A Silver Mt. Zion ‎– He Has Left Us Alone But Shafts Of Light Sometimes Grace The Corner Of Our Rooms… (2000)

2 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Silver?

A Silver Mt. Zion ‎– He Has Left Us Alone But Shafts Of Light Sometimes Grace The Corner Of Our Rooms… (2000) - Page 6 I_vote_lcap0%A Silver Mt. Zion ‎– He Has Left Us Alone But Shafts Of Light Sometimes Grace The Corner Of Our Rooms… (2000) - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
A Silver Mt. Zion ‎– He Has Left Us Alone But Shafts Of Light Sometimes Grace The Corner Of Our Rooms… (2000) - Page 6 I_vote_lcap33%A Silver Mt. Zion ‎– He Has Left Us Alone But Shafts Of Light Sometimes Grace The Corner Of Our Rooms… (2000) - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 33% 
[ 1 ]
A Silver Mt. Zion ‎– He Has Left Us Alone But Shafts Of Light Sometimes Grace The Corner Of Our Rooms… (2000) - Page 6 I_vote_lcap0%A Silver Mt. Zion ‎– He Has Left Us Alone But Shafts Of Light Sometimes Grace The Corner Of Our Rooms… (2000) - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
A Silver Mt. Zion ‎– He Has Left Us Alone But Shafts Of Light Sometimes Grace The Corner Of Our Rooms… (2000) - Page 6 I_vote_lcap67%A Silver Mt. Zion ‎– He Has Left Us Alone But Shafts Of Light Sometimes Grace The Corner Of Our Rooms… (2000) - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 67% 
[ 2 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 3

A Silver Mt. Zion ‎– He Has Left Us Alone But Shafts Of Light Sometimes Grace The Corner Of Our Rooms… (2000) - Page 6 Empty Re: A Silver Mt. Zion ‎– He Has Left Us Alone But Shafts Of Light Sometimes Grace The Corner Of Our Rooms… (2000)

Post by Guest Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:47 pm

Little ambient thing to end on. yes

It is over.

Back to top Go down

A Silver Mt. Zion ‎– He Has Left Us Alone But Shafts Of Light Sometimes Grace The Corner Of Our Rooms… (2000) - Page 6 Empty Re: A Silver Mt. Zion ‎– He Has Left Us Alone But Shafts Of Light Sometimes Grace The Corner Of Our Rooms… (2000)

Post by Nightjar Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:47 pm

It would appear that they've been around a little longer than Arcade Fire.

I wonder if AF based themselves on this lot in regards to creating a kind of extended, pseudo-orchestral unit.

Both bands from Montreal after all.

But then, like did actual songs to liven things up a bit? hmm

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:48 pm

It is over.

That was a very lazy record that went nowhere and never tried to.

Now to look back at the thread and see what everyone else made of it. Excited

Admin

https://hallofthewendigo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:48 pm

I shall give it 2 stars.

Admin

https://hallofthewendigo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:49 pm

WhatDoesThisButtonDo? wrote:
Nightjar wrote:
WhatDoesThisButtonDo? wrote:I'm not doing a jazz album.

They're not exactly a jazz band.

They're a Black Metal band that transformed gradually into a dark, ambient lounge-jazz band.

I suppose we could dig out some OG Metal/Ambient like Scorn?

type

I'm thinking of the earlier Pain killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:50 pm

Well, what to say?

Not much.

Not exactly original, not exactly interesting, not exactly annoying or offensive either.

Did we need a backstory perhaps?

Are there elucidating liner notes?

I will check and perhaps return with a different view/set of marks after I've investigated.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:52 pm

In the meantime I shall sum up by saying that it was the kind of music that you can have on when in the background when you're making a laborious, painstaking artwork that is both hypnotic, enthralling but ultimately tortuously dull and monotonous to create*.

*all of the art I've ever made

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:53 pm

Anyway, that was alright. I think it needed a God Speed You Black Emperor! type rock out on it, but then again that was never their thang. I guess.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:57 pm

OK, as posted in the appropriate thread, it was apparently about his dearly departed doggy. 🐶

This fact does not elevate it any more opinion of mark-wise. sad yes

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:01 pm

Incidentally, my mention of Arcade Fire wasn't without foundation since Trudeau apparently played on AF's first album Funeral.

What's more, Owen Pallett is the chief arranger of much of AF's strings and violin playing.

Spooky, or all together more boring?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:23 pm

WhatDoesThisButtonDo? wrote:

I'm thinking of the earlier Pain killer

A Silver Mt. Zion ‎– He Has Left Us Alone But Shafts Of Light Sometimes Grace The Corner Of Our Rooms… (2000) - Page 6 Tenor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6