The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 45 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The New Hall of the Wendigo

The forum in which all human experience resides. Especially for fans of the now-deceased original Hall of the Wendigo. Still Number One with the core demographic.

HomePortalSearchView new postsThe Hall of the Wendigo Emergency BlogRegisterLog in

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 50  Next
AuthorMessage
Nightjar

Nightjar

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 45 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 45 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2020 10:34 am

This evo I guess.

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 45 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 45 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2020 9:11 am

I quite fancy doing Buffy The Vampire Slayer Sainte-Marie ‎1969's Illuminations album, I'd like her Leonard Cohen semi-cover off it I've heard, but not quite got around to listening to the rest. It's apparently "Psychedelic Rock, Ethereal, Experimental"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLJ4egYkCeA&list=PLtSmkp1o4VzGLmHQUOJSN6iguEhno63pN

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illuminations_(Buffy_Sainte-Marie_album)

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 45 Illuminations_%28Buffy_Sainte-Marie_album%29

type

"Her previous album Illuminations having sold so poorly as to lose Vanguard a considerable sum of money, the label placed considerable pressure on Sainte-Marie to come up with something that would sell in larger numbers"

dontpanic

type

It's only 35 minutes long! joy

Last edited by WhatDoesThisButtonDo? on Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:16 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 45 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2020 9:12 am

You know this is the only social contact I have these days. yes

Well, apart from the other stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 45 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2020 9:34 am

type

So in the queue so far we haz:

Adam and the Ants - Kings of the Wild Frontier
Bob 'The Bob' Dylan - Murder Most Fowl
Maria McKee - You Gotta Sin to Get Saved
Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia
Summer Camp - Romantic Comedy
Momus - P*ntaloon (Abanonded ?)
Oh, and s*d it, lets do
BSM - Illuminations

hmm That'll do for now. yes
Back to top Go down
Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 45 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2020 9:36 am

No more TG for Wendi's sake I'm afraid. sad yes

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 45 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2020 9:45 am

I'll give it till this afternoon to see if my Dua Lipasucktion LP turns up today, and I'll work out a schedule for the above lot.

No ones' getting bored with this as well are they?

I think we need more people to make suggestions. yes
Back to top Go down
The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 45 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2020 10:08 am

WhatDoesThisButtonDo? wrote:
type

Bob 'The Bob' Dylan - Murder Most Fowl
Maria McKee - You Gotta Sin to Get Saved
Oh, and s*d it, lets do
BSM - Illuminations

We've already done You Gotta Sin to Get Saved.

But not Life is Sweet. Excited

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 45 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2020 10:16 am

Post lady has come! Dumped a LP shaped cardboard box on my doorstep rang the bell and ran away.

But I won't know for a couple of hours when I feel confident about handling it without gloves until I know what it is scared
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 45 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2020 10:17 am

type

Life is Sweet is 50:34 so it's too long to do with the Dylan song. sad yes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 45 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2020 10:45 am

😷

Nope, it's not, it's Soccer Mommy and Dana Grabinsky Gavanski

So I think 2nite we should do Life Is Sweet, again, after that TG fiasco last nite. yes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 45 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2020 9:08 pm

WhatDoesThisButtonDo? wrote:
type

Bob 'The Bob' Dylan - Murder Most Fowl (one track but goes on for about 3 hours)
Oh, and s*d it, lets do
BSM - Illuminations

And we've just had Neko Ed'Case - Hell-On (2018) added.

Tomorrow, let's do… Summer Camp.

yes

Unless we fancy a Eurovision special? scared
Back to top Go down
Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 45 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2020 9:18 pm

I don't.

Too long and gruelling.

Pantaloon is deffo abandoned indefinitely.

I'd like to pick an exceptional Momus album at some - even if it means I have to learn how to create a Youtube playlist of his best one because it's incomplete.

I'd like to do KotWF some time, but I think I was mostly keen to do it last night because I felt that Wendi might've viewed 20JFGs somewhat dimly.

That said, I also think that we need to do Dumpa Lumpa as soon as feasibly possibly manageable and then Neko Case.

Wendi can then indulge in another Maccamckee *rgy of self-indulgence to her heart's content.

OH!

YES!

And we're definitely going to do AT LEAST one more Residents album.

The 3rd Reich 'n Roll was a poor choice on reflection and in no way whatsoever deserved the snarkily ignorant comment about 'figuring out said band's tricks' already after 15 minutes. rollingpin

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 45 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2020 9:34 pm

You been drinking again?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 45 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2020 9:38 pm

Can't do The Lipa's till Monday, when hopefully my copy turns up. When I can listen to the neon yellow vinyl and flick through the 20 page photograph book.

yes

Suppose I could do the YouTube version, and slum it like a pleb. dunno

And that means we could do the Dylan one too.

Someone decide for me.
Back to top Go down
Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 45 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2020 9:41 pm

Neither.

How'd'ya like them onions?

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 45 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2020 9:34 pm

We haz a list:

Adam and the Ants - Kings of the Wild Frontier (NJ)
Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia (Me)
Buffy St. Marie - Illuminations (Me)
Au Revoir Simone - The Bird of Music (2007) (NJ)
Neko Case - Hell-On (2018) (NJ)
Back to top Go down
Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 45 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2020 9:36 pm

Dua Lipa should be done ASAP.

Sword of Damocles and all that...

Saving that, I don't care, it's not a popularity contest.

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 45 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2020 9:37 pm

I think we need more suggestions from other people.

yes
Back to top Go down
Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 45 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2020 9:38 pm

Why don't you make another suggestion then?

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 45 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2020 10:47 pm

OK Beeacth I WILL!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 45 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!
Page 45 of 50Go to page : Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 50  Next