TV news items that don't need their own threads

+3
Fangirl Three
The Call of the Wendigo
Butterfield
7 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

TV news items that don't need their own threads - Page 5 Empty Re: TV news items that don't need their own threads

Post by Butterfield Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:15 pm

I remember this so well. They got married in Walsall so it was quite big in our local news too. cilla

Couple who met on Blind Date still madly in love as they celebrate 30th wedding anniversary

TV news items that don't need their own threads - Page 5 1301014_blinddate_683765-a115

TV news items that don't need their own threads - Page 5 Blinddatewedding-079a-rotated

TV news items that don't need their own threads - Page 5 Blinddatewedding2-cf76-rotated
https://metro.co.uk/2021/10/20/couple-who-met-on-blind-date-celebrate-30th-wedding-anniversary-15455975/
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

TV news items that don't need their own threads - Page 5 Empty Re: TV news items that don't need their own threads

Post by Butterfield Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:24 am

gasp

Sir Trevor McDonald has been confirmed as the new GamesMaster.

The classic gaming show will be returning later this year on E4 and there's already been months of speculation as to who would take on the persona once played by Sir Patrick Moore.

"I am delighted to be taking on this iconic role for a new generation of viewers," said McDonald.
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-10-25-sir-trevor-mcdonald-is-the-gamesmaster
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:09 am

Butterfield wrote:

TV news items that don't need their own threads - Page 5 Blinddatewedding-079a-rotated

Cilla felt a bit chilly in the car on the way to the wedding, poor thing, and wrapped herself in an old rug that was on the back seat.

http://shallowlikeus.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:25 pm

Neighbours in crisis!! llama

Neighbours needs good friends to survive after UK network axes iconic soap

Network Ten determined to find new backer after Channel 5 announces it will stop airing the show in August

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2022/feb/06/neighbours-needs-good-friends-to-survive-after-uk-network-axes-iconic-soap

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:15 pm

bawl

Admin

https://hallofthewendigo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:48 am

I wonder why Channel 5 are choosing to drop Neighbours but not Home and Away. I'd have thought Neighbours carried the more legendary status in the UK; though I think Home and Away is more popular in Australia.

Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Sat Feb 12, 2022 3:19 pm

Futurama might be coming back!!!!

Without the guy who voices Bender.

I liked the first 4 seasons. They were good, At the time. 20 years ago.
SiberianPrincess’sMidriff
SiberianPrincess’sMidriff

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:02 pm

I remember excitedly watching the first Futurama episode when it was shown (on Channel 4?) and found it boring. I haven't watched it since.
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:16 am

I always wish I could find Futurama funnier.

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:02 am

The sexualisation of the female characters in the later series was so blatant even I noticed.

TV news items that don't need their own threads - Page 5 Bender_amy

shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Sun Feb 13, 2022 1:39 pm

That is basically Homer Simpson in cosplay doing naughty things with an adult Lisa Simpson.

Couldn't they have progressed with their animation at least?!
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Tue May 24, 2022 1:52 am

siren

Challenge Anneka returns to British TV screens 30 years after it was first aired

TV presenter and broadcaster Anneka Rice, 63, will don her lycra jumpsuit and grab her brick-line mobile phone once again for a new Channel 5 four-part series that will highlight everyday heroes and deserving communities at a time when they are in need of help.
https://www.itv.com/news/2022-05-23/challenge-anneka-returns-to-british-tv-screens-30-after-it-was-first-aired
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Tue May 24, 2022 10:26 am

Who cares about Challenge Anneka? We want Treasure Hunt!!! And only with Kenneth Kendall.

shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Tue May 24, 2022 1:19 pm

SiberianPrincess’sMidriff wrote:Who cares about Challenge Anneka? We want Treasure Hunt!!! And only with Kenneth Kendall.

shifty

I absolutely agree! And so is Wincey Willis.
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Tue Aug 02, 2022 4:45 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2022/aug/02/storylines-were-getting-crazier-mock-the-week-to-end-after-17-years

Good. Colbert

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:05 pm

'Everyday heroes and deserving communities' are surely words to strike terminal boredom into the hearts of television viewers nationwide.

I mean, I bought a packet of chocolate chip biscuits for the Big Issue seller outside M&S last Christmas, but you don't see me painting myself as a community hero to get my house done up for free by a television programme.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:14 pm

Fangirl Three wrote:
Butterfield wrote:

Cilla felt a bit chilly in the car on the way to the wedding, poor thing, and wrapped herself in an old rug that was on the back seat.

I actually think she looks quite nice there, and her legs look great. Apparently she was very proud of them, and I could never understand why - big knees and no definition on the calves. However, from that angle, I am willing to admit they look very good.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:47 am

I was quite surprised to read that I posted that remark, it's not the sort of thing I normally say at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:36 am

You spoke truth though, innit.

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:51 am

Fangirl Three wrote:I always wish I could find Futurama funnier.

Fangirl Three wrote:I was quite surprised to read that I posted that remark, it's not the sort of thing I normally say at all.

Worse than Robo-Nixon.

TV news items that don't need their own threads - Page 5 300px-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next