+2
The Call of the Wendigo
cosmictanya
6 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Embarrassing songs you love - Page 3 Empty Re: Embarrassing songs you love

Post by Nightjar Sat May 23, 2020 10:20 pm

I think that that Simply Red track I posted was the thread-ending exemplar.

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Sat May 23, 2020 10:25 pm

Y'all are welcome to stay in your own lane with the suicidal worthies who sagely assure their fans, from the dizzy heights of #174 in the charts (once - forty years ago), that commercial successes and catchy choruses are the preserves of the tastelessly uneducated.

I would say, shove your Protestant work ethic and the all of the pofaced cultural seriousness it produces up your freezing and badly dressed a*ses. Joy is a valid emotion.

Much like the jewellery thing - Anglo Germanic restraint is its own bleached out world, full of willing prisoners. Everyone else whacks on the gold and the bright colours. The meek do not inherit the earth, poverty is not virtue, and that stained old band t-shirt isn't even something I'd strip up and use to polish my silverware. Put that in your pipe and call the council to report yourself for smoking it.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Sat May 23, 2020 10:43 pm

Even in Exarchia, you don't find Greek anarchists wearing unflattering clothes in man made fibres and bonding over exclusively obscure stuff. Proper anarchists don't stay within rigidly approved and socially policed lines. That's a conspicuous characteristic of historically Protestant communities and the particular sorts of secular rebels to found in them - as is the wearing of unattractive shoes, and middle class males who hang Che Guevara posters (always - without fail, the calling card of a mediocre and self regarding sh*g).
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3