The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 2! - Page 23 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 2!

4 posters

Page 23 of 50 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 36 ... 50  Next

Go down

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 2! - Page 23 Empty Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 2!

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:08 pm

It's just fading out. I thought it was going to have a great big, banging and sudden end! rant

Admin

https://hallofthewendigo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 2! - Page 23 Empty Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 2!

Post by Guest Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:09 pm

Fade out? How plebian. aristojar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:11 pm

Well that was Real Now.

I liked the funky bit of Siberian Khatru best.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:11 pm

And now it has gone.

I thought that was an LP totally devoid of taste, judgement, self-control, self-awareness, meaning or recognition that members of the public were going to actually have to listen to it when it was released.

Now to look back at the thread and see what everyone else made of it. Excited

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:11 pm

Right at the end the band open up and a high quality bit of jamming ensues...

The fans get to their feet and begin nodding their heads...

Suddenly the crowd erupts into a fervour of thrashing, lanky-haired head-banging...

Hippie gals start to think that it wasn't such a bad idea to be persuaded by this bloke to come to this gig....

Someone pulls the plug and says flatly over the tannoy system "the show's over folks, make your way to the exits..."

rollingpin

Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:14 pm

I give that LP 3/10.

And that's generous.

One whole point because it was relatively short.

Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:15 pm

The Call of the Wendigo wrote:
I thought that was an LP totally devoid of taste, judgement, self-control, self-awareness, meaning or recognition that members of the public were going to actually have to listen to it when it was released.

You should hear some of their more self indulgent ones sad yes

Last edited by WhatDoesThisButtonDo? on Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:17 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:16 pm

Nightjar wrote:This is very reminiscent of the seminal hip-hop LP Tougher Than Leather.

The Call of the Wendigo wrote:Suddenly sounds like Walk This Way. shifty

gasp

Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:20 pm

I feel quite deflated. sigh

Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:24 pm

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 2! - Page 23 OF4N8eN

Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:25 pm

Nightjar wrote:I feel quite deflated. sigh
pet

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:27 pm

Nightjar wrote:The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 2! - Page 23 OF4N8eN
happy

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:30 pm

The Call of the Wendigo wrote:Is this the real Yes or is it that phase when it was basically The Buggles pretending to be Yes?

They did a good job, or bad, dependent on your politics I suppose.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:46 pm

Karma points all round for enduring that load of bobbins I think.

Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:20 am

I liked the inside picture on the sleeve.

http://shallowlikeus.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:26 am

Excited

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 2! - Page 23 R-12877776-1543855998-7223.jpeg

Click the above for the sounds!

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:27 am

I have it bookmarked, ready for some time this evening. Excited

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:32 pm

Found my copy! it was hiding under Back to the Egg by Wings Excited

hmm

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:28 pm

What time?

8pm?

It's going to be an odd one for me, because I've listened to it quite literally squillions of times.

Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:51 pm

I've heard it a couple of tymes. Well more than a couple, quite a lot.

But I've never seen:

Err.. Spoiler alert for the albumin listening 2nite

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 50 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 36 ... 50  Next