+4
Fangirl Three
Nightjar
flibbington2.0
The Call of the Wendigo
8 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The sleep (and lack of sleep) thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The sleep (and lack of sleep) thread

Post by Zarniwoop Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:05 pm

I don't know if weather comes into your thoughts but don't forget that Fanchester is one of the warmest,driest and sunniest places in the UK.
Zarniwoop
Zarniwoop

Back to top Go down

The sleep (and lack of sleep) thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The sleep (and lack of sleep) thread

Post by Fangirl Three Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:10 pm

I knew it was very near to the driest place in Britain (Gt Wakering I believe) but not that it was in the running for warmest or sunniest.

I took this photo off the bridge which turns out to represent my impressions perfectly.

The sleep (and lack of sleep) thread - Page 4 Img_2011

The first impression is one of gloom. But the sun is bursting powerfully through the overcast, and bringing out the warm colours of the buildings on the left.
Fangirl Three
Fangirl Three

http://shallowlikeus.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Zarniwoop Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:28 pm

Much lighter evenings in Glasgow during the Summer but dark very early in Winter.
Zarniwoop
Zarniwoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:58 pm

You've given me pause for thought with the sunshine thing - at least enough to make me look up the sunniest. place in Scotland ⛅
It's Dundee, which interestingly was my Plan B anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:21 pm

That's what they told me in Dundee, about 4 times, when I went there.

Glasgow was the most un-runied Victorian British City, They seem to be hell b*nt on doing it up now. sad yes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:38 pm

Aberdeen always seemed like a nice place to retire to, but the oncoming death of the oil industry won't be pretty. sad yes

🛢🛢

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:00 am

Fangirl Three wrote:You've given me pause for thought with the sunshine thing - at least enough to make me look up the sunniest. place in Scotland ⛅
It's Dundee, which interestingly was my Plan B anyway.

My sons father is from there. It's really quite nice, far more so than its unfair reputation. Some beautiful houses/areas, beach, lovely parks, great views, an hour to central Edinburgh. Very friendly and warm people. And not cloyingly so, but they treat everyone like family. It's a great night out.

Lots of students, so young and international. I can't speak highly enough of it, nor of the dirt cheap but stunning and decent quality mince rolls on sale 24/7, and the packets of local fresh raspberries and strawberries that even little newsagents have on sale.

If you need to know any more, just ask and I'll do my best. I bought several rhododendrons for my ex boyfriends mother when she turned 50 and they've thrived. Her vast garden (social housing flat) is the envy of all who survey, even with most gardens being attractive.

I also gave her several sets of bedding from The White Company because I didn't want to spend a fortune but what she had was a disgrace - so harsh it cut my ankle. I think TWC stuff is very decent. Several of her neighbours loved her upgrades so I sent them some too as a thanks - they all treat my son like one of their own.

PS - it is noticeably drier than Glasgow and Bristol. Ignore the above vote for Aberdeen - it's a very cold place, in all senses of the word. Along with London, Edinburgh, Bath, Bournemouth, and Brighton, Dundee is the only other British city I'd live in.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:25 am

Ooh, can I recommend this at 1:30 today?

http://www.sharmanka.com/Home/Shows_and_Tickets.html

And if you slope off early you won't have to pay! evil2

Have you been to the Necropolis yet? Nice views from the city… OF THE DEAD

ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:23 pm

Thanks for all your suggestions, NHOTWers. I went over to South Glasgow to check out Giffnock and Newton Mearns, but they were like the posh bits of Fanchester, or the places my grandparents retired to. I think even I would find them rather dull. If Glasgow is the place for me, North Glasgow is the area - Milngavie, Bearsden, Bishopbriggs.

The thing about Dundee is it's a much smaller place, and half the attraction of Glasgow is that I can have big city living very cheaply, and I've not had the metropolitan experience before, I think I might like it.
Fangirl Three
Fangirl Three

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:29 pm

Well, whatever makes you happy.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:52 am

I went to bed at 7pm last night, and I woke up again at 9pm and lay awake for about five hours, I got right through to the national anthem on Radio 4.

Then I fell asleep again till 7am. So I wasted 5 hours lying in bed that I could have spent wandering round the house trying to work out what day of the week it was.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:14 am

I slept well last night, but it was mostly in 90-minute instalments. The last one, towards 5.30am, was double length, and I dreamt I was in prison and Norman Lovett was one of the prison officers and he pushed me over bawl

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:17 am

pet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:47 am

That is truly tragic. sad yes

Admin

https://hallofthewendigo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:47 am

Wide awake after just an hour asleep. In significant physical pain. 

I've just seen that Italian Vogue has produced a completely blank white Coronavirus cover, signifying a new era, of which readers know nothing yet - and which they can either pick up to be taken on a voyage of discovery, or not, depending on their own internal feelings. I did that for my dissertation years ago, for the same rationale. 

If I'd known Bvlgari etc would've paid to advertise within the concept...
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:19 am

I went to bed at 7pm exactly and slept about 9½ hours.

I feel great now, purged of the evils of alcohol.

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:01 am

It is amazing how enjoyable it can be to wake up after an early night. Probably one of my favourite sensations. I like to treat myself to a double helping of sleeping pills once or twice a month. Asleep before the news. 

Now I think of it, that last part might also provide restorative relaxation.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:16 am

I always have really vivid dreams when I go to bed sober after a week on the sauce. It's great.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:06 am

I went to bed at 7pm last night, slept till 11pm and spent an hour typing up some stuff. Then back to bed and woke up at 6am.

I feel so refreshed that it's positively dangerous. I've just had scrambled eggs on toast made with five eggs.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:47 am

scared

Admin

https://hallofthewendigo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next