The Cassette thread, or should that be tape? lolz.

+4
Fangirl Three
flibbington2.0
Butterfield
The Call of the Wendigo
8 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The Cassette thread, or should that be tape? lolz. Empty The Cassette thread, or should that be tape? lolz.

Post by Guest Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:18 pm

Sales of Cassette tapes have dolbyed! Errr doubled.

https://www.whathifi.com/news/cassette-tape-sales-have-doubled-in-uk-theres-catch

Handy Vlada

Back to top Go down

The Cassette thread, or should that be tape? lolz. Empty Re: The Cassette thread, or should that be tape? lolz.

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:10 pm

Steve Hoffman'll be pleased. People'll be rushing out to buy all those compilation jazz tapes he put together. Excited

Admin

https://hallofthewendigo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Cassette thread, or should that be tape? lolz. Empty Re: The Cassette thread, or should that be tape? lolz.

Post by Butterfield Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:21 pm

Today I saw that the forthcoming new "Boy George and Culture Club" album is also going to be released on cassette. Much as I like all this retro-ness, I do feel the world is going a bit mad.
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by flibbington2.0 Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:55 am

This is promising news. Not that long ago I went into an electronics store and asked the person behind the counter if they sold blank tapes.
He gave me the same look I gave my grand-père in 1989 when he complained because they didn't make betamax tapes anymore.
flibbington2.0
flibbington2.0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:15 pm

I don't aways listen to cassettes, but when I do I listen to them on something that looks this wonderfully 80s

The Cassette thread, or should that be tape? lolz. S-l1600

happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:26 pm

I'm too drunk to take photos of my cassette decks. (The mystical Second State of cassette deck drunkenness. The First State is where you are drunk enough to take photos of your cassette decks.)

I might post some tomorrow if I'm in the mood.
Fangirl Three
Fangirl Three

http://shallowlikeus.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:29 pm

Fangirl Three wrote:I'm too drunk to take photos of my cassette decks. (The mystical Second State of cassette deck drunkenness. The First State is where you are drunk enough to take photos of your cassette decks.)

I might post some tomorrow if I'm in the mood.

I just saw it on evilBay, I don't own a machine capable of playing tapes, I just thought it was notably period in design.

ohrly

Hang on, you said decks, plural, Handy Vlada

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:11 am

That said, I have seen a nice tape player on that there eBay, Don't need it, but can I resist the urge to buy it?

scared

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:26 pm

Mr. Wiggles wrote:
Hang on, you said  decks, plural, Handy Vlada

The Cassette thread, or should that be tape? lolz. Deck1h10

The Cassette thread, or should that be tape? lolz. Deck2h10
Fangirl Three
Fangirl Three

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:33 pm

Double Doubles!

The Cassette thread, or should that be tape? lolz. Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ5HHDQJrIb7bTDEEHfiJpMsxDjruU6433eDQwZGF1K3zeWo2RS

Also bonus Multi-stAge noise SHaping! happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:58 pm

I gave my N*D tape deck away. sad yes

It did go to a good home though (and it wasn't the best example of its kind)

The Cassette thread, or should that be tape? lolz. Rt8nHBo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:10 pm

You're now Nadless?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:14 pm

I had one of these:

The Cassette thread, or should that be tape? lolz. $_86

It stopped working, probably the drive belts had turned to dust, I'd be tempted to try and swap them out these days, but then it just seemed like an old fossil now I had the exciting world of CD-R Excited And I was able to record John Peel Session's onto CD, Handy Vlada

The Cassette thread, or should that be tape? lolz. $_86

That one stopped recording for some reason. Not sure why, but it just seemed like an old fossil in the exciting world of MP3s.

sad yes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:19 pm

And before that I had that draw JVC one, this is the sort of thing I was looking at on eBay, but you get the amp, radio and linea tracking, direct drive turntable as well, dunno

The Cassette thread, or should that be tape? lolz. Equipo-de-sonido-todo-en-uno-jvc-nivico-D_NQ_NP_652499-MCO26700986179_012018-F

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:57 pm

Clickety analogue tape counter alert! Excited

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:16 pm

gasp

A new tape player, in < Present Year!!! >

Last edited by Steviebaby on Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:18 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:29 am

Phwoarr!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:36 pm

And by the same bloke, some hip exciting sounds from 50 years ago,

That Burl Ives one rocks! rock

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:54 pm

music

Admin

https://hallofthewendigo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:11 pm

Music was much better then, before Autotune, rock 'n' Roll and Beiber.

I wish I'd been born in the 1940s and to have lived through all that great music.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next