The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!

5 posters

Page 31 of 37 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 37  Next

Go down

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 31 Empty Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Wed 22 Feb 2023 - 9:31

So did I shifty

Back to top Go down

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 31 Empty Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!

Post by Nightjar Wed 22 Feb 2023 - 20:37

OK, let me get this straight. stare

What I'm proposing are relatively short (no more than 20 minutes) playlists of songs that don't quite fit into the exact long-player record format, but are, in your humble opinion, worthy of a consensus opinion.

Examples include:

- Songs by artists that never got released on anything other than compilations (i.e. they were the one song ever released by that artist, although they might've been influential songwriters, musicians or producers).

- Songs by artists who's discography and general output is dreadful and/or unacceptable, but where there's this one song that's potentially worthy of attention.

- Songs from unbelievably dreadful/absurdly overlong albums (ones we couldn't realistically force our fellow Wendigans to endure) that nonetheless have a lone song (or two) on that's decent.

- Songs by very obscure artists from obscure compilations (garage-psych, Krautrock, Industrial, Afro-funk etc) who just don't have any kind of substantial 'canon' of material.

There are more examples, but I can't think of them right now.

Really, the idea is to corral errant, lost or faintly unclassifiable songs into nicely/weirdly little mini-playlists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Wed 22 Feb 2023 - 20:39

I shall create a playlist shortly to illustrate.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Wed 22 Feb 2023 - 20:45

Basically, taking an album that you think is a bit rubbish, but what has several (IYHO) decent songs on and perhaps needs violently pruning so you can cherry/prune-pick them are absolutely ruled out.

Basically, if an album has more than one (subjectively) good song on it then it has to be put into the proper Colosseum to engage in violent violence.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Wed 22 Feb 2023 - 20:57

Another criteria is:

- stuff that's really good from albums that other Wendigans would find upsetting and dreadful from a moral perspective.

i.e. certain hip-hop groups, certain Industrial groups, Derek & Clive, certain Cliff albums...

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Wed 22 Feb 2023 - 21:07

And...

- Bands and performers who we've (seemingly) already done everything by, but where's this one song.

Oh, just this last little one...

Pretty please.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Wed 22 Feb 2023 - 21:11

- Songs from unbelievably dreadful/absurdly overlong albums (ones we couldn't realistically force our fellow Wendigans to endure) that nonetheless have a lone song (or two) on that's decent.
I was going to launch a thread that did that, last night, but bottled it when you said I'd got the concept wrong.

I shall now tootle off and launch said thread.

Admin

https://hallofthewendigo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Wed 22 Feb 2023 - 21:15

Or are completely left of off the field.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Wed 22 Feb 2023 - 21:21

The Call of the Wendigo wrote:
I was going to launch a thread that did that, last night, but bottled it when you said I'd got the concept wrong.

I shall now tootle off and launch said thread.
I have now launched that thread.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sat 25 Feb 2023 - 20:01

We need to officially ascertain and then rubber stamp the way that these mini-playlists are marked.

You seem to have set a standard with your 3-choice option, so I will concur.

There should be three options and the text accompanying the marks can be up to the setter.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sat 25 Feb 2023 - 20:02

Just in case you missed it last time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sat 25 Feb 2023 - 20:14

Brix Smith has an album coming out.

It's produced by Youth.

I am watching Celebrity Pointless.

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Sat 4 Mar 2023 - 20:19

When it gets a bit warmer/lighter I'll be going down the gym in the evenings more. So I'll have to cut back a bit.

llama

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Sat 4 Mar 2023 - 21:36

dontpanic

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Tue 7 Mar 2023 - 19:53

Wendlets - could you please create a separate sub-forum for these mini playlists?

Not the EPs, just the other ones?

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Tue 7 Mar 2023 - 20:04

I can. yes

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Tue 7 Mar 2023 - 20:07

And I have.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Wed 8 Mar 2023 - 20:11

Did we ever do Captain Beyond - Captain Beyond (1972)?

It seems like we did.

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Thu 9 Mar 2023 - 0:10

We did that Captain Lockhead one, or something.

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Sat 1 Apr 2023 - 18:58

We haven't done a Coil alBum have we? Excited

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 37 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 37  Next