Songs you've known all your life but have never had the slightest clue who they're by or what they're called, and you've only just realised it

4 posters

Go down

Songs you've known all your life but have never had the slightest clue who they're by or what they're called, and you've only just realised it Empty Songs you've known all your life but have never had the slightest clue who they're by or what they're called, and you've only just realised it

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:16 pm

Following hot on the heels of my realisation that I didn't have a clue what Isn't It Time? by the Babys was called or who it was by, it has happened again. Just this very evening, it's occurred to me that, although I've known the following song all my life, I've never known what it's called or who it's by.

I had to discover its identity by Googling the words I could remember from the chorus.

I shall now have to Wikipedia Ronnie Lane to find out who he is. On the strength of that performance, he seems to be the missing link between Bob Dylan and Gerry Rafferty.

Admin

https://hallofthewendigo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Songs you've known all your life but have never had the slightest clue who they're by or what they're called, and you've only just realised it Empty Re: Songs you've known all your life but have never had the slightest clue who they're by or what they're called, and you've only just realised it

Post by cosmictanya Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:43 pm

Known for years and loved since the first time. Heard it on the radio again just this week and thought 'must Google those lyrics', so wrote a note to myself...

I'm thrilled with my new knowledge and the fact I can now listen whenever I like.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Songs you've known all your life but have never had the slightest clue who they're by or what they're called, and you've only just realised it Empty Re: Songs you've known all your life but have never had the slightest clue who they're by or what they're called, and you've only just realised it

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:00 pm

I've just realised there's another song I've known all my life but have no idea who it's by or what it's called. It sounds like it's from the 1970s. It is uptempo and the chorus goes something like, "Whoa oh oh. Whoa oh oh-oh. Rye-heed, rye-heed, rye-heed."

It sounds a bit 10CC but is clearly not 10CC.

What is it and who's it by?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:23 pm

What specific genre is it?

I mean, 10cc were a bit eclectic.

Also, do you think it was a hit?

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:43 pm

I've heard it a fair bit on the radio, over the years, so I assume it was a hit.

It was sort of Pop-Rock/Power-Pop.

Sort of in the 10CC Rubber Bullets envelope.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:01 pm

When might you have heard it on the radio?

Mid '70s, late '70s?

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:04 pm

At any point in my life but it sounds mid 1970s.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:13 pm

Chicory Tip, "Son of My Father"?

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:35 pm

No.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zarniwoop Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:53 pm

"Whoa oh oh, it's magic" Pilot?

No.
Zarniwoop
Zarniwoop

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:21 pm

Afraid not.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:29 pm

We need more information.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:34 pm

We need more and more and more and more and more tiny bits of information over a period of weeks so that we can make countless suggestions only to have them dismissed out of hand by Wendi and then be carried on being supplied with more and more and more and more and more tiny bits of information over a period of months only for Wendi to finally go "ohhhh, I think it was "Mull of Kintyre" sometime in November, 2024.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:52 pm

I think the chorus might feature the words, "Ride, ride ride," but sung as, "Rye-heed, rye-heed, rye-heed."

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:21 am

That's not it either. The one I'm thinking of is a bit lighter and sprightlier.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:46 pm

The Call of the Wendigo wrote:I've just realised there's another song I've known all my life but have no idea who it's by or what it's called. It sounds like it's from the 1970s. It is uptempo and the chorus goes something like, "Whoa oh oh. Whoa oh oh-oh. Rye-heed, rye-heed, rye-heed."

It sounds a bit 10CC but is clearly not 10CC.

What is it and who's it by?
It sounds very similar to this, in terms of style, arrangement and production.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:00 pm

It really is very Eaglesy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:03 pm

Possibly the Allman Brothers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:04 pm

Ore actually something by Joe Walsh.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down