The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 37 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The New Hall of the Wendigo

The forum in which all human experience resides. Especially for fans of the now-deceased original Hall of the Wendigo. Still Number One with the core demographic.

HomePortalSearchView new postsThe Hall of the Wendigo Emergency BlogRegisterLog in

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 43 ... 50  Next
AuthorMessage

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2019 9:43 pm

The Call of the Wendigo wrote:
"Pie. Pie. Pie. Pie. Pie. Pie. Pie. Pie."

The Call of the Wendigo wrote:
Jackson Browne Sauce must be kicking himself for not coming up with that one.
Back to top Go down
Nightjar

Nightjar

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2019 10:47 pm

I forgot to do it. sad yes

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2019 7:14 pm

I'm listening to it.

Drums.

Piano.

All strident.

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2019 7:15 pm

Elegant plinky plonking.

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2019 7:16 pm

Small string section in accompaniment?

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2019 7:16 pm

Not a peep from Ms. Dee so far.

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2019 7:17 pm

Crescendo...

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2019 7:17 pm

Oboe?

No, bassoon?

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2019 7:21 pm

Seriously, is she going to utter a werd?

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2019 7:22 pm

Baby Dee's lyrics and singing voice are pretty engaging and fascinating by and l*rge.

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2019 7:22 pm

I would join you but I've just put on 'An Evening with Hinge and Bracket'.

sad yes
Back to top Go down
Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2019 7:24 pm

I might have to skim this forward if there aren't any vocal diversions some time soon. sad yes

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2019 7:25 pm

FINALLY!

SHE SPEAKS!

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2019 7:28 pm

This is more of what I know.

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2019 7:30 pm

I feel that this is all a bit overblown and removed from the distinct and likeable Baby Dee I'm more familiar with.

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2019 7:34 pm

It has a self-indulgent languor (never strictly a bad thing) that I don't recognise from her.

Ergo, what could be more engaging and challenging is reduced to a kind of arty easy listening experience.

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2019 7:35 pm

Singing again.

Babes!

Keep singing - has your voice gone in your dotage or what!?

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2019 7:37 pm

Didn't she retire a couple of years ago?
Back to top Go down
Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2019 7:37 pm

Yes!

A slimy snail longing paean...

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2019 7:39 pm

WhatDoesThisButtonDo? wrote:
Didn't she retire a couple of years ago?

I haven't a clue.

If you say so.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 37 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!
Page 37 of 50Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 43 ... 50  Next