+3
Butterfield
Fangirl Three
The Call of the Wendigo
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Poll Question

Have you ever used a Rotary telephone? I_vote_lcap0%Have you ever used a Rotary telephone? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Have you ever used a Rotary telephone? I_vote_lcap88%Have you ever used a Rotary telephone? I_vote_rcap 88% 
[ 7 ]
Have you ever used a Rotary telephone? I_vote_lcap12%Have you ever used a Rotary telephone? I_vote_rcap 12% 
[ 1 ]
Have you ever used a Rotary telephone? I_vote_lcap0%Have you ever used a Rotary telephone? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 8

Have you ever used a Rotary telephone? Empty Have you ever used a Rotary telephone?

Post by Guest Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:40 pm

Have you ever used a Rotary telephone? Rotate-antique-telephones-vintage-telephone-dial-European-telephone-Creative-telephones

Back to top Go down

Have you ever used a Rotary telephone? Empty Re: Have you ever used a Rotary telephone?

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:45 pm

I've never had one. I want one of those weird, 1970s vertical phones that have the dial on the bottom. Excited

Admin

https://hallofthewendigo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Have you ever used a Rotary telephone? Empty Re: Have you ever used a Rotary telephone?

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:47 pm

They're called Ericofons. gasp https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ericofon

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:56 pm

Oh, I thought you meant one of these:

Have you ever used a Rotary telephone? CandlestickTelephoneGal

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:00 pm

lol 70s

Have you ever used a Rotary telephone? 587px-766_Snowdon_Collection_push_button_Trimphone_in_brown_and_cream

drool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:03 pm

When I was a little baby Stevebaby we had one of these:

Have you ever used a Rotary telephone? 1024px-746_telephone_in_ivory

I wasn't allowed anywhere near it. because it cost 10p every 3 seconds or something. A fortune at the time.

:old:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:05 pm

Actually, that still sounds like a lot of money. sad yes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:12 pm

Steviebaby wrote:When I was a little baby Stevebaby we had one of these:

I wasn't allowed anywhere near it. because it cost 10p every 3 seconds or something. A fortune at the time.

:old:

I just remembered, I would unscrew the speaker, or was it the bit you spoke into? and check to see if it had any secret bugs fitted! Excited Just like they did in the spy films!

28 I was. etc etc...

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:23 pm

Steviebaby wrote:I just remembered, I would unscrew the speaker, or was it the bit you spoke into? and check to see if it had any secret bugs fitted! Excited Just like they did in the spy films!
And did it? Excited

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:26 pm

Steviebaby wrote:When I was a little baby Stevebaby we had one of these:

We had that one too, except wall mounted, until I was nearly 18. It was replaced on May 3rd 1988 according to the Fangirl Diaries.

http://shallowlikeus.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:20 pm

The Call of the Wendigo wrote:
Steviebaby wrote:I just remembered, I would unscrew the speaker, or was it the bit you spoke into? and check to see if it had any secret bugs fitted! Excited Just like they did in the spy films!
And did it? Excited

no.

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:40 pm

We had one like the white one above, only in light yellow. It was the upstairs phone. The downstairs phone was like the brown one above, only in white, and with a rotary dial.
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:41 pm

Exactly like this one, a Trimphone. happy

Have you ever used a Rotary telephone? Trimphone

I remember coming back off holiday, in I think 1990, and the replacement phone had been delivered. I wish we had kept the Trimphone. bawl
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:45 pm

This was the ultra modern replacement. It had many exciting features, such as actual buttons, memory recall, the storing of phone numbers and... not much else really.

Have you ever used a Rotary telephone? BT-Tan-Phone
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:42 am

Gosh, we had that one too.

I've just remembered, it had pulse dialling instead of tone, so when you pressed 0 you'd hear ten little quick clicks just as if you'd dialled 0 on the old phone.

http://shallowlikeus.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:40 am

B&O and Samsung collaborated on a rotary mobile phone. yes

The Serene...

Have you ever used a Rotary telephone? Bang-olufsen-samsung-serene-2005-lovefone-london

It costs about £1000.

ohrly

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:08 pm

Fangirl Three wrote:Gosh, we had that one too.

I think it was the standard BT fare.
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:06 pm

It's a shame that many of these phones aren't more beige.

It's like the designers just weren't bothering. Colbert

Last edited by Nightjar on Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Nik Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:48 pm

Yes, we inherited one as the upstairs phone. I recall finding it quite perplexing
Nik
Nik

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:05 am

I'm late to the party.

Yes of course. My grandparents had a red one. I thought it looked very Soviet - must've seen it on a film or news report. It felt quite exciting to use for that reason. It was kept in the hallway, because they thought other telephone locations were common. Latterly we bought them a set of cordless phones - that remained in its cradle in the hallway at all times, and the extras were hidden in a cupboard unused, because of the same. I will post the gold stick dialing tool we always used to avoid germs. I have it now. At their apartment the phone was a grayish two tone colour. Also in the hall with its own table and integrated seat.

My mothers was cream/white and was on the kitchen wall. It felt very modern in comparison to be able to chat away in the kitchen, on the bar stool, with things around you in stretching distance to eat and drink.

Several years ago in Mauretania I was so thrilled when I was shown my hotel room to see that my bedside phone was a rotary dial that I immediately sat down to start calling people instead of going out.

I didn't know they were called rotary telephones. I just knew them as telephones.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum