Butterfield
flibbington2.0
The Call of the Wendigo
Nik
Fangirl Three
9 posters

Page 19 of 36 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 27 ... 36  Next

Go down

The all-new all things driving thread - Page 19 Empty Re: The all-new all things driving thread

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Sun Dec 18, 2022 12:49 pm

Last time I went to South Mimms the Tesla Fun Park was a heavin'

Back to top Go down

The all-new all things driving thread - Page 19 Empty Re: The all-new all things driving thread

Post by Butterfield Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:58 am

There's often a row of Teslas and similar parked up and charging at a service station visible from the M1.
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:01 am

type

They're at Woodall Services southbound near Sheffield - and they're on Google Street View!

Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:42 am

I've seen so many electric car charging points now that I consider them to be commonplace. Even the Tesco that I stop at last thing before arriving at my parents', which is in a little no-horse Essex country town, had 6 of them.

Having said that I share the Princess' misgivings about electro-vehicles. I am already super-cautious even with petrol, I rarely allow my fuel gauge to drop below 7 out of 8 pips.

http://shallowlikeus.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:36 am

Fangirl Three wrote:I've seen so many electric car charging points now that I consider them to be commonplace. Even the Tesco that I stop at last thing before arriving at my parents', which is in a little no-horse Essex country town, had 6 of them.

Having said that I share the Princess' misgivings about electro-vehicles. I am already super-cautious even with petrol, I rarely allow my fuel gauge to drop below 7 out of 8 pips.

I'm the opposite - I often let the fuel gauge get low enough for the orange warning light to come on, sometimes getting down to having just 20-30 miles left in the tank before filling up.

I hate getting petrol, it's one of the worst things about driving for me. It's so time consuming, often cold, queues, grubby petrol pumps, petrol spills, my card is occasionally rejected at a self-serve pump so I have to rejoin the queue again to go to another pump.... Ugh. It was worse when I used to drive a diesel as the pump handle was often slimy, whereas the petrol one is always much cleaner.

I've been a passenger in a fully electric MINI and it was nice and quiet, brisk and felt fine on the motorway for the the handful of junctions we travelled. I'm often wary of new technology but I wouldn't miss the combustion engine at all. With my budget it looks like I'll be waiting a while to acquire an electric car though. Colbert
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:06 pm

Roads are full of nutters speeding around for xmas today.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:15 pm

I can't decide whether to exercise my car before Christmas or afterwards.

It did have a good long run on Saturday.

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:21 pm

I moved it up till the end of the parking zone and sat in it for 5 minutes to recharge the batteries today Excited

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Thu Dec 22, 2022 6:59 am

I think I'll take mine for a run tomorrow. Up to the first junction on the dual carriageway and back.

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:01 am

Butterfield wrote:I hate getting petrol, it's one of the worst things about driving for me.

The pay-at-the-petrol-pump rejected my card today as "invalid"; I tried it a few times and it wouldn't allow me get petrol. Luckily my friend was with me so we had to use his card. There was a queue forming behind me and I was frustrated. The day these stinky windswept places are doomed to the past cannot come too soon. evil
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:51 am

Be careful what you wish for. Don't forget that with the new electro-filling stations, you've got to hang round them for 45 minutes rather than 5.

Last edited by Fangirl Three on Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:01 am

I successfully took my car for a run. It was raining hard and everyone was in a bad temper.

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:51 am

I'm waiting till after the big day before I take 🚗💨 for a spin.

In other news I made a pre-dawn raid on the local supermarket, and I now have the last of my xmas shopping in. 🎅 Excited

(fruit, some nice broccoli for the little birdies and a bottle of Wood's Naval Rum for me ma.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Sat Dec 24, 2022 12:32 am

Fangirl Three wrote:Be careful what you wish for. Don't forget that with the new electro-filling stations, you've got to hang round them for 45 minutes rather than 5.

I like to think as new technology comes in the length of charging will fall over time - I think it already has to a certain degree. Plus most of my charging would be at home, so just plug it in and leave it overnight.

The range of miles electric cars can do on one full charge is fast approaching the miles one can do on a full tank of petrol, so things are advancing.
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Sat Dec 24, 2022 12:42 am

My regular long distance journey this evening was one of the quickest I've done - despite the forecasted doom on all the roads due to it being the last working day before Christmas plus all the strikes putting extra cars on the road.

Queues and chaos were what we were promised all week, but the towns I drive through were quite empty with a lot of the traffic lights on green, and the motorways were fairly quiet. happy
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Sat Dec 24, 2022 6:42 am

This is the video I was ramblin' on about

Fiat 500 List price

cheapest petrol:£14,675
Cheapest Electric £29,435

max range 186-199 miles, which is apparently is as a optimistic as their MPG figures.

Nawh, not for me matey.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Sat Dec 24, 2022 10:16 am

If we wait, we'll soon have fusion-powered cars. happy

Admin

https://hallofthewendigo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Sat Dec 24, 2022 10:25 am

SiberianPrincess’sMidriff wrote:This is the video I was ramblin' on about

"I'm going to do a separate video on charge cables." Excited

Admin

https://hallofthewendigo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Sat Dec 24, 2022 1:50 pm

SiberianPrincess’sMidriff wrote:This is the video I was ramblin' on about

Fiat 500 List price

cheapest petrol:£14,675
Cheapest Electric £29,435

max range 186-199 miles, which is apparently is as a optimistic as their MPG figures.

Nawh, not for me matey.

The prices are ridiculous - but they'll surely come down in time. I've seen other, perhaps bigger cars with bigger batteries able to do more like 300+ miles range. They're probably even more expensive though.
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Tue Dec 27, 2022 7:06 am

I've taken my little car for it's post xmas exercise. Up the bypass and back again!

Didn't get any fuel, maybe I should have. hmn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 36 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 27 ... 36  Next