Eh up, it's Yorkshire Day. - Page 2 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum in which all human experience resides. Especially for fans of the now-deceased original Hall of the Wendigo. Still Number One with the core demographic.

HomePortalSearchView new postsThe Hall of the Wendigo Emergency BlogRegisterLog in

Eh up, it's Yorkshire Day.

Go down 
+2
Fangirl Three
The Call of the Wendigo
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

Eh up, it's Yorkshire Day. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eh up, it's Yorkshire Day.   Eh up, it's Yorkshire Day. - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 24, 2021 7:33 pm

Eh up, it's Yorkshire Day. - Page 2 9e751e9ce23fb09d5c4e1bf4c1eef39f
Back to top Go down
Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: Eh up, it's Yorkshire Day.   Eh up, it's Yorkshire Day. - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 24, 2021 7:49 pm

It should be "and a kestrel in a dust-bin". sad yes

Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: Eh up, it's Yorkshire Day.   Eh up, it's Yorkshire Day. - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 24, 2021 7:55 pm

Wikipedia wrote:
Yorkshire Day is a yearly celebratration to promote the historic county of Yorkshire, England.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yorkshire_Day

"Celebratration"? Sly

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: Eh up, it's Yorkshire Day.   Eh up, it's Yorkshire Day. - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 24, 2021 8:09 pm

Yeah, brackie.

SiberianPrincess’sMidriff

PostSubject: Re: Eh up, it's Yorkshire Day.   Eh up, it's Yorkshire Day. - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2022 11:02 am

We missed it!

Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: Eh up, it's Yorkshire Day.   Eh up, it's Yorkshire Day. - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2022 1:59 pm

dance

Butterfield

Butterfield

PostSubject: Re: Eh up, it's Yorkshire Day.   Eh up, it's Yorkshire Day. - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2022 2:20 pm

I completely missed Black Country Day and I completely missed Yorkshire Day. I am not a citizen of anywhere. Sad
Back to top Go down
Fangirl Three

Fangirl Three

PostSubject: Re: Eh up, it's Yorkshire Day.   Eh up, it's Yorkshire Day. - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2022 2:39 pm

I believe I pointed out that it was Yorkshire Day in the 'Something Day' thread.

cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: Eh up, it's Yorkshire Day.   Eh up, it's Yorkshire Day. - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2022 5:39 pm

Butterfield wrote:
I completely missed Black Country Day and I completely missed Yorkshire Day. I am not a citizen of anywhere. Sad

Don't be sad. I'm not either. All that 'citizens of nowhere' stuff was the most disgusting dogwhistle into public life in many years. I was genuinely shocked. My jaw actually did drop. It still stands out as a particularly repugnant low. I'm very proud of nowhere.
Back to top Go down
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: Eh up, it's Yorkshire Day.   Eh up, it's Yorkshire Day. - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2022 5:42 pm

It feels like only yesterday that it was Yorkshire Day the last time. I suppose a sign of age is how fast Yorkshire Day comes around again.
Back to top Go down
Fangirl Three

Fangirl Three

PostSubject: Re: Eh up, it's Yorkshire Day.   Eh up, it's Yorkshire Day. - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2022 6:08 am

cosmictanya wrote:
Butterfield wrote:

Don't be sad. I'm not either. All that 'citizens of nowhere' stuff was the most disgusting dogwhistle into public life in many years. I was genuinely shocked. My jaw actually did drop. It still stands out as a particularly repugnant low.

Me too. Hearing that was one of the things that most prompted me to leave England. I'm proud of my cosmopolitan perspective aristojar

cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: Eh up, it's Yorkshire Day.   Eh up, it's Yorkshire Day. - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2022 4:47 pm

Fangirl Three wrote:
cosmictanya wrote:
Butterfield wrote:

Don't be sad. I'm not either. All that 'citizens of nowhere' stuff was the most disgusting dogwhistle into public life in many years. I was genuinely shocked. My jaw actually did drop. It still stands out as a particularly repugnant low.

Me too. Hearing that was one of the things that most prompted me to leave England. I'm proud of my cosmopolitan perspective aristojar

Yes. Along with total shock, my other immediate and lasting emotion was shame.

It was a definite watershed for me too. Whatever Britain was or might've been, that was the moment I realised it wasn't and wouldn't ever be. That's probably the day I concluded that as a united country, it was done. As a political entity, it was now time to call in Dignitas for the sake of all involved.

Every day since has confirmed that - a terminally ill body in great pain thrashing around wildly, abusively, causing destruction to those around it and damage to those living with it. Having exhausted all treatment options, it's now at the 'maybe some maverick con artist in America can help me' stage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eh up, it's Yorkshire Day.   Eh up, it's Yorkshire Day. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Eh up, it's Yorkshire Day.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The New Hall of the Wendigo :: Other Stuff :: The Crusty Bunker-
Jump to: