Won't ANYONE come with me to see Tina Turner?! - Page 3 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum in which all human experience resides. Especially for fans of the now-deceased original Hall of the Wendigo. Still Number One with the core demographic.

HomePortalSearchView new postsThe Hall of the Wendigo Emergency BlogRegisterLog in

Won't ANYONE come with me to see Tina Turner?!

Go down 
+3
stedorlordendel
Nightjar
Butterfield
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Butterfield

Butterfield

Won't ANYONE come with me to see Tina Turner?! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Won't ANYONE come with me to see Tina Turner?!   Won't ANYONE come with me to see Tina Turner?! - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 1:49 pm

Excited

Quote :
On Christmas Day, BBC Two presents When Tina Turner Came To Britain. Featuring previously unheard interviews with Tina Turner, the programme tells the story of the superstar’s relationship with the UK.

Tina Turner says: “The love, energy and support I’ve had from Britain over the years has been amazing. I couldn’t have enjoyed the career I’ve had without my time spent in the UK and collaborations with amazing British songwriters, musicians and producers. I hope you love watching this documentary. From my very first visit to London in 1966 I always enjoyed visiting Britain and performing for fans across the country – it felt like my second home.”

The film features contributions from those who have met and worked with Tina: Glenn Gregory and Martyn Ware of the Sheffield synth-pop duo Heaven 17; singer P.P. Arnold; Skunk Anansie’s Skin; Arlene Phillips, who choreographed the music video to Private Dancer, filmed in the Rivoli Ballroom, London....

The film begins with Tina’s first visit, when, alongside her then husband Ike, she supported The Rolling Stones on tour in 1966 and performed in cities including London, Leeds and Glasgow. It then moves on to her second UK tour with Ike Turner in 1968, which saw her perform in smaller venues including in Dunstable (Bedfordshire), Beckenham (Kent), Harrogate (Yorkshire), Chesterfield (Derbyshire), Redcar (North Yorkshire), Nelson (Lancashire), St Austell (Cornwall) and more. The programme then explores Tina’s solo reinvention in the late 70s and 80s, including performances at the Apollo, Manchester, on the popular TV show The Tube at Tyne Tees Studios in Newcastle and in front of huge stadium audiences at venues like the NEC in Birmingham. Finally, we see footage of Tina attending the world premiere of Tina: The Musical in London, in 2018.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/2022/bbc-pop-music-tv-christmas-highlights-tina-turner-motown
Back to top Go down
Butterfield

Butterfield

PostSubject: Re: Won't ANYONE come with me to see Tina Turner?!   Won't ANYONE come with me to see Tina Turner?! - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 2:10 pm

Oh, I've just remembered that I'll be out on Christmas Day evening. I'll have to record it onto video.
Back to top Go down
Fangirl Three

Fangirl Three

PostSubject: Re: Won't ANYONE come with me to see Tina Turner?!   Won't ANYONE come with me to see Tina Turner?! - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 3:19 pm

Unusual for someone to go out on Christmas Day evening gossip

The only place I've ever been out to then has been someone's sister's friend's house, for wholesome non-alcoholic party games, which were surprisingly good fun.

Butterfield

Butterfield

PostSubject: Re: Won't ANYONE come with me to see Tina Turner?!   Won't ANYONE come with me to see Tina Turner?! - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 3:26 pm

Well, it's just the standard Christmas evening family get together. In theory, as they all know I'm a fan of Tina for nearly 40 years they might just let me have it on in the background. 🐜
Back to top Go down
Butterfield

Butterfield

PostSubject: Re: Won't ANYONE come with me to see Tina Turner?!   Won't ANYONE come with me to see Tina Turner?! - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 8:25 pm

I wonder if this documentary will mention the fact that her last ever concert was in Sheffield?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tina!:_50th_Anniversary_Tour

I went to her last-ever-but-fourteenth concert. smug
Back to top Go down
Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: Won't ANYONE come with me to see Tina Turner?!   Won't ANYONE come with me to see Tina Turner?! - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 8:29 pm

Butterfield wrote:
I wonder if this documentary will mention the fact that her last ever concert was in Sheffield?

Well, it was just a quick, albeit muddy and cold, trudge across a field from her caravan to the venue.

She probably wore wellies and put her heels in a freezer bag. yes

Butterfield

PostSubject: Re: Won't ANYONE come with me to see Tina Turner?!   Won't ANYONE come with me to see Tina Turner?! - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 8:34 pm

Via that bridge. happy
Back to top Go down
Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: Won't ANYONE come with me to see Tina Turner?!   Won't ANYONE come with me to see Tina Turner?! - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 8:38 pm

It's a shame that Tina Turnah doesn't post here anymore.

Celine Dion, Sir Dave...

They've all fallen by the wayside. bawl

Butterfield

PostSubject: Re: Won't ANYONE come with me to see Tina Turner?!   Won't ANYONE come with me to see Tina Turner?! - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 8:43 pm

My guess is that SirDave is still on sarafi with the golirra's.
Back to top Go down
The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: Won't ANYONE come with me to see Tina Turner?!   Won't ANYONE come with me to see Tina Turner?! - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 9:37 pm

I an announce that, at gr8t expense, Tina has been booked to appear here tomorrow night.

Once she can remember her log-in details.

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: Won't ANYONE come with me to see Tina Turner?!   Won't ANYONE come with me to see Tina Turner?! - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 08, 2023 9:53 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2023/apr/08/tina-turner-interview

Butterfield

PostSubject: Re: Won't ANYONE come with me to see Tina Turner?!   Won't ANYONE come with me to see Tina Turner?! - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 09, 2023 12:31 am

gasp

Although that was a rather quick interview, her answers were short and I didn't learn very much. It was more like a Smash Hits quick fire interview. At least it shows she's still around as I hadn't heard anything of her for a while.

This was a thought-provoking answer:

Quote :
Have you ever said ‘I love you’ and not meant it?
Not unless I was scared for mine or my children’s lives.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Won't ANYONE come with me to see Tina Turner?!   Won't ANYONE come with me to see Tina Turner?! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Won't ANYONE come with me to see Tina Turner?!
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3