - 17:43

I don't think I've ever bought one, hmn

I bought a download of A film once. I think I was dr*nk or something. I'm not doing that again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sun 20 Jan 2019 - 18:44

I drunkenly bought the song "Daddy I'll Drown" by Jill "Strawberry Switchblade" Bryson off of of Bandcamp for £5 because I felt suddenly remorseful drunk for downloading absolutely everything for free of teh InterbebZ for at least the last 12 years. sad yes

Then her and her husband started emailing me to buy their other stuff which I listened to and thought were dreadful. sad yes

Then I realised that "Daddy I'll Drown" was written by Jill back when SS were falling apart in 1987 and that Rose always sung because Jill's tone deaf and that the new version must've'd had a fair bit of post-production on it to make it sound any good. sad yes

It's a nice song though. yes

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Sun 20 Jan 2019 - 18:55

Nightjar wrote:I drunkenly bought the song "Daddy I'll Drown" by Jill "Strawberry Switchblade" Bryson off of of Bandcamp for £5 because I felt suddenly remorseful drunk for downloading absolutely everything for free of teh InterbebZ for at least the last 12 years. sad yes

Then her and her husband started emailing me to buy their other stuff which I listened to and thought were dreadful. sad yes

I had a similar experience where I established contact on Twitter with someone who'd written an 80s radio play that I'd taped off-air and drawn inspiration from over all the 30 years since. For a few days it was like I'd reached a wonderful, fulfilling closure - and then she started trying to flog me and her other fans her novel, which from the sample chapter was absolutely awful. I was so disillusioned.
Fangirl Three
Fangirl Three

http://shallowlikeus.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Jan 2019 - 19:01

£5!!!

I got their 7" single for that much!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sun 20 Jan 2019 - 19:04

Fangirl Three wrote:
Nightjar wrote:I drunkenly bought the song "Daddy I'll Drown" by Jill "Strawberry Switchblade" Bryson off of of Bandcamp for £5 because I felt suddenly remorseful drunk for downloading absolutely everything for free of teh InterbebZ for at least the last 12 years. sad yes

I had a similar experience where I established contact on Twitter with someone who'd written an 80s radio play that I'd taped off-air and drawn inspiration from over all the 30 years since. For a few days it was like I'd reached a wonderful, fulfilling closure - and then she started trying to flog me and her other fans her novel, which from the sample chapter was absolutely awful. I was so disillusioned.

pet

It's an awful world. sad yes

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Sun 20 Jan 2019 - 21:04

I went through a brief period of downloading songs for 79p (mostly old ones, but also a few "current" ones, circa 2005/06) but then lost them all. Around that time Youtube was launched so I simply switched to watching and listening to songs on there and went back to buying the occasional actual new CDs.

I then found eBay, then charity shops.

I also found out a few years ago that the songs I downloaded were actually still accessible, but it was too late by then. box
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Apr 2019 - 22:44

I've just remembered I bought a couple of Red Letter Media film commentaries, if I wasn't such a tightwad I'd probably buy some of their more modern ones.

But alas I am very very mean. yes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Aug 2019 - 22:56

I did actually buy the latest download EP by Lolina, what with being a fan and all.

It was a very empty experience.

Wallet emptying.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Aug 2019 - 22:56

WhatDoesThisButtonDo? wrote:I've just remembered I bought a couple of Red Letter Media film commentaries, if I wasn't such a tightwad I'd probably buy some of their more modern ones.

But alas I am very very mean. yes

I was going to buy one, but they added VAT onto the price! rant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Jan 2020 - 12:17

WhatDoesThisButtonDo? wrote:I did actually buy the latest download EP by Lolina, what with being a fan and all.

It was a very empty experience.

Wallet emptying.

And now she's gone and released it on 12"

Do you still buy music downloads? 0018506438_10

killcomputer

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Thu 30 Jan 2020 - 13:07

Still? I never have, I wouldn't know how.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Thu 30 Jan 2020 - 13:28

I bought a song by The Shapists (Jill Bryson's current project) for £5 off of BandCamp because I felt bad for downloading it for free.

It was a good song, because it was written back when SS were splitting up.

They then starting bombarding me with emails trying to flog their new stuff which was uniformly bad.

It seems that Rose did the singing for a reason. sad yes

That is the one and only time I've payed for a music or fillum download.

Back to top Go down