General Music News that doesn't need it's own thread - Page 24 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum in which all human experience resides. Especially for fans of the now-deceased original Hall of the Wendigo. Still Number One with the core demographic.

HomePortalSearchView new postsThe Hall of the Wendigo Emergency BlogRegisterLog in

General Music News that doesn't need it's own thread

Go down 
+3
Nightjar
The Call of the Wendigo
Fangirl Three
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 27 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
SiberianPrincess’sMidriff

General Music News that doesn't need it's own thread - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Music News that doesn't need it's own thread   General Music News that doesn't need it's own thread - Page 24 EmptySat Feb 11, 2023 9:46 am

Well, we'll wait till Roger "The Jewish lobby is extraordinary powerful here and particularly in the industry that I work in, the music industry" Waters takes Mrs. Gilmour to court before we can officially call him all those things, or not.

popcorn

Fangirl Three

PostSubject: Re: General Music News that doesn't need it's own thread   General Music News that doesn't need it's own thread - Page 24 EmptySat Feb 11, 2023 10:37 am

Okay, so I fought my way through a thicket of Israeli newspaper requotes to trace the source of the  "the Jewish lobby is extraordinary powerful here" remark, and it's in this interview

https://www.counterpunch.org/2013/12/06/an-interview-with-pink-floyds-roger-waters/

where it's clearly in the context of the large number of American Jewish organisations which unconditionally support Israel.

Having said that, he should have chosen his words more carefully, because he should have known that that phrasing would be quoted out of context. And in any case because the whole point of supporting the Palestinians is that the way they're being treated would be wrong whoever the oppressor was.

Interestingly, since that interview 10 years ago, US support for Israel has increasingly come from millenarian Christian evangelicals rather than Jewish people, because the former need all the latter to be collected in Palestine in order for God to destroy them during the 'rapture', or something.

PostSubject: Re: General Music News that doesn't need it's own thread   General Music News that doesn't need it's own thread - Page 24 EmptySat Feb 11, 2023 11:01 am

Fangirl Three wrote:
Okay, so I fought my way through a thicket of Israeli newspaper requotes to trace the source of the  "the Jewish lobby is extraordinary powerful here" remark, and it's in this interview

https://www.counterpunch.org/2013/12/06/an-interview-with-pink-floyds-roger-waters/

where it's clearly in the context of the large number of American Jewish organisations which unconditionally support Israel.

Having said that, he should have chosen his words more carefully, because he should have known that that phrasing would be quoted out of context. And in any case because the whole point of supporting the Palestinians is that the way they're being treated would be wrong whoever the oppressor was.

Interestingly, since that interview 10 years ago, US support for Israel has increasingly come from millenarian Christian evangelicals rather than Jewish people, because the former need all the latter to be collected in Palestine in order for God to destroy them during the 'rapture', or something.

Out of context? Really? It's a textbook anti-semetic trope he just went out and said it.

He's also a big fan of Assad, so don't give me that he cares about the Palestinians Well, it just depends on who's doing it on how much he cares. Certain (((groups))) more than other.

General Music News that doesn't need it's own thread - Page 24 Unknow40

In my opinion, Roger Waters is anti-Semetic hate-filled little man and I hope he goes to court and loses to Polly Samson.

I don't know if he's really a 'Tax Avoider', Tax-Avasioner* maybe when he spent that time in Switzerland or wherever it was, but then Davie 'David' Gilmour did the same at the same time.

*It's a word, look it up.

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: General Music News that doesn't need it's own thread   General Music News that doesn't need it's own thread - Page 24 EmptySat Feb 11, 2023 11:11 am

I like him.

PostSubject: Re: General Music News that doesn't need it's own thread   General Music News that doesn't need it's own thread - Page 24 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2023 8:12 pm

Reports that Paul McCartney plays the bass on a track on the new Rolling Stones record. gasp

Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: General Music News that doesn't need it's own thread   General Music News that doesn't need it's own thread - Page 24 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2023 9:08 pm

Yes. I saw that headline somewhere, as well. yes

PostSubject: Re: General Music News that doesn't need it's own thread   General Music News that doesn't need it's own thread - Page 24 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2023 9:48 pm

No Ringo though, :(

Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: General Music News that doesn't need it's own thread   General Music News that doesn't need it's own thread - Page 24 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2023 9:49 pm

Don't worry. It'll happen one day.

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: General Music News that doesn't need it's own thread   General Music News that doesn't need it's own thread - Page 24 EmptyFri Mar 03, 2023 1:26 pm

llama siren dontpanic siren llama

Quote :
Roger Waters reveals first music from re-recorded solo Dark Side of the Moon

Controversial former bandleader says he wanted to ‘re-address the political and emotional message’ of album that turns 50 years old this week

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2023/mar/03/roger-waters-reveals-first-music-from-re-recorded-solo-dark-side-of-the-moon

Butterfield

PostSubject: Re: General Music News that doesn't need it's own thread   General Music News that doesn't need it's own thread - Page 24 EmptyTue Mar 14, 2023 1:35 am

Another day another Gary. What a Face

Quote :
Gary Glitter recalled to jail one month after his release
https://news.sky.com/story/gary-glitter-recalled-to-jail-one-month-after-his-release-12833090
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Music News that doesn't need it's own thread   General Music News that doesn't need it's own thread - Page 24 EmptyWed Mar 15, 2023 10:05 pm

Avril Lavigne confronts topless protester!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-64949073

Butterfield

PostSubject: Re: General Music News that doesn't need it's own thread   General Music News that doesn't need it's own thread - Page 24 EmptyWed Mar 15, 2023 11:23 pm

It was literally:

bananashake

Followed by

rollingpin
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Music News that doesn't need it's own thread   General Music News that doesn't need it's own thread - Page 24 EmptyWed Mar 22, 2023 4:36 pm

Sheep on Drugs are now down to a single!

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: General Music News that doesn't need it's own thread   General Music News that doesn't need it's own thread - Page 24 EmptyWed Mar 22, 2023 5:13 pm

Sly

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: General Music News that doesn't need it's own thread   General Music News that doesn't need it's own thread - Page 24 EmptyWed Mar 22, 2023 5:17 pm

Seriously, what do you mean?

PostSubject: Re: General Music News that doesn't need it's own thread   General Music News that doesn't need it's own thread - Page 24 EmptyWed Mar 22, 2023 5:21 pm

Johhny is no longer a Sheep.

According to the SoD Facebook page, anyway.

Spoiler:

dunno

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: General Music News that doesn't need it's own thread   General Music News that doesn't need it's own thread - Page 24 EmptyWed Mar 22, 2023 5:28 pm

Blimey! gasp

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: General Music News that doesn't need it's own thread   General Music News that doesn't need it's own thread - Page 24 EmptyWed Mar 22, 2023 5:44 pm

I've texted her.

When we all went to The Residents, I seem to recall her mentioning something about an opportunity coming her way imminently, but she always says that, so I kind of ignored her. sad yes

PostSubject: Re: General Music News that doesn't need it's own thread   General Music News that doesn't need it's own thread - Page 24 EmptyWed Mar 22, 2023 6:44 pm

oh no

Literally worse than Hitler.

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: General Music News that doesn't need it's own thread   General Music News that doesn't need it's own thread - Page 24 EmptyWed Mar 22, 2023 8:47 pm

I should add that, when it comes to making elliptical statements about bands that have very close friends of mine in (who're also inveterate/extreme dabblers in strong analgesics and amphetamines), I'd request some clarity.

I worry, see.

PostSubject: Re: General Music News that doesn't need it's own thread   General Music News that doesn't need it's own thread - Page 24 Empty

Back to top Go down

General Music News that doesn't need it's own thread
Page 24 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 27 ... 31  Next