The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 42 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The New Hall of the Wendigo

The forum in which all human experience resides. Especially for fans of the now-deceased original Hall of the Wendigo. Still Number One with the core demographic.

HomePortalSearchView new postsThe Hall of the Wendigo Emergency BlogRegisterLog in

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 46 ... 50  Next
AuthorMessage

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 42 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 42 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2020 8:43 am

I'd prefer 8, but I'm available all nite.
Back to top Go down
Nightjar

Nightjar

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 42 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 42 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2020 10:16 am

8:30pm?

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 42 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2020 10:40 am

Which one we doing? 3+3?

Cuz I need to use this:

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 42 Giphy
Back to top Go down
Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 42 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2020 11:25 am

I s'pose.

It was put forward first after all.

...unless the Countess would like to do Machine Gun Etiquette instead? dunno

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 42 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2020 6:45 pm

No one's said anything, so I can do one of those albums at 9pm.

You choose which one chief.
Back to top Go down
Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 42 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2020 6:53 pm

3+3 at 9:00pm SHARP!!

Fangirl Three

Fangirl Three

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 42 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2020 6:56 pm

Nightjar wrote:
...unless the Countess would like to do Machine Gun Etiquette instead? dunno

I'd be happy to do that on another occasion.
Back to top Go down
http://shallowlikeus.blogspot.co.uk/

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 42 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2020 9:51 pm

The Call of the Wendigo wrote:
That was an OK record but it was a bit too smooth for me and, as I have no ability to dance, I have an inherent resistance to Funk.

Ooh, can we do the first Slave album? I've heard their second and that's FunkAY but never heard the 1977 first one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1tKTjRgJuE&list=PLNAla3d4b0mM4-8_-85FTCWWantnm6MeR&index=1

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 42 R-1526919-1254501280.jpeg

It's got a song on it called Party Hardy!

here's a typical track from the second album

dance
Back to top Go down
Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 42 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2020 10:03 pm

Well, it's The Damned before that.

Unless teh Countess can't make it before we can. box

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 42 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2020 10:03 pm

I've changed my mind. It's too funky for us. One of us might break a hip or something getting down in single minded pursuit of the groove.

Last edited by WhatDoesThisButtonDo? on Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

If you wish to launch such a thread, you are free to do so.

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 42 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2020 10:07 pm

WhatDoesThisButtonDo? wrote:
I've changed my mind. It's too funky for us. One of us might break a hip getting down to the groove.

Well, it wouldn't be me. Sly

I originally wanted to do the Isley's Go For Your Guns (1977) which is as crunching a funk p*ledr*ver of an elpee as it gets.

Of course I do think Parliament should get a run out some time.

Mothership Connection or Funkentelechy.

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 42 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2020 10:08 pm

I'm just worried that the songs would be too long for Wendi. sad yes

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 42 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2020 10:12 pm

Nightjar wrote:
I've changed my mind. It's too funky for us. One of us might break a hip getting down to the groove.

Well, it wouldn't be me. Sly

I originally wanted to do the Isley's Go For Your Guns (1977) which is as crunching a funk p*ledr*ver of an elpee as it gets.

Of course I do think Parliament should get a run out some time.

Mothership Connection or Funkentelechy.

I've got Muthership, so lets do the Funkentelechy vs. the Placebo Syndrome one.

Maybe under the influence of the Bop gun we can convert Wendykins from a Sir Nose d'Voidoffunk into a Bride of Funkenstein?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 42 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2020 10:12 pm

How about a solo Ruth Copeland Copeland album? I've always wanted to try one of those.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 42 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2020 10:14 pm

71 album I Am What I Am?

Personne
Ruth Copeland - vocals, backing vocals, arrangements
Billy Bass Nelson, Dawn Hatcher - bass
Eddie Hazel, Ron Bykowski, Ray Monette - guitar
Tiki Fulwood - drums
Bernie Worrell, David Case - piano, organ

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 42 R-1167344-1325617709.jpeg

Never heard it, so…

confused 2:
Back to top Go down
The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 42 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2020 10:21 pm

71 album I Am What I Am?

Personnel:
Diana Coupland - vocals, backing vocals, arrangements
Big Mouth Billy Bass, Teri Hatcher - bass
Ronnie Hazelhurst, Ron Bykowski, Ray Monette - guitar
Rikki Fulton - drums
Antony Worrall, Thompson, David Headcase - piano, organ
gasp

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 42 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2020 10:25 pm

And Mother of Inga Copeland.

sad yes
Back to top Go down
Fangirl Three

Fangirl Three

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 42 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2020 10:37 pm

I can do Machine Gun Etiquette tomorrow at 7, or Sunday at 7, but thereafter I'm out of the frame for the next fortnight.

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 42 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2020 10:38 pm

I'm out this weekend, but I could so a Here's one I prepared earlier thingy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 42 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!
Page 42 of 50Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 46 ... 50  Next