Songs you've known all your life but have never had the slightest clue who they're by or what they're called, and you've only just realised it Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum in which all human experience resides. Especially for fans of the now-deceased original Hall of the Wendigo. Still Number One with the core demographic.

HomePortalSearchView new postsThe Hall of the Wendigo Emergency BlogRegisterLog in

Songs you've known all your life but have never had the slightest clue who they're by or what they're called, and you've only just realised it

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

Songs you've known all your life but have never had the slightest clue who they're by or what they're called, and you've only just realised it Empty
PostSubject: Songs you've known all your life but have never had the slightest clue who they're by or what they're called, and you've only just realised it   Songs you've known all your life but have never had the slightest clue who they're by or what they're called, and you've only just realised it EmptySun Mar 08, 2020 9:16 pm

Following hot on the heels of my realisation that I didn't have a clue what Isn't It Time? by the Babys was called or who it was by, it has happened again. Just this very evening, it's occurred to me that, although I've known the following song all my life, I've never known what it's called or who it's by.

I had to discover its identity by Googling the words I could remember from the chorus.

I shall now have to Wikipedia Ronnie Lane to find out who he is. On the strength of that performance, he seems to be the missing link between Bob Dylan and Gerry Rafferty.

cosmictanya

cosmictanya

Songs you've known all your life but have never had the slightest clue who they're by or what they're called, and you've only just realised it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Songs you've known all your life but have never had the slightest clue who they're by or what they're called, and you've only just realised it   Songs you've known all your life but have never had the slightest clue who they're by or what they're called, and you've only just realised it EmptySun Mar 08, 2020 10:43 pm

Known for years and loved since the first time. Heard it on the radio again just this week and thought 'must Google those lyrics', so wrote a note to myself...

I'm thrilled with my new knowledge and the fact I can now listen whenever I like.
Back to top Go down
The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: Songs you've known all your life but have never had the slightest clue who they're by or what they're called, and you've only just realised it   Songs you've known all your life but have never had the slightest clue who they're by or what they're called, and you've only just realised it EmptyTue Sep 22, 2020 12:00 pm

I've just realised there's another song I've known all my life but have no idea who it's by or what it's called. It sounds like it's from the 1970s. It is uptempo and the chorus goes something like, "Whoa oh oh. Whoa oh oh-oh. Rye-heed, rye-heed, rye-heed."

It sounds a bit 10CC but is clearly not 10CC.

What is it and who's it by?

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: Songs you've known all your life but have never had the slightest clue who they're by or what they're called, and you've only just realised it   Songs you've known all your life but have never had the slightest clue who they're by or what they're called, and you've only just realised it EmptyTue Sep 22, 2020 12:23 pm

What specific genre is it?

I mean, 10cc were a bit eclectic.

Also, do you think it was a hit?

Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: Songs you've known all your life but have never had the slightest clue who they're by or what they're called, and you've only just realised it   Songs you've known all your life but have never had the slightest clue who they're by or what they're called, and you've only just realised it EmptyTue Sep 22, 2020 12:43 pm

I've heard it a fair bit on the radio, over the years, so I assume it was a hit.

It was sort of Pop-Rock/Power-Pop.

Sort of in the 10CC Rubber Bullets envelope.

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: Songs you've known all your life but have never had the slightest clue who they're by or what they're called, and you've only just realised it   Songs you've known all your life but have never had the slightest clue who they're by or what they're called, and you've only just realised it EmptyTue Sep 22, 2020 1:01 pm

When might you have heard it on the radio?

Mid '70s, late '70s?

Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: Songs you've known all your life but have never had the slightest clue who they're by or what they're called, and you've only just realised it   Songs you've known all your life but have never had the slightest clue who they're by or what they're called, and you've only just realised it EmptyTue Sep 22, 2020 1:04 pm

At any point in my life but it sounds mid 1970s.

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: Songs you've known all your life but have never had the slightest clue who they're by or what they're called, and you've only just realised it   Songs you've known all your life but have never had the slightest clue who they're by or what they're called, and you've only just realised it EmptyTue Sep 22, 2020 1:13 pm

Chicory Tip, "Son of My Father"?

Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: Songs you've known all your life but have never had the slightest clue who they're by or what they're called, and you've only just realised it   Songs you've known all your life but have never had the slightest clue who they're by or what they're called, and you've only just realised it EmptyTue Sep 22, 2020 4:35 pm

No.

Zarniwoop

Zarniwoop

PostSubject: Re: Songs you've known all your life but have never had the slightest clue who they're by or what they're called, and you've only just realised it   Songs you've known all your life but have never had the slightest clue who they're by or what they're called, and you've only just realised it EmptyTue Sep 22, 2020 10:53 pm

"Whoa oh oh, it's magic" Pilot?

No.
Back to top Go down
The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: Songs you've known all your life but have never had the slightest clue who they're by or what they're called, and you've only just realised it   Songs you've known all your life but have never had the slightest clue who they're by or what they're called, and you've only just realised it EmptyTue Sep 22, 2020 11:21 pm

Afraid not.

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: Songs you've known all your life but have never had the slightest clue who they're by or what they're called, and you've only just realised it   Songs you've known all your life but have never had the slightest clue who they're by or what they're called, and you've only just realised it EmptyTue Sep 22, 2020 11:29 pm

We need more information.

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: Songs you've known all your life but have never had the slightest clue who they're by or what they're called, and you've only just realised it   Songs you've known all your life but have never had the slightest clue who they're by or what they're called, and you've only just realised it EmptyTue Sep 22, 2020 11:34 pm

We need more and more and more and more and more tiny bits of information over a period of weeks so that we can make countless suggestions only to have them dismissed out of hand by Wendi and then be carried on being supplied with more and more and more and more and more tiny bits of information over a period of months only for Wendi to finally go "ohhhh, I think it was "Mull of Kintyre" sometime in November, 2024.

Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: Songs you've known all your life but have never had the slightest clue who they're by or what they're called, and you've only just realised it   Songs you've known all your life but have never had the slightest clue who they're by or what they're called, and you've only just realised it EmptyTue Sep 22, 2020 11:52 pm

I think the chorus might feature the words, "Ride, ride ride," but sung as, "Rye-heed, rye-heed, rye-heed."

PostSubject: Re: Songs you've known all your life but have never had the slightest clue who they're by or what they're called, and you've only just realised it   Songs you've known all your life but have never had the slightest clue who they're by or what they're called, and you've only just realised it EmptyWed Sep 23, 2020 10:46 am

rock
Back to top Go down
The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: Songs you've known all your life but have never had the slightest clue who they're by or what they're called, and you've only just realised it   Songs you've known all your life but have never had the slightest clue who they're by or what they're called, and you've only just realised it EmptyWed Sep 23, 2020 11:21 am

That's not it either. The one I'm thinking of is a bit lighter and sprightlier.

The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: Songs you've known all your life but have never had the slightest clue who they're by or what they're called, and you've only just realised it   Songs you've known all your life but have never had the slightest clue who they're by or what they're called, and you've only just realised it EmptyFri Dec 10, 2021 7:46 pm

The Call of the Wendigo wrote:
I've just realised there's another song I've known all my life but have no idea who it's by or what it's called. It sounds like it's from the 1970s. It is uptempo and the chorus goes something like, "Whoa oh oh. Whoa oh oh-oh. Rye-heed, rye-heed, rye-heed."

It sounds a bit 10CC but is clearly not 10CC.

What is it and who's it by?
It sounds very similar to this, in terms of style, arrangement and production.

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: Songs you've known all your life but have never had the slightest clue who they're by or what they're called, and you've only just realised it   Songs you've known all your life but have never had the slightest clue who they're by or what they're called, and you've only just realised it EmptyFri Dec 10, 2021 8:00 pm

It really is very Eaglesy.

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: Songs you've known all your life but have never had the slightest clue who they're by or what they're called, and you've only just realised it   Songs you've known all your life but have never had the slightest clue who they're by or what they're called, and you've only just realised it EmptyFri Dec 10, 2021 8:03 pm

Possibly the Allman Brothers.

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: Songs you've known all your life but have never had the slightest clue who they're by or what they're called, and you've only just realised it   Songs you've known all your life but have never had the slightest clue who they're by or what they're called, and you've only just realised it EmptyFri Dec 10, 2021 8:04 pm

Ore actually something by Joe Walsh.

PostSubject: Re: Songs you've known all your life but have never had the slightest clue who they're by or what they're called, and you've only just realised it   Songs you've known all your life but have never had the slightest clue who they're by or what they're called, and you've only just realised it Empty

Back to top Go down

Songs you've known all your life but have never had the slightest clue who they're by or what they're called, and you've only just realised it
Page 1 of 1