The positively jumping Leap Day thread!

4 posters

Go down

The positively jumping Leap Day thread! Empty The positively jumping Leap Day thread!

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Thu 29 Feb 2024 - 16:50

I've just realised it's the 29th of February today. As that only happens every four years, I feel that's an event that deserves a thread of its own.

And here it is. cheer

Admin

https://hallofthewendigo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The positively jumping Leap Day thread! Empty Re: The positively jumping Leap Day thread!

Post by Nightjar Thu 29 Feb 2024 - 17:33

That means that my Grandpa died 4 years ago today. sad yes

Back to top Go down

The positively jumping Leap Day thread! Empty Re: The positively jumping Leap Day thread!

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Thu 29 Feb 2024 - 17:54

bawl

Admin

https://hallofthewendigo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Fri 1 Mar 2024 - 2:37

What did everyone do with their extra day?

I’m sorry about that NJ, it never gets better.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Fri 1 Mar 2024 - 6:29

I spent 2 hours fixing issues with my daily scripts that extract information about the current day of the year from various diaries and journals, for onward posting in my blogs.

One failed because it was looking for Feb 29 2017. The other got upset because the weekdays would be out of sync today in 1973 and 1979, whereas they were fine on Wednesday.

http://shallowlikeus.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Fri 1 Mar 2024 - 6:53

That is like a mathematical puzzle I can’t envisage. I’d have to be talked through each year of 1972 to 2018, while they were laid out in front of me on side by side charts to have a chance.

I didn’t mark the day because I thought it was March 1st - the previous evening I noticed my online diary announcing St David’s Day on 1st March, saw that it was after 11pm on the 28th, and therefore assumed that there was less than an hour before Wales exploded into celebration.

It was only during last nights news that I realised - there was someone on who’s campaigning to have the leap day moved so we can enjoy a warm June 31st.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down