The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 31 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum in which all human experience resides. Especially for fans of the now-deceased original Hall of the Wendigo. Still Number One with the core demographic.

HomePortalSearchView new postsThe Hall of the Wendigo Emergency BlogRegisterLog in

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 34 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
SiberianPrincess’sMidriff

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 31 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2023 9:31 am

So did I shifty

Nightjar

Nightjar

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 31 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2023 8:37 pm

OK, let me get this straight. stare

What I'm proposing are relatively short (no more than 20 minutes) playlists of songs that don't quite fit into the exact long-player record format, but are, in your humble opinion, worthy of a consensus opinion.

Examples include:

- Songs by artists that never got released on anything other than compilations (i.e. they were the one song ever released by that artist, although they might've been influential songwriters, musicians or producers).

- Songs by artists who's discography and general output is dreadful and/or unacceptable, but where there's this one song that's potentially worthy of attention.

- Songs from unbelievably dreadful/absurdly overlong albums (ones we couldn't realistically force our fellow Wendigans to endure) that nonetheless have a lone song (or two) on that's decent.

- Songs by very obscure artists from obscure compilations (garage-psych, Krautrock, Industrial, Afro-funk etc) who just don't have any kind of substantial 'canon' of material.

There are more examples, but I can't think of them right now.

Really, the idea is to corral errant, lost or faintly unclassifiable songs into nicely/weirdly little mini-playlists.

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 31 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2023 8:39 pm

I shall create a playlist shortly to illustrate.

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 31 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2023 8:45 pm

Basically, taking an album that you think is a bit rubbish, but what has several (IYHO) decent songs on and perhaps needs violently pruning so you can cherry/prune-pick them are absolutely ruled out.

Basically, if an album has more than one (subjectively) good song on it then it has to be put into the proper Colosseum to engage in violent violence.

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 31 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2023 8:57 pm

Another criteria is:

- stuff that's really good from albums that other Wendigans would find upsetting and dreadful from a moral perspective.

i.e. certain hip-hop groups, certain Industrial groups, Derek & Clive, certain Cliff albums...

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 31 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2023 9:07 pm

And...

- Bands and performers who we've (seemingly) already done everything by, but where's this one song.

Oh, just this last little one...

Pretty please.

The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 31 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2023 9:11 pm

Quote :
- Songs from unbelievably dreadful/absurdly overlong albums (ones we couldn't realistically force our fellow Wendigans to endure) that nonetheless have a lone song (or two) on that's decent.
I was going to launch a thread that did that, last night, but bottled it when you said I'd got the concept wrong.

I shall now tootle off and launch said thread.

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 31 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2023 9:15 pm

Or are completely left of off the field.

The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 31 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2023 9:21 pm

The Call of the Wendigo wrote:
Quote :
I was going to launch a thread that did that, last night, but bottled it when you said I'd got the concept wrong.

I shall now tootle off and launch said thread.
I have now launched that thread.

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 31 EmptySat Feb 25, 2023 8:01 pm

We need to officially ascertain and then rubber stamp the way that these mini-playlists are marked.

You seem to have set a standard with your 3-choice option, so I will concur.

There should be three options and the text accompanying the marks can be up to the setter.

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 31 EmptySat Feb 25, 2023 8:02 pm

Just in case you missed it last time.

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 31 EmptySat Feb 25, 2023 8:14 pm

Brix Smith has an album coming out.

It's produced by Youth.

I am watching Celebrity Pointless.

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 31 EmptySat Mar 04, 2023 8:19 pm

When it gets a bit warmer/lighter I'll be going down the gym in the evenings more. So I'll have to cut back a bit.

llama

The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 31 EmptySat Mar 04, 2023 9:36 pm

dontpanic

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 31 EmptyTue Mar 07, 2023 7:53 pm

Wendlets - could you please create a separate sub-forum for these mini playlists?

Not the EPs, just the other ones?

The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 31 EmptyTue Mar 07, 2023 8:04 pm

I can. yes

The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 31 EmptyTue Mar 07, 2023 8:07 pm

And I have.

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 31 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 8:11 pm

Did we ever do Captain Beyond - Captain Beyond (1972)?

It seems like we did.

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 31 EmptyThu Mar 09, 2023 12:10 am

We did that Captain Lockhead one, or something.

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 31 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 6:58 pm

We haven't done a Coil alBum have we? Excited

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 31 Empty

Back to top Go down

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!
Page 31 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 34 ... 38  Next