Fangirl Three
The Call of the Wendigo
Helium
Nightjar
cosmictanya
12 posters

Page 23 of 50 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 36 ... 50  Next

Go down

What's happening in your life? Part 2 - Page 23 Empty Re: What's happening in your life? Part 2

Post by cosmictanya Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:17 pm

She's been a complete disgrace this evening. I didn't realise she was already that drunk when she arrived. She'll be staggering around a side street shouting abuse at anyone daring to look out of their window.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

What's happening in your life? Part 2 - Page 23 Empty Re: What's happening in your life? Part 2

Post by Nightjar Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:17 pm

This is actual CCTV footage from Egerton Gardens taken earlier. sad yes

What's happening in your life? Part 2 - Page 23 ZzgEoNE

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:24 pm

Fangirl Three wrote:My family tree features people who were namechecked in a famous diary, the stationmaster at Llandrindod Wells, some people who may or may not have been gypsies, and a man who came home to find that his dad had borrowed his new suit without permission, and was so irked that he left the family home that very day and never spoke to any of his relatives again.

People are so odd. Wales does seem to feature heavily in these accounts. When the last census was released, a friend of mine discovered three mysterious 'uncles' in her grandparents house in a Welsh village. That led to distant cousins online recalling that this ménage a trois all shared a single bed in the attic - for decades. Not one of these people so much as organized a whip round to get an extra bed or even an upgrade to a double for these 'uncles' - that was my question. What a bunch of absolute tightwads.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:28 pm

Nightjar wrote:This is actual CCTV footage from Egerton Gardens taken earlier. sad yes

What's happening in your life? Part 2 - Page 23 ZzgEoNE

I might have to go and look for her. Normally by now she'd have rung someone else, and she hasn't. I've been downstairs again, and the streets are eerily silent. I bought her a box of baby blue delphiniums as a gift, and she didn't even deign to look at them, let alone bother to take them.

'Take your f***ing delphiniums and shove them up your f***ing c**t' may not be a traditional Mother's Day sentiment, but it was heartfelt. To not even take them.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:33 pm

Unfortunately I concur.

Sometimes you have to swallow your rage and disgust and face the fact that it's you who have to be the adult.

Of course, if you actually locate her it'll all kick off again (unless she goes all limp and maudlin).

Where do think she's likely to go?

A pub or bar?

Somewhere between K-Bridge and her place?

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:38 pm

I'd suggest calling the police, y'know, so that a patrol car could keep an eye out for her, but, y'know, like, confidence in the police isn't really at an all time high at the moment.

They'd probably pepper spray/taser/suffocate/kill and burn her body in a wood in Kent.

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:43 pm

She could be anywhere. She was right in that sour spot between hysterical tears and snarling fury. I'm half wondering whether I should call the police - she is 66 and absolutely wasted. She could do some defensive damage but there's no way she'd be able to ignore a random someone who should be ignored.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:46 pm

Did I tell you she hitched a lift/jumped a few ticket barriers to get to the coast one evening? The RNLI had to go out to search.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:49 pm

Who does she normally call in these circumstances?

Might be good to check in with them - give them a heads up.

Even if there's animosity between you and them I reckon - all part of being the adult.

I know it sticks in the craw more than just a bit to have to deal with your Mum like she's an out-of-control adolescent, but it'd be the bigger, more noble thing to do.

Hope it works out with little or no negative upshot in any event.

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:55 pm

She's answered. Maudlin, tearful, and regretful - wants to be left alone. That'll have to do for now, I'm sorry to say she's worn me out tonight.

At one stage she was even randomly screaming that I was exactly the sort of c*** who'd drummed poor Piers Morgan out of his job.

Thankfully the schools are in chaos, because he's actually a fellow parent - I wouldn't put it past her to stagger along to say hello.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:04 pm

cosmictanya wrote:She's answered. Maudlin, tearful, and regretful - wants to be left alone.

I knew it. smug

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:05 pm

Nightjar wrote:Who does she normally call in these circumstances?

Might be good to check in with them - give them a heads up.

Even if there's animosity between you and them I reckon - all part of being the adult.

I know it sticks in the craw more than just a bit to have to deal with your Mum like she's an out-of-control adolescent, but it'd be the bigger, more noble thing to do.

Hope it works out with little or no negative upshot in any event.

Her brother, my brother, her ex in laws, my ex in laws - there's no telling. She's buzzed all the places here before just to chat with whoever answers. Someone over the road had a housekeeper and a teenager she started drinking with, having met them that way. There was a Monsignor she met in the street, so she took up with him for a while.

It's anybody really. When she arrived earlier she said she'd been shamed out of the park for pouring some of her wine on some frogs. Someone's kid was upset, after a frog was left gasping for air on its back. She hasn't been this out of control for about a year. So far, she's had a decent pandemic, and has had her first Pfizer vaccine.

How's the house? Did it all go off as expected?
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:09 pm

It's not gone off at all. Colbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:14 pm

I bleach all surfaces every half hour.

Rim shot

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:27 pm

She has a couple of very unsuitable friends. An alcoholic couple who do nothing but drink - I've never seen either of them sober. That pair of halfwits spent all their money taking all the regulars at their favourite pub to Ibiza.

An alcoholic ex stewardess who was fired for impersonating a Filipino passenger. I've never known her to be sober either. That one had her boyfriends ashes incorporated into a custom made dildo.

One who is a spiritualist, who she brought to my grandmothers deathbed - we had to watch this 20 stone con artist in tie dye cleanse the room to invite the ghosts of what she described as a crowd of DDay ballroom dancers in...

It came as no surprise that this particular one 'borrowed' £3k to pay off some gambling debts, and never gave it back. I offered to sort her out myself, which resulted in convenient selective amnesia as to exactly what her surname and address was.

A motley crew make up the rest of her usual crowd - and that's all after a major clear out of the really mad and bad ones.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:29 pm

Nightjar wrote:It's not gone off at all. Colbert

Oh, God. If you've already typed it here, just link so you don't gave to go through describing it all again. The last I knew it was a good price, and a sad chapter was coming to a surprisingly gentle close.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:52 pm

In all this chaos, I've somehow gone through five packets of Red Leicester Mini Cheddars, a good third of a family sized lemon drizzle sponge, an entire bottle of my sons Granini pear juice, and two cigarettes.

He's been in his room, oblivious to all this, due to a pair of headphones turned up far higher than agreed.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:56 pm

It was a joke.

I do not own my property.

I could buy it however.

I never would though.

It's social housing stock.

F*ck Maggie Thatchler.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:04 pm

The Call of the Wendigo wrote:I have now traced my ancestry back to a publican in 1821.
He and his wife had a 10-year-old house servant. Sly

Admin

https://hallofthewendigo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zarniwoop Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:18 pm

Apart from the ejection seat lark and some of the flying I am actually qualified to do this job!
Edwards Air Force base Photographer
https://arcataassoc.isolvedhire.com/jobs/239032.html?fbclid=IwAR1qNLVV1kbqFqOcar08Kb1zyPeBfYOiWBSNexGgSwkq32_xjb_EMPmma80
Zarniwoop
Zarniwoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 50 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 36 ... 50  Next