The all-new all things driving thread - Page 3 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum in which all human experience resides. Especially for fans of the now-deceased original Hall of the Wendigo. Still Number One with the core demographic.

HomePortalSearchView new postsThe Hall of the Wendigo Emergency BlogRegisterLog in

The all-new all things driving thread

Go down 
+5
Butterfield
flibbington2.0
The Call of the Wendigo
Nik
Fangirl Three
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19 ... 36  Next
AuthorMessage
Butterfield

Butterfield

The all-new all things driving thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The all-new all things driving thread   The all-new all things driving thread - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 21, 2018 8:28 pm

All of my cars since my 2001 Renault Clio have had interior lights which switch off after about half an hour of being left on. They even do it when you're actually sitting in the car which can be really annoying. evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The all-new all things driving thread   The all-new all things driving thread - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 21, 2018 8:48 pm

Y U in a car in the dark for more than half an hour?

gossip
Back to top Go down
Butterfield

Butterfield

PostSubject: Re: The all-new all things driving thread   The all-new all things driving thread - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 21, 2018 8:51 pm

tongue2
Back to top Go down
Fangirl Three

Fangirl Three

PostSubject: Re: The all-new all things driving thread   The all-new all things driving thread - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 21, 2018 8:59 pm

Butterfield wrote:
All of my cars since my 2001 Renault Clio have had interior lights which switch off after about half an hour of being left on. They even do it when you're actually sitting in the car which can be really annoying. evil

This wasn't the interior light proper (the one that goes ON - DOOR - OFF), it was the reading or 'personal' light provided for the front seats for map-reading etc. It has no timer - it was all hot when I touched it this morning.

I looked up the bulb wattage - 8W - which is 0.75 amps, for 42 hours is 32 amp-hours, or well over half the battery capacity. So I gave it another run this afternoon just to make sure.
Back to top Go down
http://shallowlikeus.blogspot.co.uk/
Nik

Nik

PostSubject: Re: The all-new all things driving thread   The all-new all things driving thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2018 1:42 pm

Fangirl Three wrote:
Look what they've done to my car this time!

The all-new all things driving thread - Page 3 20181011

ohrly

Blimey O'Reilly!

Back to top Go down
Fangirl Three

Fangirl Three

PostSubject: Re: The all-new all things driving thread   The all-new all things driving thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2018 2:44 pm

It has regenerated into a nice 09 silver Yaris now. 'Brilliant!'

The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: The all-new all things driving thread   The all-new all things driving thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2018 5:15 pm

happy

Fangirl Three

Fangirl Three

PostSubject: Re: The all-new all things driving thread   The all-new all things driving thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 03, 2018 8:49 am

I exercised the car as usual this morning. I must be mad getting up at 4am when I'm on holiday. I've really got to move to somewhere where parking isn't such an issue.

Butterfield

Butterfield

PostSubject: Re: The all-new all things driving thread   The all-new all things driving thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 03, 2018 2:27 pm

Fangirl Three wrote:
I exercised the car as usual this morning. I must be mad getting up at 4am when I'm on holiday. I've really got to move to somewhere where parking isn't such an issue.

Whatever happened to your move earlier this year, if I remember rightly? You need somewhere where at least other people have their own drives to free up some road space, or your very own allotted parking space or something, like many newer built houses and flats have these days.
Back to top Go down
Fangirl Three

Fangirl Three

PostSubject: Re: The all-new all things driving thread   The all-new all things driving thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 03, 2018 7:14 pm

Butterfield wrote:
Fangirl Three wrote:

Whatever happened to your move earlier this year, if I remember rightly? You need somewhere where at least other people have their own drives to free up some road space, or your very own allotted parking space or something, like many newer built houses and flats have these days.

You're quite right... the ironic thing is, I can afford to move now, but it seems no-one round here wants to buy or sell a house till after Br*x*t has been sorted out. One estate agent literally said to me 'If you aren't getting divorced or having to pay a tax bill, hang on till next year'.
Back to top Go down
Butterfield

Butterfield

PostSubject: Re: The all-new all things driving thread   The all-new all things driving thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 03, 2018 7:45 pm

Ohh. Round here apparently houses are selling like hot cakes. A friend of mine has just sold his - and got full asking price within just a couple of weeks - and a family member's house sold for MORE than asking price after just a few weeks on sale.

I understand the Midlands and the North's house prices are currently holding up better than that of London and the South East.
Back to top Go down
Fangirl Three

Fangirl Three

PostSubject: Re: The all-new all things driving thread   The all-new all things driving thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 03, 2018 7:57 pm

Butterfield wrote:
I understand the Midlands and the North's house prices are currently holding up better than that of London and the South East.

That is exactly what I read in the FT Money supplement last weekend aristojar

I would have mentioned it, only I feared it might bore our fellow NHOTWians.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The all-new all things driving thread   The all-new all things driving thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 03, 2018 8:21 pm

sleepy
Back to top Go down
Fangirl Three

Fangirl Three

PostSubject: Re: The all-new all things driving thread   The all-new all things driving thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2018 3:15 pm

When I was exercising the car this morning a dull person was driving ahead of me at 50mph, preventing a proper 60mph run across the reservoir causeway.

So I turned round, went back to the other side, and did it again at full speed box

The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: The all-new all things driving thread   The all-new all things driving thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2018 4:48 pm

scared

Fangirl Three

Fangirl Three

PostSubject: Re: The all-new all things driving thread   The all-new all things driving thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2019 6:40 pm

While walking to work I saw a perfectly preserved white Sierra XR4i parked in the next road. Took me right back it did.

Butterfield

Butterfield

PostSubject: Re: The all-new all things driving thread   The all-new all things driving thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2019 7:04 pm

A white Ford Sierra XR4i - in Essex?! gasp dontpanic
Back to top Go down
Fangirl Three

Fangirl Three

PostSubject: Re: The all-new all things driving thread   The all-new all things driving thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2019 7:21 pm

Tee Hee

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The all-new all things driving thread   The all-new all things driving thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2019 7:36 pm

Fangirl Three wrote:
When I was exercising the car this morning a dull person was driving ahead of me at 50mph,

Were they talking about house prices in various parts of the country? poke

hug
Back to top Go down
Fangirl Three

Fangirl Three

PostSubject: Re: The all-new all things driving thread   The all-new all things driving thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2019 8:12 pm

Tee Hee

I never speed, but equally I can't stand people who don't go 60 when the speed limit is 60 and it's safe to do so. I will literally turn off and go a different way rather than get stuck behind a 'dumbet' as I call these people.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The all-new all things driving thread   The all-new all things driving thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The all-new all things driving thread
Page 3 of 36Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19 ... 36  Next