The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 16 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The New Hall of the Wendigo

The forum in which all human experience resides. Especially for fans of the now-deceased original Hall of the Wendigo. Still Number One with the core demographic.

HomePortalSearchView new postsThe Hall of the Wendigo Emergency BlogRegisterLog in

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 27 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
Nightjar

Nightjar

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2021 6:07 pm

?

The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2021 6:25 pm

We could do Art Carbuncle.

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2021 6:29 pm

I actually own it on vinyl. sad yes

I seem to remember it being dreadful.

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2021 5:39 pm

Anyone fancy a one?

The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2021 6:02 pm

Is this a hint at U2? dunno

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2021 6:12 pm

No! dontpanic

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2021 7:57 pm

OK, let's get this nonsense sorted. Colbert

Wikipedia/AllMusic seem to suggest that the best Kristin Hersh/Tanya Donelly era Throwing Muses albums are:

The Real Ramona (1991)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Real_Ramona

And their self-titled debut album (1986)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Throwing_Muses_(1986_album)

Wendi?

Any other suggestions? colbert2

The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2021 8:02 pm

Let's do The Real Ramona, as the review says it has "Pop" songs on it and seems to be less Hersh heavy. Excited

Last edited by The Call of the Wendigo on Mon May 31, 2021 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://hallofthewendigo.forumotion.com
The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2021 8:04 pm

I have found it on YouTube. I shall get cracking with creating the thread.

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2021 8:42 pm

It's the very least we could've'd expected. Colbert

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2021 5:55 pm

Any suggestions for tonight, Wendo?

The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2021 6:01 pm

I shall contemplate the matter.

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2021 6:03 pm

Anything this evening?

The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2021 6:12 pm

I am available.

I shall contemplate if there are any albums I would prefer to do.

The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2021 6:23 pm

I'm struggling.

The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2021 6:23 pm

The New Seekers' 1979 album would appear to not be on YouTube.

The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2021 6:37 pm

Mary Hopkins' first album doesn't appear to have her hits on it. llama

The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2021 6:38 pm

You hate Squeeze and I'm not that bothered about them.

The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2021 6:38 pm

We only did an Elvis Costello album a few days ago.

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2021 6:39 pm

How about Mott The Hoople?

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!
Page 16 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 27 ... 38  Next