Llama Award for best album covered in the running album Commentary this year :llama:

4 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Hang on, as I've done the list:

Llama Award for best album covered in the running album Commentary this year :llama: - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Llama Award for best album covered in the running album Commentary this year :llama: - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Llama Award for best album covered in the running album Commentary this year :llama: - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Llama Award for best album covered in the running album Commentary this year :llama: - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Llama Award for best album covered in the running album Commentary this year :llama: - Page 2 I_vote_lcap33%Llama Award for best album covered in the running album Commentary this year :llama: - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 33% 
[ 2 ]
Llama Award for best album covered in the running album Commentary this year :llama: - Page 2 I_vote_lcap33%Llama Award for best album covered in the running album Commentary this year :llama: - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 33% 
[ 2 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Llama Award for best album covered in the running album Commentary this year :llama: - Page 2 I_vote_lcap17%Llama Award for best album covered in the running album Commentary this year :llama: - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 17% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Llama Award for best album covered in the running album Commentary this year :llama: - Page 2 I_vote_lcap17%Llama Award for best album covered in the running album Commentary this year :llama: - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 17% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 6

Llama Award for best album covered in the running album Commentary this year :llama: - Page 2 Empty Re: Llama Award for best album covered in the running album Commentary this year :llama:

Post by Nightjar Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:28 pm

Back to top Go down

Llama Award for best album covered in the running album Commentary this year :llama: - Page 2 Empty Re: Llama Award for best album covered in the running album Commentary this year :llama:

Post by Guest Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:34 pm

Nightjar wrote:That said, Vivian Stanshall's Men Opening Umbrellas Ahead was great fun.

That was a good one. yes

I was most surprised at how good the first 4 Kim Wilde albums were. yes

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:41 pm

One of them got the joint second highest combined score.

It's amazing how The Pretty Things' S.F. Sorrow have remained the only unblemished score throughout though.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:44 pm

Looking at the thread list, these are the ones I remember enjoying:

Paul McCartney - McCartney III (Dec 11, 2020)
Miley Cyrus - SHE IS: MILEY CYRUS (TBA)
Hot Chocolate - Every 1's a Winner (1978)
Supertramp - Breakfast in America, 1979.
Maria McKee - La Vita Nuova.
Wings - Band on the Run
Junior Senior - D-D-Don't Don't Stop the Beat (2002ish)
Lena Lovich - Stateless (1978)
Voice of the Beehive - Let It Bee (1988).
X-Ray Spex ‎– Germfree Adolescents (1978)
The Primitives - Lovely (1988).
Lukas Graham - Lukas Graham (2015).
Wings - Back to the Egg (1979)
John Lennon & Yoko Ono ‎– Double Fantasy Stripped Down (1980/2010)
Paolo Nutini - Caustic Love (2015).
Wings - Venus and Mars (1975)
McCartney ‎– McCartney (1970)
Paul & Linda McCartney - Ram
David Essex - Rock On (1973).
Slade - Slade in Flame (1974).
Starsailor - Love Is Here (2001).
Cliff! - Rock 'n' Roll Juvenile (1979).
ELO - A New World Record (1976).
Fox - Fox (1975).
Shampoo - We Are Shampoo (1994).
Boney M - Nightflight to Venus (1978).
Slade - Slayed? (1972).
Cockney Rebel - The Psychomodo (1974).
Paul McCartney - Egypt Station (2018) End of Lockdown Special!
Supertramp - Crime of the Century (1974)
The Beatles - Let It Be Naked (1970/2003).
ABBA - The Visitors (1981).
The Pierces - You & I (2011).
The Ruen Brothers - All My Shades of Blue (2018).
Crowded House - Woodface (1991).
ELO - Time (1981).
The B-52's - Cosmic Thing (1989).
Kim Wilde - Select (1982).
P.M. Dawn - Of the Heart, of the Soul and of the Cross: The Utopian Experience (1991)
Kim Wilde - Kim Wilde (1981).
Dire Straits - Making Movies (1980).
Dire Straits - Love Over Gold (1982)
Shakespears Sister - Hormonally Yours, 1992.
Elvis Costello - Imperial Bedroom, 1982.
The Kills - Blood Pressures (2011)
Paul McCartney - Flaming Pie (1997)
Paul McCartney - Driving Rain, 2001.
El Camino - The Black Keys, 2011.
Sophie B Hawkins - Tongues and Tails - 1992
Life is Sweet - Maria McKee
Badfinger - Wish You Were Here (1974)
Maria McKee - You Gotta Sin to Get Saved (only 40 minutes long!)
Nick Lowe - Jesus of Cool (1978)

Admin

https://hallofthewendigo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:47 pm

You gave The Pretty Things ★★★★★. Sly

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:49 pm

Guest‎‎‏‏‎ ‎ wrote:
Nightjar wrote:That said, Vivian Stanshall's Men Opening Umbrellas Ahead was great fun.

That was a good one. yes

I think that we did Lena Lovich at 7pm and Viv at 8:30pm.

I think that that was best double bill evening I can recall.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:50 pm

Nightjar wrote:You gave The Pretty Things ★★★★★. Sly
I don't remember it. shifty

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:54 pm

That was a good album, wasn't it last year (2019) we did it?

type

Apparently not. My sense of time has gone this year. For some reason.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:01 pm

Of the albums we've done, so far, this year, I would say my favourite has been Gretchen Peters' Blackbirds.

https://hallofthewendigo.forumotion.com/t2068-gretchen-peters-blackbirds-2015?highlight=Gretchen+peters

Can anything displace it at the last moment? scared

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:56 am

Bronski Beat or Zoolook by Jean-Michel Jarre for me. yes
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:46 pm

The Call of the Wendigo wrote:Of the albums we've done, so far, this year, I would say my favourite has been Gretchen Peters' Blackbirds.

https://hallofthewendigo.forumotion.com/t2068-gretchen-peters-blackbirds-2015?highlight=Gretchen+peters

I've now gone through the list, and these are the other albums I remember liking this year.

Electric Light Orchestra - On the Third Day.

Shivaree - I Oughtta Give You a Shot in the Head for Making Me Live in This Dump.

The Motors - Approved by the Motors.

Voice of the Beehive - Honey Lingers.

ABC - The Lexicon of Love.

City Boy - Book Early.

Fuzzbox - Big Bang!

Kristin Hersh - Hips and Makers.

ELO - Discovery .

DMA's - Hills End.

Hot Chocolate - Every 1's a Winner.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:59 pm

Oh, yeah.

I'm going for the Low one. The one with all the grindy guitars and all that.
SiberianPrincess’sMidriff

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:00 pm

I've changed my mind, The Wickerman soundtrack one.

yes

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:16 pm

I have checked through the list and these are the albums that I remember most enjoying:

Fuzzbox - Bostin' Steve Austin.

The Cars - The Cars.

Jeannie C Riley - Harper Valley PTA.

Scissor Sisters - Ta-Dah!

Stereo MC's - Connected.

Aqua - Aquarium.

Slade - Old, New, Borrowed and Blue.

Human League - Dare.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:18 pm

I shall give my vote to the Stereo MC's' Connected.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:21 pm

You - also, I - differ, in opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:22 pm

I'm voting Pros & Cons again. box

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:09 am

Well, I didn't see that one coming.

Spoiler:

rock

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:03 am

I've taken a look back.

We did ten pages worth of albums, last year.

I'm not sure I remember any of them.

shifty

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:04 am

I'm looking at the albums we did in January.

The ones I can remember, I can't believe we did them so long ago. dontpanic

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next