The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 39 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The New Hall of the Wendigo

The forum in which all human experience resides. Especially for fans of the now-deceased original Hall of the Wendigo. Still Number One with the core demographic.

HomePortalSearchView new postsThe Hall of the Wendigo Emergency BlogRegisterLog in

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 44 ... 50  Next
AuthorMessage

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2020 4:37 pm

Or we could do one of her Disco ones?

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 39 R-2969410-1309694773.jpeg

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 39 R-2128558-1414668830-9554.jpeg

gasp

Or even

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 39 R-734157-1458000009-2802.jpeg

hmm

Back to top Go down
The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2020 4:56 pm

I don't know what that last one is but it looks like one we need to do. Excited

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2020 5:00 pm

type

It's apparently the first one that came out in 1979, and the best disco one.

The one that came after it, Prisoner had this on it:

happy
Back to top Go down
The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2020 5:49 pm

dance

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2020 6:47 pm

After about 1:55 it starts to look like a nHotW meet up. sad yes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2020 12:43 pm

Let's do a Badfinger album, I'd don't think I've ever heard one.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2020 12:48 pm

type

That guy who looks suicidial while giving Ringo album glowing reviews (AS HE SHOULD) liked their '74 Wish You Were Here album.

dunno

type

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULhCw2S-itQ&list=PL94gOvpr5yt0RAzpgMJKwXgCl92byoOb4
Back to top Go down
The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2020 3:23 pm

I have now bookmarked it for future use.

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2020 5:11 pm

Or we could go for Ass? thanks
Back to top Go down
Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2020 7:44 pm

I'd quite like to do one of Nick Lowe's first two elpees (Jesus of Cool and/or Labour of Lust).

The former I suppose (since I love I Love the Sound of Breaking Glass so much)...

He's always come across to me as very charismatic and talented so I'd like to give the whole albums a go.

The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2020 7:45 pm

I should be free to to do that one on Sunday after 9 o'clock. Excited

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2020 8:00 pm

I'd also like to do one Nils Lofgren's mid-70s elpees at some future point.

The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2020 8:13 pm

Excited

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2020 8:38 pm

I've just been listening to one of them (Cry Tough) and it's pretty good.

It also ended with arguably the best song on the album.

Which had an extremely (by these day's standards) dodgy theme and lyrics. sad yes

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2020 8:57 pm

Nightjar wrote:
I'd also like to do one Nils Lofgren's mid-70s elpees at some future point.

I've not heard any of those. So I'm up for that.

yes

I think I'm getting him confused with that bloke who I get confused with Ted Nugent with, who's name I can't recall.
Back to top Go down
The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2020 9:15 pm

Todd Rundgren?

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2020 9:16 pm

Yes!

I've just spent 10 minutes trying to remember the name!
Back to top Go down
Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2020 9:21 pm

Todd is great.

His albums can be a bit heavy going though.

A genuine case of 'too talented' for his own good... sad yes

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2020 9:23 pm

His second album Runt: The Ballad of Todd Rundgren could be a good one to commentate on.

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2020 9:27 pm

Or we could do Initiation (1975) - an album so hard to listen to it makes Metal Machine Music seem like "And Your Bird Can Sing" by comparison.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!   The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 39 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!
Page 39 of 50Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 44 ... 50  Next