Memorable or nice cars you've ever actually been in or actually driven?

+2
The Call of the Wendigo
Nightjar
6 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Memorable or nice cars you've ever actually been in or actually driven? - Page 2 Empty Re: Memorable or nice cars you've ever actually been in or actually driven?

Post by Butterfield Thu Oct 10, 2024 4:19 pm

Oh, if you open the picture in a new window it shows a lengthier rear (flirty) and informs me it's an Alfetta.
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Memorable or nice cars you've ever actually been in or actually driven? - Page 2 Empty Re: Memorable or nice cars you've ever actually been in or actually driven?

Post by Nightjar Thu Oct 10, 2024 4:23 pm

In case you missed it.

Nightjar wrote:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfa_Romeo_Alfasud

The cooler one is the Alfasud Sprint.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfa_Romeo_Sprint

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Thu Oct 10, 2024 4:30 pm

I've been in a Roller as well. aristojar

Probably a mid-'70s Silver Shadow or Corniche or something (like this)...

Memorable or nice cars you've ever actually been in or actually driven? - Page 2 AbkcnZu

Last edited by Nightjar on Thu Oct 10, 2024 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Thu Oct 10, 2024 4:56 pm

If you like the shapes of those, you’d probably like a Camargue.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Thu Oct 10, 2024 5:22 pm

I don't really like Rollers very much at all.

Also, the Camargue is an especially (notoriously) ugly one.

The Pininfarina styled one is OK though.

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Thu Oct 10, 2024 6:08 pm

There we are then.

While I’m pleased Butterfield enjoyed the Cadillac, my heart goes out to anyone who had to go to Florida. I’ve been too, and it was as terrible as other Americans say it is - ugly, horrible humidity, little culture. Not worth it for a Cadillac.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Thu Oct 10, 2024 8:07 pm

BTW, I'll back up my above statement in a bit.

Pictures and literature included. aristojar

I wasn't just being callously dismissive of your statement re: the RR Camargue.

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Thu Oct 10, 2024 9:31 pm

Go on then…

I’d like to say here, which is as good a place as any, I hate the boxy newish taxis. They’ve brought back the suicide doors - good. But why couldn’t they just copy the old Austin ones directly, put an electric engine in it, and a little radio to mimic the lovely sound of a taxi ticking away, and that slightly tractorish noise.

Last edited by cosmictanya on Thu Oct 10, 2024 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Thu Oct 10, 2024 9:36 pm

Buttertublets is the one I'm most shockered by.

The NSU is as rare as the proverbial and the 911 is properly flash.

Then all these s*xy Beamers too...

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Thu Oct 10, 2024 9:37 pm

I think for her next birthday ending in a 0, we should all contribute to the cost of a ride in a hearse as a treat for Wendi.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Thu Oct 10, 2024 9:52 pm

The VW NSU...

Memorable or nice cars you've ever actually been in or actually driven? - Page 2 T0MPA6Z

I've never even seen one in the street.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Thu Oct 10, 2024 9:56 pm

Cooler still, with the original sport hubs...

Memorable or nice cars you've ever actually been in or actually driven? - Page 2 XyOjBbG Memorable or nice cars you've ever actually been in or actually driven? - Page 2 SoQWtPE

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Thu Oct 10, 2024 9:59 pm

Anyone been in a Range Rover or a 'Landy'?

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Thu Oct 10, 2024 10:10 pm

Who hasn’t?

That bronze thing is horrible. It looks as if it’s sagging in the middle.

Last edited by cosmictanya on Thu Oct 10, 2024 10:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Thu Oct 10, 2024 10:11 pm

Yes.

I went to ilkely moor. In the back of an old school landie. My long hair was so windswept it went into natty dreadlocks.

Well, the bottom half of them, the rest was under a hat.

I’m aware of the irony

SiberianPrincess’sMidriff

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Thu Oct 10, 2024 10:56 pm

SiberianPrincess’sMidriff wrote:I went to ilkely moor. In the back of an old school landie.

An Ilkley story.

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Thu Oct 10, 2024 11:07 pm

A poor man on Sky news, in Florida, has lost his Maserati in the flood.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Fri Oct 11, 2024 2:35 am

Nightjar wrote:I've never even seen one in the street.

I've only ever seen one NSU - the one I went in! I travelled the streets of St. Ives in Cornwall in it, circa 1990. I remember it being really comfortable, with velour seats. I only knew about cloth and vinyl seats until then.

From what I understand they were always quite rare, but looking at photos there appear to be some with UK number plates still knocking around. The design was very influential and inspired the designs of other cars - they do look a bit Morris Marina/Austin Princess from the back. shifty

Spoiler:
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Fri Oct 11, 2024 2:40 am

Nightjar wrote:Anyone been in a Range Rover or a 'Landy'?

Yes! Like BachyBaby I went in an old, old school Mk3(?) Land Rover that yet another relative owned when I was very, very young. I can't have been more than about 5 or 6 when he sold it but I remember the inside of it, the torn black vinyl bench seats in the back and the musty oily/hay smell.
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Fri Oct 11, 2024 2:44 am

I have to admit, I didn't even realise the the Rolls Royce Camargue was a thing until reading this thread. From the front they just look like an Americanised Silver Spirit, but from the back they look like anything but a Rolls Royce! eye crazy It's more like a concept car than anything.

Memorable or nice cars you've ever actually been in or actually driven? - Page 2 Rolls-royce_camargue_29_068103120e920a87
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next