Post the first video YouTube recommends to you - Page 34 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Post the first video YouTube recommends to you

+5
Zarniwoop
Butterfield
Nightjar
Fangirl Three
The Call of the Wendigo
9 posters

Page 34 of 50 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 42 ... 50  Next

Go down

Post the first video YouTube recommends to you - Page 34 Empty Re: Post the first video YouTube recommends to you

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:21 pm

smug

SiberianPrincess’sMidriff

Back to top Go down

Post the first video YouTube recommends to you - Page 34 Empty Re: Post the first video YouTube recommends to you

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:57 pm

I saw that one, the other day. Dave Bennett Piano made a similar one, a bit back. I feel that both of them failed to prove their point.

Admin

https://hallofthewendigo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Fri Nov 04, 2022 6:05 pm

I'm not sure what the point was to be honest.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Fri Nov 04, 2022 6:21 pm

I think she was trying to argue that modern music isn't rubbish.

I think she and he both fell down through their inability to produce any examples of modern music that's actually good.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Fri Nov 04, 2022 6:28 pm

If I get time I shall go through it point by point. I didn't notice anything about how modern music does/doesn't suck.

But I probably won't.

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Fri Nov 04, 2022 6:56 pm

I'm in!

Definitions
Horrible made up one in 2010 or something.
Parody of Steve Hoffman forum
ME ME ME! I was the last generation to go to record shops and read the music press.
New Music has always been modernist and a drive towards something new. What all of them? Ska revival? Always hated by the previous generations? citation required.
*New Music dosn't remove all the old stuff. :ChinnyReken?:
Grunge killed Hair metal, have you not watched the repeats of Top of the Pops luv?
Old People say things were better in the old day. Ooh, are we going to get to the point?
That new word. With a dodgy historical anecdote that didn't happen.
Chart is bad chart has always been bad. Missing the point that charts don't matter any more. That's what's changed. Well I say changed, it's been what 15/20 years that they don't matter?
Records meant more to people in the past because they were 'rare' and people didn't have as much things to do in the past. Demonstrates this by showing TV adverts. TV that the generation before that didn't have, they only had the radio, and the generation before them didn't even have that, in fact every generation for the last couple of hundred years have had more things to do that the generation before them. Is there a point to this? I don't know.

I'm out, things to do! I'm up to 2:55

Maybe she'll get to the 'Why Music sucks' bit in the rest?

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Sat Nov 05, 2022 12:43 pm

Back in! Showing the things people had to distract them from the ONE TRUE ENTERTASINMET
Did people ever only have one album as a soundtrack to their lives? I mean really? hmm
Unlikely to be another band like Beatles Thank god! Doesn't say why.
Zeitgeist.
What about the tracks you never heard? Eh? There's an (near, and I'm not sure about that) infinite amount of things I've never heard/seen/experienced or could do.
Post album era. Album/Tour cycle is old fashioned, No citation given. Not sure if it's true. No argument given for assertion.
Old power of record industry was in controlling distribution, ie if it wasn't in the shops you could never hear it, well, I don't think that's what she means as she then goes on about how you could only afford to buy so much anyway.
Who could afford to be a crate digger? I don't think she knows what a crate digger is, they don't necessarily buy more, the just spend a long time looking for what they want.
You didn't have time to listen to so many records, how has that changed?
In the past who could afford to be a crate digger? Those people digging crates back in the day. And I've now said 'crate digger' so many times I've lost the meaning of the words.
My old ways of listening were narrow and closed minded. What an odd thing to say.
Now I have more options. 👏 and you can try them all. Wait a second, is this why new music is better?

I don't think so, it just means the new forms of distribution are better. Oh, onwards!

And it's democratic and what I just said about the distribution.

Touring is up. Hmm wonder why. The whole musicians not making as much money from the new distribution system is important, I wonder if she'll mention it again. hmm
Music in video games is 'more sophisticated' not really, in the olden days you had games for music than the new and never been done before, as no-one had used a C-64 SID chip to create music, now it's just MP3s slapped onto the radio on Grand Theft Auto. Choosen by the same companies who own both the music and gaming publishing companies.
List of games. All flawless combinations of Aural and visual art. Flawless? hmm
Games as a source of music discovery. blah blah
Only half the world is connected to internet. hmm
A.I. and Blockchain will usher in a new era of artists making the income they deserve. Which is just gibberish. AI will mean artists will get more income? Why?
There's going to be competition  from other mediums, but competition is a good thing. See above where it was a bad thing.
Artists have new way of speaking to people. Wait, is she going to mention new music now?
It's bizarre to see this animosity toward the younger generation. Why? you said at the start that was normal.
"I'm excited to take some responsibility in education all ages and genres and artists they wouldn't usually be exposed to."

Post the first video YouTube recommends to you - Page 34 Mqdefa12

Wait, I think I just missed, it,

And Gen Z they're knowledgeable, self-aware, social conscious and have instant access to all the information in the world…

Here it comes!

They're making some of the most formally inventive and experimental music of any generation They don't ned anyone permission and are only getting started and most are only working on their first record

hmm

We Haven't the had the Gen Z Sergent Pepper Equivalent, the one you told us would never happened again 3 minutes ago.

This is the Generation who amuse themselves by being highly creative. Example given: Minecraft.

New tools are making creating music simpler and more democratic and that can only be a good thing.
'Only be' really?

So give it a few years and I guarantee something seismic is coming

So there we have it, 'Why New Music Sucks', or rather don't is because we have the internets now and the children are the future.

Well, thanks Boomer.

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Sat Nov 05, 2022 12:58 pm

Well, anyway…

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:13 pm

The entire Beatles discography, but only when they sing about death.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:41 pm

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here I Vinyl Monday.

Her eyes always look like they're painted on her closed eyelids.

Until she blinks.

Last edited by The Call of the Wendigo on Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:43 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:55 am

cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:02 pm

cosmictanya wrote:

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:52 pm

Now I like London Mods, and I like Yorkshire Mods, but which is better?

There's only one way to find out!

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:44 am

Car filmed stalling in the infamous Nottinghamshire deep ford then goes on to crash into another vehicle as it's being towed out.

siren

Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:09 am

"They've got some watta to drink, anyway." happy

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:01 am

Almost made it!

http://shallowlikeus.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:26 pm

This is the Christmas show for 1974 That's Life! TV Series.

Oh Gawd, G*ry Gl*tter's just turned up.

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:06 pm

Youtube keeps recommending this to me killcomputer

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Sun Nov 20, 2022 2:24 pm

I think I'm living in the wrong decade.

Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 50 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 42 ... 50  Next