Fangirl Three
The Call of the Wendigo
SiberianPrincess’sMidriff
Nightjar
cosmictanya
9 posters

Page 31 of 31 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 29, 30, 31

Go down

What's happening in your life? Part 3 - Page 31 Empty Re: What's happening in your life? Part 3

Post by Nightjar Sat Aug 03, 2024 10:36 pm

sad 2

Best wishes to all and everyone.

Back to top Go down

What's happening in your life? Part 3 - Page 31 Empty Re: What's happening in your life? Part 3

Post by Butterfield Sun Aug 04, 2024 12:16 am

That must be worrying. Hope the situation improves for him and your family.
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Sun Aug 04, 2024 9:23 am

hug

Admin

https://hallofthewendigo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Sun Aug 04, 2024 9:36 am

I had set aside a morning for wallpapering but a family situation has blown up.

My sister texted my mother last night to ask if she’d take my sisters children (we share a father, so they aren’t my mothers grandchildren) to Thorpe Park or somewhere of the type today.

A text was received - my mother swears it wasn’t her but can’t be sure, but is 95% convinced it was someone else in the pub - saying ‘not unless I can put bags over their heads in case people think the ugly little b*st*rds are my grandchildren’.

Without the asterisks.

My sister is quite upset. I’ve got one roll hung and a basin full of paste for the rest.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Sun Aug 04, 2024 9:52 am

Apparently you get there on trains and buses. I can’t offer up my son to take them instead, because he’s getting ready to go away on his first entirely adults free experience. Five Go Solo In Sicily. So he’s busy - asleep. And I’m worried enough about five 17 year old White Lotus fans in Sicily, without him not being here to hear my last minute lectures throughout the day.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Sun Aug 04, 2024 9:55 am

NDN1984 wrote:As I was writing the post about my GE experience; the family has had news we don't want to hear. My ten year old nephew isn't very well, and it's the worst news any parent / relative can get. I hope he's better soon, and they'll sort it ASAP.

Oh god I’m so sorry, that’s miserable news. Hopefully they will yes, ASAP. Only ten, what a shame. Remember they’re tougher than you think - it’s often worse for the adults around them. Kids are amazingly resilient and quite stoic little people.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Sat Aug 10, 2024 8:42 pm

I had a horrible experience today. The person next to me on the tube pulled out an apple and began eating it loudly with their mouth open. I could hear their saliva slurping and clicking over the engine noise.

As ever in these situations, although particularly badly in a way that’s only happened a couple of times this year, induced an unwanted sexual response making me feel violated, with all the muscles etc associated with that being activated.

I could’ve killed them. I could barely walk to fight my way to the other end of the carriage, but I did, and there I stood, twitching internally and involuntarily until the next stop. I alighted there, and waited for the next train.

People who don’t know have no idea what they’re doing. I know they don’t mean it, but it feels like an almost sexual assault.

I have previously dumped someone for this, discarded friendships, and even jumped out of an almost moving vehicle as it pulled up at traffic lights to get away from it. I had an especially upsetting fruit based experience a few years ago when someone in a doctors waiting room sucked a peach. I had to wait outside in a fury - barely able to pause to shout to the receptionist ‘I’ll be outside’. Todays apple triggered the memory and sensory overload of that peach.

You can only remove yourself. You can’t really grab them by the face and scream ‘you’re making my insides twitch in a perversion of the sexual response you disgusting loose lipped b*st*rd’.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Sun Aug 11, 2024 10:18 pm

I opened and removed the hard drive from the old Sky Box, only took me half an hour and one cut on my hands, got it out though.

type

£9.99

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Sat Aug 17, 2024 3:04 pm

What's happening in your life? Part 3 - Page 31 45235510

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Sat Aug 17, 2024 4:33 pm

I've been hacking my garden to smithereens. box

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Thu Aug 29, 2024 6:01 pm

I'm having a nightmare. My iPad has died. It's taken all the passwords with it. Several are now 'in recovery' and two essentials have already been declined due to being connected to the same phone, which the great amorphous wisdom of technology judges to be a sign of suspicious activity. This has also locked a credit card, and so I have one debit card.

As if that wasn't sufficient, the bar across the road plays the same karaoke hits every night in the exact same order. My least favourite Tom Jones song 'Delilah' is followed by 'La Bamba' which is followed by 'Angels'.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Thu Aug 29, 2024 6:15 pm

pet

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Thu Aug 29, 2024 6:24 pm

Thank you. Apart from that 9/10, and the bad karaoke would make me laugh if my iPad hadn't died. The guy in a repair shop said it was my fault for using a non standard charger. Apparently Apple puts a chip in which only works with its own chargers - if you use another, which I do for extra length, it blows up the machine. Be warned. It's wrecked my vibe.

I'm praying it's fixable, if costly.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Today at 1:20 pm

I have had my remote working agreement extended by another year. Thus taking me safely past the age at which I can retire early if necessary.

http://shallowlikeus.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Today at 4:31 pm

cheer

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 31 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 29, 30, 31