The Who - Wire & Glass: A Mini-Opera (2006) - Page 5 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The Who - Wire & Glass: A Mini-Opera (2006)

3 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Wine in a glass or Wire up your ass?

The Who - Wire & Glass: A Mini-Opera (2006) - Page 5 Vote_lcap0%The Who - Wire & Glass: A Mini-Opera (2006) - Page 5 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
The Who - Wire & Glass: A Mini-Opera (2006) - Page 5 Vote_lcap33%The Who - Wire & Glass: A Mini-Opera (2006) - Page 5 Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 1 ]
SiberianPrincess’sMidriff
The Who - Wire & Glass: A Mini-Opera (2006) - Page 5 Vote_lcap67%The Who - Wire & Glass: A Mini-Opera (2006) - Page 5 Vote_rcap 67% 
[ 2 ]
The Call of the Wendigo, Nightjar
The Who - Wire & Glass: A Mini-Opera (2006) - Page 5 Vote_lcap0%The Who - Wire & Glass: A Mini-Opera (2006) - Page 5 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 3

The Who - Wire & Glass: A Mini-Opera (2006) - Page 5 Empty Re: The Who - Wire & Glass: A Mini-Opera (2006)

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:15 pm

Not sure what the point of putting 2 versions of certain songs on, just put the better, longer in the case of the title track on it. Seems confused.

Back to top Go down

The Who - Wire & Glass: A Mini-Opera (2006) - Page 5 Empty Re: The Who - Wire & Glass: A Mini-Opera (2006)

Post by Nightjar Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:22 pm

I didn't mind it.

I also didn't quite get the point of it.

Knowing PT, it meant and/or was intended to express complex and profound emotions and philosophical concepts.

It was however a fairly prosaic set of songs featuring Daltrey's still powerful vocals, decent musicianship and PT's understandably poor vocals.

Townshend never was a great vocalist of course, but it was an essential element of peak plateau-era Who and worked perfectly as a fragile, heartfelt, soulful and effectively 'in tune' with the underlying concept, in counterpoint to Daltrey's bombastic primal roar.

Unfortunately, unlike some other singers, he's clearly not maintained or adapted his vocals and it was a conspicuous on this.

I mean, I guess he was never a recognised singer, although (after the earlier mod years) he probably sung (or song on) 1/3 of the band's songs, so unfortunately newer stuff exposes his vocal limitations fairly badly.

Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:26 pm

Nightjar wrote:

Townshend never was a great vocalist of course,

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:34 pm

Have you just run that through a Tom Waits AI filter? stare

Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:42 pm

SiberianPrincess’sMidriff wrote:
Nightjar wrote:Daltrey's vocals have probably held up better over the years than any other living singer.

Isn't Percy Plant alright these days?

Mind you he's got some help with the high notes.

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:02 pm

Nightjar wrote:What's the underpinning narrative BTW?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Boy_Who_Heard_Music

It's no Quadrophenia. Probably.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5