Jethro Tull - Crest of a Knave  (C*cked up tracklisting Mix) - Page 6 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Jethro Tull - Crest of a Knave (C*cked up tracklisting Mix)

3 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

How Much of an Idiot?

Jethro Tull - Crest of a Knave  (C*cked up tracklisting Mix) - Page 6 Vote_lcap0%Jethro Tull - Crest of a Knave  (C*cked up tracklisting Mix) - Page 6 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Jethro Tull - Crest of a Knave  (C*cked up tracklisting Mix) - Page 6 Vote_lcap0%Jethro Tull - Crest of a Knave  (C*cked up tracklisting Mix) - Page 6 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Jethro Tull - Crest of a Knave  (C*cked up tracklisting Mix) - Page 6 Vote_lcap67%Jethro Tull - Crest of a Knave  (C*cked up tracklisting Mix) - Page 6 Vote_rcap 67% 
[ 2 ]
Jethro Tull - Crest of a Knave  (C*cked up tracklisting Mix) - Page 6 Vote_lcap33%Jethro Tull - Crest of a Knave  (C*cked up tracklisting Mix) - Page 6 Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 3

Jethro Tull - Crest of a Knave  (C*cked up tracklisting Mix) - Page 6 Empty Re: Jethro Tull - Crest of a Knave (C*cked up tracklisting Mix)

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:33 pm

Crockett and Tubbs are back.

Admin

https://hallofthewendigo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Jethro Tull - Crest of a Knave  (C*cked up tracklisting Mix) - Page 6 Empty Re: Jethro Tull - Crest of a Knave (C*cked up tracklisting Mix)

Post by Nightjar Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:34 pm

SiberianPrincess’sMidriff wrote:Hunting High Circling Low.

They're no Morten "Farmer's Market" Harket.

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:34 pm

Skipping to keep up with Wendykins, Last track, Dire Straits do Miami Vice soundtrack.

SiberianPrincess’sMidriff

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:35 pm

The Call of the Wendigo wrote:Crockett and Tubbs are back.

I wish they'd suddenly burst into the studio and arrest everyone.

Because of a tip-off from Phil Collins. Excited

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:36 pm

He likes his pitch harmonics dosn't he?

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:37 pm

This is dross.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:37 pm

It is over.

I shall take a quick listen to She Said She Was a Dancer, to hear what that sounded like and if it rips-off Private Dancer.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:39 pm

I am listening to that track now but I feel I can give my verdict on the album.

It did carry a horrible fascination, as I don't think I've ever heard a long-established band slavishly copying a younger one for an entire album.

However, it was nightmarishly ill-conceived.

Now to look back at the thread and see what everybody else made of it. Excited

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:40 pm

The Call of the Wendigo wrote:It is over.

I shall take a quick listen to She Said She Was a Dancer, to hear what that sounded like and if it rips-off Private Dancer.

Wikipedia wrote:
The song "She Said She Was a Dancer" shows that Tull's frank treatment of sexuality was unabated.
shifty

Last edited by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff on Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:40 pm

"I'm your Pepsi Cola but you won't take me out of the can."

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:41 pm

It does seem weird that Ian Anderson's repeatedly complained that the Eagles ripped-off one of his songs, when he spent an entire album ripping-off another band.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:42 pm

I shall give it 2 stars.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:43 pm

They really did sound like a band so bereft of ideas they just jumped onto the last Bandwagon that they saw passing.

Still better than Under Wraps, or those just like the old one, only not as good. sad yes

I have given this a rating of Cretin, ★★ in old money yes

Last edited by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff on Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:43 pm

Well, whilst that wasn't the worst or most painful album we've ever done, it was really embarrassing, considering that they were/are a band with a famously individual sound and identity.

75% sounded like/was exactly like Dire Straits and therefore came across as the work of a band waning in power both commercially and popularity-wise.

I posted the Wiki page bit about the album's controversial Grammy award in jest earlier, but, on reflection, it does seem to be a genuine outrage.

I feel that I might have to, score-wise, make an example of what was a culturally an absolute joke.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:46 pm

It was really, genuinely - to put it in purely Nu-HotW terms - snuggle rumpusing backside torpedo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:51 pm

The album was recorded after a three-year hiatus caused by a throat infection of vocalist Ian Anderson, resulting in his changed singing style

whistle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6