'Highly acclaimed' bands and musicians you simply can't abide by

3 posters

Go down

'Highly acclaimed' bands and musicians you simply can't abide by Empty 'Highly acclaimed' bands and musicians you simply can't abide by

Post by flibbington2.0 Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:35 am

As in. Every single song they've released is total pants and you don't understand why they're held in high regard.
flibbington2.0
flibbington2.0

Back to top Go down

'Highly acclaimed' bands and musicians you simply can't abide by Empty Re: 'Highly acclaimed' bands and musicians you simply can't abide by

Post by flibbington2.0 Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:36 am

For example. These guys. No wonder punk happened.

flibbington2.0
flibbington2.0

Back to top Go down

'Highly acclaimed' bands and musicians you simply can't abide by Empty Re: 'Highly acclaimed' bands and musicians you simply can't abide by

Post by flibbington2.0 Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:39 am

I know their gimmick is 'that funky bass though'. Too much bass imo
flibbington2.0
flibbington2.0

Back to top Go down

Post by flibbington2.0 Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:41 am

I've just realised I merely tolerated this band in the 80s. My original thought was that I didn't mind them. Trés blancmange. The dessert, not the band.

flibbington2.0
flibbington2.0

Back to top Go down

Post by flibbington2.0 Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:43 am

I feel better now I've put that out there. I also suspect there'll be more to follow.
flibbington2.0
flibbington2.0

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:38 am

I love Lessons In Love dance guitar banana

Last edited by Fangirl Three on Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Fangirl Three
Fangirl Three

http://shallowlikeus.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:58 am

Watching the repeats of Top of the Pops, the appeal of Depché Merde totally escaped me. Again.

I dunno if that goes over to total hatred though. dunno

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:26 am

The Velvet Underground. Colbert

Admin

https://hallofthewendigo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:30 am

flibbington2.0 wrote:I've just realised I merely tolerated this band in the 80s. My original thought was that I didn't mind them. Trés blancmange. The dessert, not the band.

There is something that dosn't work about them, in principal I should like 'em. I don't. I don't hate them, but you get stuff like:

From 1983.

Ignoring the blatant rip off of Kraftwerk's 1981 album, just compare it what the stranglers were doing 4 years earlier

I get this a lot with them, they always remind me of someone else. Someone better.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:59 am

I love OMD dance

Particularly Genetic Engineering, and Secrets. I always liked the 'punchline' to that latter video.

http://shallowlikeus.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down