The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. - Page 36 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum in which all human experience resides. Especially for fans of the now-deceased original Hall of the Wendigo. Still Number One with the core demographic.

HomePortalSearchView new postsThe Hall of the Wendigo Emergency BlogRegisterLog in

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread.

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 43 ... 50  Next
AuthorMessage
The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread.   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. - Page 36 EmptySat 14 Sep 2019 - 13:33

It was a single. It made Number Fifty. box

The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread.   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. - Page 36 EmptySat 14 Sep 2019 - 13:33

It was re-released in 1993. box

The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread.   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. - Page 36 EmptySat 14 Sep 2019 - 13:34

Track 10 - My Love is Dangerous.

The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread.   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. - Page 36 EmptySat 14 Sep 2019 - 13:34

No it isn't. It's Track 11 - Love Me Like There's No Tomorrow.

The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread.   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. - Page 36 EmptySat 14 Sep 2019 - 13:35

They've gone for melody and simplicity again. happy

The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread.   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. - Page 36 EmptySat 14 Sep 2019 - 13:37

Track 12 - Deleted Video.

The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread.   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. - Page 36 EmptySat 14 Sep 2019 - 13:38

And, by a shocking twist, it is indeed a deleted video. I wonder if he ever thought that'd be the case when he called it that? gasp

The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread.   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. - Page 36 EmptySat 14 Sep 2019 - 13:40

And that is the end of the album.  Tracks 4, 5, 6 and 10 were listed as being, "[blocked in your country]." box

Last edited by The Call of the Wendigo on Sat 14 Sep 2019 - 13:47; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://hallofthewendigo.forumotion.com Online
The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread.   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. - Page 36 EmptySat 14 Sep 2019 - 13:41

I can't help feeling that really didn't go very well and was not a triumph, as far as running commentaries go.

The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread.   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. - Page 36 EmptySat 14 Sep 2019 - 13:43

Regardless, I liked There Must Be More to Life Than This and Love Me Like There's No Tomorrow which were simpler and more harmonious to the ear. The uptempo stuff and the more OTT stuff left me cold.

The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread.   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. - Page 36 EmptySat 14 Sep 2019 - 13:48

I can pass no judgement on the tracks that were blocked in my country. Colbert

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread.   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. - Page 36 EmptySat 14 Sep 2019 - 14:00

The Call of the Wendigo wrote:
Wikipedia says it was produced by Reinhold Mack.

I shall find out who he is.

It's gotta be a mack
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread.   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. - Page 36 EmptySat 14 Sep 2019 - 14:00

I need to dig out my yé oldé vinyls.

Or record as we used to say back in the day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread.   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. - Page 36 EmptySat 14 Sep 2019 - 14:02

This could take some time, I need to get my library steps as it's on the top shelf...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread.   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. - Page 36 EmptySat 14 Sep 2019 - 14:08

…material.

I'm in!

Drums!

Is this Rick Ashley?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread.   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. - Page 36 EmptySat 14 Sep 2019 - 14:09

Strange drums that seem to come out of nowhere.

Seems to be half a song they've padded out with stuff.

Still it worked for Coldplay. dunno
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread.   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. - Page 36 EmptySat 14 Sep 2019 - 14:10

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. - Page 36 Img_4711
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread.   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. - Page 36 EmptySat 14 Sep 2019 - 14:11

Brian May style guitar solo.

Hang on....

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. - Page 36 Img_4712
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread.   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. - Page 36 EmptySat 14 Sep 2019 - 14:14

So if he's not on it, why, errr.

Anyway, Made In Heaven

This isn't his best. It actually sounds more like a Brian May ballard than a Freddie one, dunno
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread.   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. - Page 36 EmptySat 14 Sep 2019 - 14:17

type Guitars by Paul Vincent, who is a real person. dunno

I was Born to Love You.

Disco Bass line! Oh, it's gone. It's just occurred to me, there's no bass on any of the tracks so far. I know it was 1985, but...

That Piano line sounds like something else? Abba?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread.   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. - Page 36 Empty

Back to top Go down

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread.
Page 36 of 50Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 43 ... 50  Next