What's happening in your life? - Page 49 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum in which all human experience resides. Especially for fans of the now-deceased original Hall of the Wendigo. Still Number One with the core demographic.

HomePortalSearchView new postsThe Hall of the Wendigo Emergency BlogRegisterLog in

What's happening in your life?

Go down 
+5
flibbington2.0
Nik
Nightjar
Fangirl Three
The Call of the Wendigo
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50  Next
AuthorMessage
Nightjar

Nightjar

What's happening in your life? - Page 49 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's happening in your life?   What's happening in your life? - Page 49 EmptyThu 7 May 2020 - 11:20

An handsome young man in a fluorescent orange fleece has just come and unblocked my pipes.

Then he did the sink.

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: What's happening in your life?   What's happening in your life? - Page 49 EmptyThu 7 May 2020 - 12:19

Poor b*st*rd must've been quite uncomfortable in a fleece. I'd have asked if he wanted to take it off and have a Diet Coke.
Back to top Go down
The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: What's happening in your life?   What's happening in your life? - Page 49 EmptyFri 8 May 2020 - 16:22

I keep thinking today is a Saturday. bawl

Fangirl Three

Fangirl Three

PostSubject: Re: What's happening in your life?   What's happening in your life? - Page 49 EmptyFri 8 May 2020 - 18:59

Me too sad yes

Zarniwoop

Zarniwoop

PostSubject: Re: What's happening in your life?   What's happening in your life? - Page 49 EmptyWed 13 May 2020 - 14:49

I have been asked to nominate 10 Equations that have / will, influenced / influence me in the past / future 13Billion years ish.
Today I nominate the-deconstructed-standard-model-equation (this counts as 5)
https://www.symmetrymagazine.org/article/the-deconstructed-standard-model-equation
What's happening in your life? - Page 49 Equati10
Back to top Go down
Zarniwoop

Zarniwoop

PostSubject: Re: What's happening in your life?   What's happening in your life? - Page 49 EmptyWed 13 May 2020 - 14:50

Errr by the way, No I don't understand it.
Back to top Go down
The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: What's happening in your life?   What's happening in your life? - Page 49 EmptyWed 13 May 2020 - 14:52

I don't think I could even think of ten equations. scared

PostSubject: Re: What's happening in your life?   What's happening in your life? - Page 49 EmptyWed 13 May 2020 - 14:54

Ad = Hm * Ma where Hm is heat of the meat, and Ma is the mass of the ass.
Back to top Go down
Helium

Helium

PostSubject: Re: What's happening in your life?   What's happening in your life? - Page 49 EmptyWed 13 May 2020 - 18:31

Zarniwoop wrote:
I have been asked to nominate 10 Equations that have / will, influenced / influence me in the past / future 13Billion years ish.
Today I nominate the-deconstructed-standard-model-equation (this counts as 5)
https://www.symmetrymagazine.org/article/the-deconstructed-standard-model-equation
What's happening in your life? - Page 49 Equati10

Gorilla No eye crazy scared
Back to top Go down
Fangirl Three

Fangirl Three

PostSubject: Re: What's happening in your life?   What's happening in your life? - Page 49 EmptyWed 13 May 2020 - 18:46

I remember the the first forum post I ever made, and the first website I ever visited, and now I have a new tech memory to treasure. The first time I got a b*ll*ck*ng over Zoom.

The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: What's happening in your life?   What's happening in your life? - Page 49 EmptyWed 13 May 2020 - 19:03

scared

Fangirl Three

Fangirl Three

PostSubject: Re: What's happening in your life?   What's happening in your life? - Page 49 EmptyWed 13 May 2020 - 19:07

It was for being rude to our manager in front of everyone at another Zoom meeting.

cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: What's happening in your life?   What's happening in your life? - Page 49 EmptyFri 15 May 2020 - 9:56

That seems quite insensitive of the manager - I think a phonecall would be less confrontational. Looking at that equation makes me feel unwell. They never made any sense to me. I particularly disliked the way teachers would say, if you have any problems with homework you can bring it to me tomorrow. Doing that very thing invariably led to them saying "what you're telling me is you just couldn't be bothered to do the work". No, what I'm telling you is that the ink on that page may as well be Japanese.
Back to top Go down
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: What's happening in your life?   What's happening in your life? - Page 49 EmptyFri 15 May 2020 - 9:59

I have found out this morning, from my son before his lessons began, that his father and stepmother have the name Dominic on their shortlist if it's a boy. I fought tooth and nail to call him that, and his father refused. I'm not sure what to do - it's technically none of my business, but I'd feel robbed.
Back to top Go down
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: What's happening in your life?   What's happening in your life? - Page 49 EmptyFri 15 May 2020 - 14:01

I think my current therapist has either mixed up my notes with someone else's, or else she's only been intermittently listening this whole time.

I had today's telephone session while on a walk/trip round Sainsbury's. She suggested that my intimacy difficulty might stem from a dislike of p*n*tration.

That would be absolute b*ll*cks of the first degree. Only shopping, hot dry weather, and uninterrupted sleep jostle for top spot in the sensation category.
Back to top Go down
Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: What's happening in your life?   What's happening in your life? - Page 49 EmptyFri 15 May 2020 - 14:52

Perhaps she means like when you sit on a drawing pin?

PostSubject: Re: What's happening in your life?   What's happening in your life? - Page 49 EmptyFri 15 May 2020 - 15:02

To be fair, that last P*n*tration album was terrible.
Back to top Go down
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: What's happening in your life?   What's happening in your life? - Page 49 EmptySun 17 May 2020 - 8:39

Yes, I should ask for clarity. I'll wait for our next scheduled appointment. The last time clarity was requested, she suggested that it could've been done without an 8,500 word email. Or I should say, she walked me into the cul-de-sac of voicing that conclusion myself. Evidently some of it was worthwhile, because we are still exploring it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's happening in your life?   What's happening in your life? - Page 49 EmptySun 17 May 2020 - 19:33

Can I just say if anyone posts one of those Penguin Classics cover thingies on here, I'll be breaking out my first negative karma.
Back to top Go down
Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: What's happening in your life?   What's happening in your life? - Page 49 EmptySun 17 May 2020 - 19:57

Penguin Classics or Penguin Modern Classics?

PostSubject: Re: What's happening in your life?   What's happening in your life? - Page 49 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's happening in your life?
Page 49 of 50Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50  Next