The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 23 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!

5 posters

Page 23 of 38 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 30 ... 38  Next

Go down

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 23 Empty Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!

Post by Butterfield Sat May 28, 2022 7:56 pm

I'm considering "raiding my older brother's record collection from the 80s and 90s" via YouTube and offering up some album running commentaries to see what I might like of his that I never would have considered listening to 30+ years ago and still wouldn't admit to him to wanting to listen to. His music has always been the antithesis of mine; ie. straight, white, male; typically born-in-the-70s blokeish.

Anyone fancy a Cardiacs album?

Toto IV?

Jellyfish?

You did a Robyn Hitchcock album last year. Colbert

Freiheit?

Aimee Mann? (his token female artist, as so oft pointed out by me)

Divine? The Divine Comedy?

Spoiler:
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 23 Empty Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Sat May 28, 2022 8:01 pm

I've got Aimee Mann's Whatever album. Excited

Admin

https://hallofthewendigo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Sat May 28, 2022 8:01 pm

But it's 52 minutes long. bawl

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Sat May 28, 2022 8:02 pm

I'd be up for Freiheit. Excited

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Sat May 28, 2022 8:05 pm

Butterfield wrote:I'm considering "raiding my older brother's record collection from the 80s and 90s" via YouTube and offering up some album running commentaries to see what I might like of his that I never would have considered listening to 30+ years ago and still wouldn't admit to him to wanting to listen to. His music has always been the antithesis of mine; ie. straight, white, male; typically born-in-the-70s blokeish.

Colbert

SiberianPrincess’sMidriff

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Sat May 28, 2022 8:06 pm

The Call of the Wendigo wrote:I've got Aimee Mann's Whatever album. Excited

Is that the one where she's lying down on the front cover? I think that's the one he had/has!
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Sat May 28, 2022 8:08 pm

SiberianPrincess’sMidriff wrote:
Butterfield wrote:I'm considering "raiding my older brother's record collection from the 80s and 90s" via YouTube and offering up some album running commentaries to see what I might like of his that I never would have considered listening to 30+ years ago and still wouldn't admit to him to wanting to listen to. His music has always been the antithesis of mine; ie. straight, white, male; typically born-in-the-70s blokeish.

Colbert

But what you straight, white, male; typically born-in-the-70s blokeish people don't understand is that's what some us have always aspired to be. master

And the ones born in 1969.
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Sat May 28, 2022 8:08 pm

Butterfield wrote:
The Call of the Wendigo wrote:I've got Aimee Mann's Whatever album. Excited

Is that the one where she's lying down on the front cover? I think that's the one he had/has!
It is.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sat May 28, 2022 8:36 pm

The Call of the Wendigo wrote:I'd be up for Freiheit. Excited

Wot, cos they had a hit that sounded like the Beatles? Colbert

Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Sat May 28, 2022 8:39 pm

I'm running a bit cold on that suggestion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:19 pm

I'd like to do the big hit Missy Elliott LP "Miss E... So Addictive" but it's 57+ minutes long. bawl

Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:58 pm

Did we do a Landscape album on the old forum?

I seem to have a vague recollection...

Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:05 pm

We might have. I'm not sure.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:53 pm

The famous one? Possibly?

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:01 am

I was thinking of doing Pink Floyd's The Wall.

But the Roger Waters 1990 version with Van Morrison singing Comfortably Numb.

evil2

Tee Hee Sinéad O'Connor singing the woman hating 'Mother.' A quite common theme on that album in retrospect.

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:35 pm

Does anyone want to do Sparklehorse's *copy/paste* Vivadixiesubmarinetransmissionplot (1995)? I know I'll hate it but its front cover has intrigued me for 27 years.

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 23 Vivadixiesubmarinetransmissionplot

If so I'll create a thread; if not then I won't.
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:25 pm

woteva

Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:06 pm

Yes. Excited

Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:38 pm

I do. I think it has Homecoming Queen on it. The most miserable and depressing song of all time. Excited

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:47 pm

Sparklehorse on its way. bananaspin

When I can be bothered.
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 38 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 30 ... 38  Next