Eurovision Song Contest 2024 | Malmö, Sweden | 7-11 May - Page 20 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Eurovision Song Contest 2024 | Malmö, Sweden | 7-11 May

+5
The Call of the Wendigo
stedorlordendel
NDN1984
SiberianPrincess’sMidriff
Butterfield
9 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

Eurovision Song Contest 2024 | Malmö, Sweden | 7-11 May - Page 20 Empty Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2024 | Malmö, Sweden | 7-11 May

Post by cosmictanya Sun May 12, 2024 2:36 am

Butterfield wrote:Those communities are louder and more visible than they ever were - which is fair enough - but that also means any backlash is going to be equally loud as it was with the old skool gay community decades ago. You barely see the traditional gay rainbow flag anymore; I don't think I saw a single one over 8 hours of this year's Eurovision compared with the others which were with the various performers. Gays are done with!

And a LOT of straight people have jumped onto this new flag bandwagon - but then they always do, before they move onto the next trend or fad. Remember when straight women took over all the gay bars 20ish years ago with their hen nights and such?

I saw one of those chevron flags flying on a rural English Heritage castle last year - I bet they didn't even know who or what it represented, but they felt obliged to put it up and it made them feel good about themselves.

Yes, I do remember it. It’s just one reason I never go to hen nights. I don’t go to gay clubs unless I’m with a gay man (or more than one) because I don’t think it’s fair for me to stroll in there and own the place, let alone with a group of other straight women.

But this backlash against these groups of people is creeping closer to outright fascism, and it disgusts me to see the dehumanisation, and the growing sense of a legislative, healthcare, and educational pincer movement with them firmly in sight as the target.

If English Heritage wish to take part in inclusivity days, using the properties and the contents of them to highlight it, good for them. For all you know, the family that house previously belonged to had a hidden LGBT member whose story was finally being told.

We aren’t really meant to be doing this here, so I’ll leave it there, other than saying it’s something I want no part in. People should be able to do their own life in whatever way they’re comfortable with, without a new Section 28 atmosphere, or worse, descending.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Eurovision Song Contest 2024 | Malmö, Sweden | 7-11 May - Page 20 Empty Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2024 | Malmö, Sweden | 7-11 May

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Sun May 12, 2024 7:36 am

Butterfield wrote:
The Call of the Wendigo wrote:Possible gay subtext.

I think we might have done better if the performance hadn't been quite so.... gay. Gay just isn't in anymore. It has to be trans or queer or non-binary to get votes in 2024!

It didn't feel very inclusive did it? Nowt for the dolly palones, or others.

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20