The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 27 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The New Hall of the Wendigo

The forum in which all human experience resides. Especially for fans of the now-deceased original Hall of the Wendigo. Still Number One with the core demographic.

HomePortalSearchView new postsThe Hall of the Wendigo Emergency BlogRegisterLog in

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 32 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
Nightjar

Nightjar

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2022 5:27 pm

But it's got Gob Beldork singing on it. bawl

Nightjar

Nightjar

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2022 5:28 pm

And it's got loads of a extra sound effects and it's mixed all different and there all bits from the film in it and extra tracks. Excited

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2022 5:28 pm

And actual Vera Lynn. Excited

SiberianPrincess’sMidriff

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2022 5:40 pm

Has it got Bob Hoskins' immortal reading of "Flip me!"

Excited

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2022 6:04 pm

type

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2022 6:05 pm

Yes!

Yes it does!! Excited

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2022 6:07 pm

As "Bring the Boys Back Home" and "Comfortably Numb" segue into one another.

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2022 6:08 pm

And you can hear him ranting and raving during all the Roger sung bits of the latter song. shifty

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2022 6:14 pm

Production-wise the whole album has a really big, crunching, gritty sound, compared to the (IMO) slightly anaemic, clean studio version.

There are loads of interpolated bits from the film and the tracks are much more briskly spliced together too.

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2022 6:36 pm

Obviously we wouldn't do it all at the same time neither like too. yes

The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2022 9:54 pm

Have we never done a KC and the Sunshine Band album? I thought we had.

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2022 1:15 pm

I'm thinking of doing Damn the Torpedoes by The Tom Petty Band ft. Tom Petty, as I've never actually heard a full tTPB ft. TB albums, any objections?

The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2022 4:42 pm

I have no objection.

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2022 9:10 pm

I think we should do Rumours.

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2022 9:12 pm

Someone stop me.

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2022 9:19 pm

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 27 4a9a57b7-f8ea-453d-b7fd-0c2bd22ff9f2_text

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2022 9:22 pm

It's too late.

It's happened.

I didn't mean it to happen but it just sort of happened.

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2022 9:24 pm

This keeps nearly happening every time I thing of doing a Phantom Band album.

There must be some reason for it.

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2022 5:08 pm

I am available.

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2022 5:39 pm

You've posted in the wrong thread. cringe

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 27 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!
Page 27 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 32 ... 38  Next