Funny name corner - Page 2 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum in which all human experience resides. Especially for fans of the now-deceased original Hall of the Wendigo. Still Number One with the core demographic.

HomePortalSearchView new postsThe Hall of the Wendigo Emergency BlogRegisterLog in

Funny name corner

Go down 
+2
Nightjar
Butterfield
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

Funny name corner - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funny name corner   Funny name corner - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2024 1:41 pm

I don’t get it. Is Schoof a play on words or something?
Back to top Go down
Butterfield

Butterfield

PostSubject: Re: Funny name corner   Funny name corner - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 05, 2024 12:37 am

cosmictanya wrote:
I don’t get it. Is Schoof a play on words or something?

I tried to find something, but I couldn't quite. It's just a funny name though.
Back to top Go down
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: Funny name corner   Funny name corner - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 05, 2024 2:08 am

I don’t see the joke with the whole name. Schoof. What’s Schoof?

You do need a surname that adds to it. Or a Famous Five situation. I used to love the Famous Five, always insisted on the videos from the library, and my mother (our phone was on the kitchen wall, so that’s where she spent most of her waking moments) used to shout down to the street things like ‘We’re watching Dick and Fanny up here’ - as we lived in Soho and it was always busy, a cheer would go up. Used to annoy me. Once we ended up with four people piling up the stairs in excitement, to find 8/9 year old me watching the Famous Five and tutting at them for disturbing me.
Back to top Go down
Butterfield

Butterfield

PostSubject: Re: Funny name corner   Funny name corner - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 05, 2024 2:30 am

I gave up trying to find any further innuendo in the name. I just like that the Netherlands' new PM is called Dick Schoof, a new name to get used to on the European/world stage.
Back to top Go down
Butterfield

Butterfield

PostSubject: Re: Funny name corner   Funny name corner - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 05, 2024 2:31 am

Actually, if it was pronounced "Dick Sho-off" then that might be a bit more interesting. blah blah

But I presume it's either "Shoof" or "Skoof".
Back to top Go down
Fangirl Three

Fangirl Three

PostSubject: Re: Funny name corner   Funny name corner - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 05, 2024 8:26 am

There used to be a politician from one of the Benelux countries called Jacques Poos.

Though of course that doesn't mean anything over there. It's like having an English politician called James Caca.

cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: Funny name corner   Funny name corner - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 05, 2024 8:56 am

Butterfield wrote:
Actually, if it was pronounced "Dick Sho-off" then that might be a bit more interesting. blah blah

But I presume it's either "Shoof" or "Skoof".

Yes, we need to determine whether it’s shoo or schoo before we play around with it properly.

If the latter, then we’re only one letter out from Dick School, which is potentially spectacular.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Funny name corner   Funny name corner - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Funny name corner
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2