The magnificent operating system thread

4 posters

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

The magnificent operating system thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The magnificent operating system thread

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:19 pm

Now back to using Linux XFCE and using it with the Chromium browser. This is very very very fast and smooth. Excited

Admin

https://hallofthewendigo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The magnificent operating system thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The magnificent operating system thread

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:37 pm

Earlier today, I couldn't log onto my laptop because its Linux partition was full. I had to type a load of gobbledook into my Terminal and then delete a load of non-essential gubbins in order to get back into it. llama

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:31 pm

I've been doing something similar because I can't seem to get the resizing to make the Windows 10 Partition work.

yes, even
sudo tmutil thinlocalsnapshots / 999999999999

:(

I think I'd need to reformat the whole drive, split the drive/install Bootcamp and Windows 10 then restore everything from the backups.

Hawh, ain't doing it.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:00 pm

Do you have GParted?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:11 pm

No, it's just the way my trousers are… No. I can't partition it with Disc Utility either, says something about overallocation. Or something. I have googled it. Nowt seems to be working. hmm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:44 pm

type

I shall now try Virtual Box....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:55 pm

The magnificent operating system thread - Page 4 Scree160

scared

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:21 pm

Windows 10 has now forced me to create an account, has demanded I give it my nationality and date of birth, and I've had to create 2 passwords, and has nagged me to join up to their services and give them all my data so they can cater their ads...

The magnificent operating system thread - Page 4 Scree161

They really are a terrible company.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:58 pm

The magnificent operating system thread - Page 4 Scree162

At least 3 different design aesthetics, I'm kinda impressed that renaming the computer hasn't changed since Windows NT4.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:31 pm

scared

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:39 pm

scared

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:38 am

WhatDoesThisButtonDo? wrote:

I think I'd need to reformat the whole drive, split the drive/install Bootcamp and Windows 10 then restore everything from the backups.

Hawh, ain't doing it.

I Dunn it.

I've got windows working I'm going to do a full fresh install of Catalina ( scared ) and copy everything back.

I can't see how anything will go wrong/missing.

I played. Through the remade Monkey island one last time, and my other games that are 32bit I can play on windows, hopefully.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:59 am

The Call of the Wendigo wrote:

scared

Actually half those settings are set off by default on a new build of Windows 10.

scared Does this mean M$ are becoming self-aware? :RobotDeathMachine: bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:47 pm

Well, this has been eventful.

Apparently one of the updates to Catalonia split my fusion drive, which meant I had to stick it back together, before the Windows install will work.

So I had to do it again. Hopefully it will work this time.

hmm

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:07 pm

WhatDoesThisButtonDo? wrote:...split my fusion drive.
The magnificent operating system thread - Page 4 B0oIeRW

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:06 am

The Call of the Wendigo wrote:

scared

Actually half those settings are set off by default on a new build of Windows 10.

Well, I say by default it actually asks you about them when it's installing and obviously I turned everything to 'no, go away and don't bother me'. It was such an instinctive thing I kinda forgot I did it.

Anyway, everything seems to be working fine, Windows 10 doesn't seem to mind it's not registered, Demon

Except I can't seem to be able to log onto another brand forum.

The magnificent operating system thread - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSlNYAeC4Z9HL3mVyaG-tbgmXbB3HDifbkpmFE0CCIedjYcj6i-&s

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:13 am

I played through the remade The Secret of Monkey Island one last time, and my other games that are 32bit I can play on windows, hopefully.

I'm not sure I liked the updated graphic style, and the music was better on the Amiga Version. Colbert

The magnificent operating system thread - Page 4 Scree163

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:26 pm

type

I can get on 'other brand forum'!!!!!

type

creep

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:28 pm

banana

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:58 pm

You know how I was saying I was trying to get an old Laptop stylé computer to dual boot into Windows XP? Well, I've changed the hard drive to a cheap slow spinny one (faster than the old one) that's 6.25 times bigger and I've put Windows 7 on it!

It takes 2 days to do all the updates! And that's after I've manually downloaded the patches that needed to patched for the updates to work.

The magnificent operating system thread - Page 4 346d7110

Windows update at work, oh no

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next