The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 36 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum in which all human experience resides. Especially for fans of the now-deceased original Hall of the Wendigo. Still Number One with the core demographic.

HomePortalSearchView new postsThe Hall of the Wendigo Emergency BlogRegisterLog in

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36
AuthorMessage
Nightjar

Nightjar

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 36 EmptySun Jan 21, 2024 10:40 am

Haven't we already done one?

Or is just that Chris Spedding has played on every record we've ever done a commentary of?

SiberianPrincess’sMidriff

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 36 EmptySun Jan 21, 2024 11:26 am

The Call of the Wendigo wrote:
Oh my God. What if they did a Prog album? llama

type

"The Myths And Legends Of King Merton Womble And His Journey To The Centre Of The Earth"

This is not a joke, https://www.discogs.com/master/686674-The-Wombles-Superwombling

type

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaD_hJ2jyGw&list=OLAK5uy_mjh1K-R_0qpDNNXnY81w4PTTdT9Ha5XvA&index=2

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 36 EmptySun Jan 21, 2024 12:19 pm

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 36 Xq0TmZM

Butterfield

Butterfield

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 36 EmptyMon Jan 22, 2024 12:43 am

The Call of the Wendigo wrote:
I want to do a Wombles album.

I feel whichever one had the biggest hits on it is the one we should do.

I think the known songs are spread across the first two albums. I'm wondering about creating both - as they're both short at just over 30mins - and we could do them weeks, if not months, apart.

First album:

"The Wombling Song (Television Version)" - 1:40
"Wombles Everywhere" (3:20)
"Exercise Is Good for You (Laziness Is Not)" - 2:30
"The Wombles' Warning" - 3:25
"Tobermory" - 3:35
"Dreaming in the Sun (Orinoco's Song)" - 4:10
"Madame Cholet" - 3:48
"Great Uncle Bulgaria's March" - 3:28
"Wellington Womble" - 3:50
"Bungo's Birthday" - 2:30
"Wombling Along (Link Piece)" - 0:48
"The Wombling Song (Full Version)" - 2:25

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wombling_Songs

Second album:

Remember You're a Womble (Mike Batt, Chris Spedding) - 3:07
Minuetto Allegretto (Batt, Spedding) - 3:33
Non-Stop Wombling Summer Party (Batt, Spedding, Felicity White) - 4:00
Wombling in the Rain (Batt, Spedding, Paul Peterson) - 3:54
Womble Burrow Boogie (Batt, Spedding, Ian Hawkins) - 2:58
Side Two
Wellington Goes to Waterloo (Batt, Spedding, Edward Seymour) - 3:30
The Return of Cousin Yellowstone (Batt, Spedding, Richard Kelly) - 3:06
The Womble Square Dance (Batt, Spedding, Hawkins) - 3:12
Wimbledon Sunset (Interlude) (Batt) - 1:48
Banana Rock (Batt, Spedding, Seymour) - 3:16

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remember_You%27re_a_Womble
Back to top Go down
Butterfield

Butterfield

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 36 EmptyMon Jan 22, 2024 12:43 am

Nightjar wrote:
Haven't we already done one?

Not this side of the new forum.
Back to top Go down
The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 36 EmptyFri Feb 09, 2024 5:33 pm

I'm going to go on YouTube, right now and launch a thread for an album by whichever band YouTube first recommends to me.

Let us see what the fickle finger of fudge fate comes up with. Excited

The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 36 EmptyFri Feb 09, 2024 5:35 pm

And the first band it's recommended is... Excited

... Excited

... Excited

Mud!!!

Colbert

The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 36 EmptyFri Feb 09, 2024 5:35 pm

The second is The Eagles.

Flipping heck.

The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 36 EmptyFri Feb 09, 2024 5:36 pm

The third is Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds.

rollingpin

The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 36 EmptyFri Feb 09, 2024 5:38 pm

The fourth is someone called The Cowsills.

I've no idea who that is but it's the first recommendation that we haven't already done and isn't ten hours long.

Therefore, that is the thread I shall launch.

The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 36 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2024 8:17 pm

I was going to launch a mini-thread for songs that sound like elephants but I could only think of two. bawl

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 36 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2024 8:36 pm

John Glacier's Green Elephant Freestyle
Deradoorian - Dali's Elephant Caravan Melting Desert
Syd Barrett - Effervescing Elephant

Oh, SOUND like elephants. Shatnered

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 36 Empty

Back to top Go down

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!
Page 36 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36