The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread.

5 posters

Page 11 of 50 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 30 ... 50  Next

Go down

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. - Page 11 Empty Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread.

Post by Guest Sat May 04, 2019 8:22 pm

"Harlequin"

Wonder if Marillion have heard this one?

Back to top Go down

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. - Page 11 Empty Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread.

Post by Guest Sat May 04, 2019 8:23 pm

I am the harlequin - diamonded costume dripping shades of green

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Sat May 04, 2019 8:23 pm

I wonder if Macca's longer songs count as Prog?

Rinse the Raindrops might. It mentions birds of paradise. That sounds like a Prog thing to do.

Despite Repeated Warnings might. It has lots of different bits to it.

Admin

https://hallofthewendigo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 04, 2019 8:24 pm

Last one!

"The Fountain of Salmacis"

Oh, this is the result of a private eduction isn't it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 04, 2019 8:26 pm

The Call of the Wendigo wrote:I wonder if Macca's longer songs count as Prog?

Rinse the Raindrops might. It mentions birds of paradise. That sounds like a Prog thing to do.

Despite Repeated Warnings might. It has lots of different bits to it.

Band on the Run?

evil2

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Sat May 04, 2019 8:26 pm

It sounds like it's about to end.

I think it might be a false ending. dontpanic

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Sat May 04, 2019 8:26 pm

I think he's just making the words up as he goes along, again.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 04, 2019 8:27 pm

Panning of keyboard... bass solo.....

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Sat May 04, 2019 8:28 pm

It's ended. joy

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 04, 2019 8:28 pm

Of course this is quite short at 39:30 minutes.

shifty

Maybe we should do the 94 minute double concept album The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway next?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 04, 2019 8:30 pm

This is a complete rip of Marillion's Grendel!

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Sat May 04, 2019 8:31 pm

I preferred that to the Barclay James Harvest album because it had more welly and Peter Gabriel has more vocal character than whoever was singing on the BJH album.

That doesn't mean it's my bag though. Everything meandered around too much for my liking and I didn't hear a lot of self-revelation going on.

Now to look back at the thread and see what everyone else made of it. Excited

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 04, 2019 8:31 pm

Plodding augmented fourths or whatever that prog chord is...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 04, 2019 8:33 pm

And it's over. Now to look back and see whatever everyone else made of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 04, 2019 8:34 pm

The Call of the Wendigo wrote:

That doesn't mean it's my bag though. Everything meandered around too much for my liking and I didn't hear a lot of self-revelation going on.

That was their first album, ha ha no

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 04, 2019 8:34 pm

Can we do something disco next time?

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Sat May 04, 2019 8:41 pm

Prog Disco? Excited

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Sat May 04, 2019 8:41 pm

shifty

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 04, 2019 8:44 pm

dance

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 04, 2019 8:44 pm

thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 50 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 30 ... 50  Next