The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 23 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum in which all human experience resides. Especially for fans of the now-deceased original Hall of the Wendigo. Still Number One with the core demographic.

HomePortalSearchView new postsThe Hall of the Wendigo Emergency BlogRegisterLog in

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 30 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
Butterfield

Butterfield

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 23 EmptySat May 28, 2022 7:56 pm

I'm considering "raiding my older brother's record collection from the 80s and 90s" via YouTube and offering up some album running commentaries to see what I might like of his that I never would have considered listening to 30+ years ago and still wouldn't admit to him to wanting to listen to. His music has always been the antithesis of mine; ie. straight, white, male; typically born-in-the-70s blokeish.

Anyone fancy a Cardiacs album?

Toto IV?

Jellyfish?

You did a Robyn Hitchcock album last year. Colbert

Freiheit?

Aimee Mann? (his token female artist, as so oft pointed out by me)

Divine? The Divine Comedy?

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 23 EmptySat May 28, 2022 8:01 pm

I've got Aimee Mann's Whatever album. Excited

The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 23 EmptySat May 28, 2022 8:01 pm

But it's 52 minutes long. bawl

The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 23 EmptySat May 28, 2022 8:02 pm

I'd be up for Freiheit. Excited

SiberianPrincess’sMidriff

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 23 EmptySat May 28, 2022 8:05 pm

Butterfield wrote:
I'm considering "raiding my older brother's record collection from the 80s and 90s" via YouTube and offering up some album running commentaries to see what I might like of his that I never would have considered listening to 30+ years ago and still wouldn't admit to him to wanting to listen to. His music has always been the antithesis of mine; ie. straight, white, male; typically born-in-the-70s blokeish.

Colbert

Butterfield

Butterfield

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 23 EmptySat May 28, 2022 8:06 pm

The Call of the Wendigo wrote:

Is that the one where she's lying down on the front cover? I think that's the one he had/has!
Back to top Go down
Butterfield

Butterfield

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 23 EmptySat May 28, 2022 8:08 pm

SiberianPrincess’sMidriff wrote:
Butterfield wrote:

Colbert

But what you straight, white, male; typically born-in-the-70s blokeish people don't understand is that's what some us have always aspired to be. master

And the ones born in 1969.
Back to top Go down
The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 23 EmptySat May 28, 2022 8:08 pm

Butterfield wrote:

Is that the one where she's lying down on the front cover? I think that's the one he had/has!
It is.

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 23 EmptySat May 28, 2022 8:36 pm

I'd be up for Freiheit. Excited

Wot, cos they had a hit that sounded like the Beatles? Colbert

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 23 EmptySat May 28, 2022 8:39 pm

I'm running a bit cold on that suggestion.

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 23 EmptyWed Jun 15, 2022 9:19 pm

I'd like to do the big hit Missy Elliott LP "Miss E... So Addictive" but it's 57+ minutes long. bawl

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 23 EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 8:58 pm

Did we do a Landscape album on the old forum?

I seem to have a vague recollection...

The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 23 EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 9:05 pm

We might have. I'm not sure.

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 23 EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 11:53 pm

The famous one? Possibly?

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 23 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2022 12:01 am

I was thinking of doing Pink Floyd's The Wall.

But the Roger Waters 1990 version with Van Morrison singing Comfortably Numb.

evil2

Tee Hee Sinéad O'Connor singing the woman hating 'Mother.' A quite common theme on that album in retrospect.

Butterfield

Butterfield

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 23 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2022 12:35 pm

Does anyone want to do Sparklehorse's *copy/paste* Vivadixiesubmarinetransmissionplot (1995)? I know I'll hate it but its front cover has intrigued me for 27 years.

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 23 Vivadixiesubmarinetransmissionplot

If so I'll create a thread; if not then I won't.
Back to top Go down
Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 23 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2022 1:25 pm

woteva

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 23 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2022 3:06 pm

Yes. Excited

The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 23 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2022 4:38 pm

I do. I think it has Homecoming Queen on it. The most miserable and depressing song of all time. Excited

Butterfield

Butterfield

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 23 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2022 4:47 pm

Sparklehorse on its way. bananaspin

When I can be bothered.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 23 Empty

Back to top Go down

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!
Page 23 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 30 ... 38  Next