The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!

3 posters

Page 1 of 50 1, 2, 3 ... 25 ... 50  Next

Go down

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! Empty The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!

Post by Guest Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:40 pm

We'll do the Sugar2 on Wednesday then! Excited

Back to top Go down

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! Empty Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!

Post by Fangirl Three Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:23 pm

Don't you mean Sugar3s?

Regardless of the index, I'd like to commence at 7pm Wed, or is that too early for you sophisticated urban types?

http://shallowlikeus.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! Empty Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!

Post by Guest Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:28 pm

Fangirl Three wrote:Don't you mean Sugar3s?

Yes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:20 pm

I've been trying work out a strategy for listening to Joanna Newsom's 2010 album Have One On Me.

It's a triple album with long long songs all of which have densely, exquisitely rendered, complex lyrics and instrumentation.

Ultimately I'm prepared to do it on my own.

Ultimately everyone should listen to it.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:21 pm

Right, that's me done. I've just launched all the running commentary threads I'll be launching for ages. box

Admin

https://hallofthewendigo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:11 pm

We doing one 2nite?

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:23 pm

My preference would be the Hawkwind one, if Zarniwoop is planning to take part.

Otherwise, we're due for one of mine, as we did one of yours and FanGirl's last night and one of Nightjar's the night before.

Therefore, the choice is from:

Graham Parker - The Up Escalator.
REM - Automatic for the People.
Supertramp - Breakfast in America.
Shakespears Sister - Hormonally Yours.
Paul McCartney - Driving Rain: Part One..
Elvis Costello - Imperial Bedroom.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:25 pm

McC*tney!!
Unless Mr./Ms. Z gets back to us.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:29 pm

7 o'clock?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:35 pm

As far as my ones lined up I'd say Nicky Hopkins, then Au Revoir Simone, then Steely Dan, then Joan Armourplating, then Stevie Wonder, then Ron & Rog'.

Or in any other order people'd prefer. yes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:41 pm

Well it's at least three weeks until the end of lockdown special of Egyptian Stations so that's a few to get through…

Unless we get bored of the whole thing of course.

shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:56 pm

Never! box

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:57 pm

Are we doing Paul McCartney - Driving Rain: Part One then?

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:34 pm

That was very short.

Should we do another?

Part 2 even?

At 8pm?

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:02 pm

What's on tonight?

Zarno (if he's about) can decide, or The Countess...

Then Me or StevBorkZ.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:12 pm

I don't mind passing up my turn, as you all have similar tastes in music and it isn't often that something I've heard of is proposed.

http://shallowlikeus.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:19 pm

New album by Fiona Apple out today.

:meh:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:37 pm

Fangirl Three wrote:I don't mind passing up my turn, as you all have similar tastes in music and it isn't often that something I've heard of is proposed.

Did you not sort of recommend Can't Buy a Thrill last night?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:38 pm

I thought you two did half of it last night?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 50 1, 2, 3 ... 25 ... 50  Next