The New Hall of the Wendigo Refugees Club - Page 18 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum in which all human experience resides. Especially for fans of the now-deceased original Hall of the Wendigo. Still Number One with the core demographic.

HomePortalSearchView new postsThe Hall of the Wendigo Emergency BlogRegisterLog in

The New Hall of the Wendigo Refugees Club

Go down 
+4
The Call of the Wendigo
Nightjar
Butterfield
Fangirl Three
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 31 ... 44  Next
AuthorMessage
Fangirl Three

Fangirl Three

The New Hall of the Wendigo Refugees Club - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Hall of the Wendigo Refugees Club   The New Hall of the Wendigo Refugees Club - Page 18 EmptySun Sep 15, 2019 7:05 pm

CT's Salon of Elegance?

Nightjar's Gallery of the Fine and Useful Arts?

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The New Hall of the Wendigo Refugees Club   The New Hall of the Wendigo Refugees Club - Page 18 EmptySun Sep 15, 2019 7:20 pm

I would prefer Nightjar's White Cube.  whatever

Or Nightjar's Salon. aristojar

CT's sub-forum would have to be for stylish things that aren't fashion-y, so not the shoes one because that falls under Flibbington's House of Fashion.

So, perfumery, interior design, furniture, tableware, light fittings, posh t*iletries, etc...

She should come up with suggestions as to the name which we can veto if they feature rude words in.

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The New Hall of the Wendigo Refugees Club   The New Hall of the Wendigo Refugees Club - Page 18 EmptySun Sep 15, 2019 7:36 pm

Cosmictanya's F*cking Epicurian Emporium?

Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: The New Hall of the Wendigo Refugees Club   The New Hall of the Wendigo Refugees Club - Page 18 EmptySun Sep 15, 2019 7:40 pm

box

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The New Hall of the Wendigo Refugees Club   The New Hall of the Wendigo Refugees Club - Page 18 EmptySun Sep 15, 2019 8:11 pm

Thank you very very very very very much Wendi, but, er... I'm not sure that the word gazebo is right.

A gazebo is an uncovered outdoor space a bit like a bandstand.

If it was a gazebo all the paintings would get mould on and spiders would build homes on the sculptures.

And hedgehogs would hibernate under the site-specific installations.

And the experimental videos of paint drying would short-circuit. bawl

Can't it be called a Nightjar's Salon des Arts?

Please.

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: The New Hall of the Wendigo Refugees Club   The New Hall of the Wendigo Refugees Club - Page 18 EmptySun Sep 15, 2019 8:12 pm

What is 'Tanya's Tea Room of Luxury'? It seems incredibly unkind. I'm hurt and I'm going down to my neighbour for a gin and tonic. She makes them just as I prefer, with squeezed limes and fresh coconut slices.

Last edited by cosmictanya on Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The New Hall of the Wendigo Refugees Club   The New Hall of the Wendigo Refugees Club - Page 18 EmptySun Sep 15, 2019 8:14 pm

Oh dear.

I wish I'd never suggested anything now. bawl

cosmictanya wrote:
What is 'Tanya's Tea Room of Luxury'? And can it be deleted? It seems incredibly unkind.

OK, it might not be a name you like, but how is it unkind?

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: The New Hall of the Wendigo Refugees Club   The New Hall of the Wendigo Refugees Club - Page 18 EmptySun Sep 15, 2019 8:16 pm

It seems very ungenerous. I was just trying share passions and lovely things.
Back to top Go down
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: The New Hall of the Wendigo Refugees Club   The New Hall of the Wendigo Refugees Club - Page 18 EmptySun Sep 15, 2019 8:18 pm

Oh, no, it's alright. I now see it formed a discussion here and didn't have malice attached to it. I'm still going down for a drink.
Back to top Go down
The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: The New Hall of the Wendigo Refugees Club   The New Hall of the Wendigo Refugees Club - Page 18 EmptySun Sep 15, 2019 8:19 pm

I don't frequent tea rooms but I thought they were supposed to be elegant places of refinement, porcelain and string quartets. dunno

cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: The New Hall of the Wendigo Refugees Club   The New Hall of the Wendigo Refugees Club - Page 18 EmptySun Sep 15, 2019 8:20 pm

If everyone is having one, I quite like the idea. I'm just not sold on tea room. Are you a White Cube fan?
Back to top Go down
The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: The New Hall of the Wendigo Refugees Club   The New Hall of the Wendigo Refugees Club - Page 18 EmptySun Sep 15, 2019 8:21 pm

I have now changed the names of the offending subforums. box

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The New Hall of the Wendigo Refugees Club   The New Hall of the Wendigo Refugees Club - Page 18 EmptySun Sep 15, 2019 8:21 pm

How about cosmictanya's gin palace? happy

Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: The New Hall of the Wendigo Refugees Club   The New Hall of the Wendigo Refugees Club - Page 18 EmptySun Sep 15, 2019 8:24 pm

shifty

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The New Hall of the Wendigo Refugees Club   The New Hall of the Wendigo Refugees Club - Page 18 EmptySun Sep 15, 2019 8:24 pm

Oh, Cosmic Luxury, that's good.

It's verging on *rgasmic but nothing near as r*de.

Come on CT, that has to be acceptable.

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: The New Hall of the Wendigo Refugees Club   The New Hall of the Wendigo Refugees Club - Page 18 EmptySun Sep 15, 2019 8:31 pm

Yeah that's ok. Definitely not gin palace - sounds like a pretentious term for an East End boozer with horrible etched glass partitions, a sticky carpet, cracked tiles in the loo from where heads have been smashed, and a presumption that ladies are to served spirits in stemmed goblets.

What did you think of Dau btw?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The New Hall of the Wendigo Refugees Club   The New Hall of the Wendigo Refugees Club - Page 18 EmptySun Sep 15, 2019 8:33 pm

Poor Wendykins.

Back to top Go down
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: The New Hall of the Wendigo Refugees Club   The New Hall of the Wendigo Refugees Club - Page 18 EmptySun Sep 15, 2019 8:40 pm

The Call of the Wendigo wrote:
I don't frequent tea rooms but I thought they were supposed to be elegant places of refinement, porcelain and string quartets. dunno

I thought you were a Yorkshire lass? Aren't there tea rooms on every corner? With women wearing extravagant hats and people waving their little fingers in time to brass band music? 

I favour Laduree. Opera is ok, likewise the newish Elan. Caffe Concerto is good if you can sit outside with a newspaper - if there are no tables I don't bother, and I never have their cakes or pastries because they're sh*t. 

It's a good people watching spot. I once saw an orange Lamborghini take out a turning taxi just by there. I felt so sorry for the driver - he was like a jolly (but shell shocked) grandad. I offered him a cigarette and a seat.
Back to top Go down
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: The New Hall of the Wendigo Refugees Club   The New Hall of the Wendigo Refugees Club - Page 18 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2019 12:05 am

I've just come back upstairs having been moving towards the door for the last two hours, with severe period cramping. She had a friend over - a woman in her 80's who was, frankly, a dirty old tart. Who talked at length about keeping young by wan*ing to 'Take My Breath Away' videos featuring the young Tom Cruise. In fact we had to listen to the record, more than once, in otherwise complete silence while the offender closed her eyes and mouthed along. I was in great physical discomfort.

This is all Nightjars fault.
Back to top Go down
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: The New Hall of the Wendigo Refugees Club   The New Hall of the Wendigo Refugees Club - Page 18 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2019 4:34 pm

OF GREAT IMPORTANCE...

I have a request. That my subsection be named Tanya's Cosmic Collection. And that the threads on perfumery, interiors, thobes and men in baths be found there.

I know that the epic shoe thread was already going long before, but as its main contributor I would love that to be part of the collection as well. My thread on brain zapping was meant to be medical but has instead become personal, so I think that should be moved over as well.

I also thought it should rightly be in the arts category instead of 'other stuff'.

A million thanks to you - may your day be all you hoped it would be x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The New Hall of the Wendigo Refugees Club   The New Hall of the Wendigo Refugees Club - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

The New Hall of the Wendigo Refugees Club
Page 18 of 44Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 31 ... 44  Next