Famous people who you are perhaps surprised are still alive

+2
Nightjar
Butterfield
6 posters

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Famous people who you are perhaps surprised are still alive - Page 3 Empty Re: Famous people who you are perhaps surprised are still alive

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:19 pm

WhatDoesThisButtonDo? wrote:
shifty

Admin

https://hallofthewendigo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Famous people who you are perhaps surprised are still alive - Page 3 Empty Re: Famous people who you are perhaps surprised are still alive

Post by Guest Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:23 am

Geoffrey Palmer is still with us at the age of 92.

happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:58 am

Also, me.

Colbert

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:07 am

pet

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:14 pm

The actor who played Porkpie in Desmond's is still alive, aged 85. gasp
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:56 pm

I'd forgotten that the previous Pope was still alive. He's now 92. I remember thinking when he stood down (due to ill health/age?) that he wouldn't have long left, but that was nearly 7 years ago.
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:50 pm

Clive Revill is still with us at the age of 89

Famous people who you are perhaps surprised are still alive - Page 3 Hqdefault

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:32 am

Mum from Prisoner (Cell Block H) at 105.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:50 am

Richard Carpenter didn't die about 5 years ago. dontpanic

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:57 pm

Ralph McTell is still alive. gasp

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:41 am

Ed Asner is still alive. gasp

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:09 pm

Yeah, I think he still does loads of work, like on telly and for films.

Wasn't he the voice of the old geezer in Up?

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:19 pm

He's great too by the way.

An all round good egg.

He even looks a bit like an all round good egg. happy

His film-telly-ography is pretty amazing...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Asner_filmography

A 90, still appearing in two-or-so movies and telly programmes a year and doing heaps of voice-over work.

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:59 pm

Butterfield wrote:I'd forgotten that the previous Pope was still alive. He's now 92. I remember thinking when he stood down (due to ill health/age?) that he wouldn't have long left, but that was nearly 7 years ago.

I don't think that was ill health/age. We probably shouldn't speculate but I don't think the Vatican sues, so it should be ok to say dear old Benedict was up to his neck in sleaze, a willing participant in international cover ups, and his tenure was proving to be a public relations nightmare, with the flock in danger of deserting the nest in disgust. The Two Popes on Netflix is well worth watching btw.

Actually that's made me feel rather upset. An angel voiced friend who sings in choirs at the Brompton Oratory and Westminster Cathedral among others, and has performed solo at the Royal Opera House, used to pop round for a glass of wine and perform relaxing and uplifting pieces for me while I wrote letters or reflected on my thoughts. Something else off the social menu for the foreseeable.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:19 am

Earlier I was reading that Jimmy Greaves is ill in hospital - I thought it was an old story as I was sure he had died a few years ago. Turns out he had a stroke in 2015 and was in intensive care (topical) for a while but recovered to a certain degree. I guess at the time I must have expected the worst and simply presumed he wasn't going to last very long, then heard nothing more about him until today.
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:31 pm

John Cale didn't die about 15 years ago gasp

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Sat May 30, 2020 1:53 am

Alfred Hitchcock's daughter, Patricia, is still alive aged 91.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Hitchcock
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:01 pm

It's Oliva de Havilland's 104th birthday today. gasp

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:26 am

The Call of the Wendigo wrote:It's Oliva de Havilland's 104th birthday today. gasp

Oh! I thought she died 25 years ago a couple of years ago! I'm sure it was even reported on here! dontpanic
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:30 am

73-year-old Steven Spielberg's father, Arnold Spielberg, is still alive, aged 103; his mother only died 3 years ago. That means Steven Spielberg is quite likely to still be with us in around 30 years time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arnold_Spielberg
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next