Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Celebrities you've gone off of Empty Celebrities you've gone off of

Post by Nightjar Mon May 11, 2020 2:05 pm

Celebrities you've gone off of Rachelrileyextra211119a-1

Back to top Go down

Celebrities you've gone off of Empty Re: Celebrities you've gone off of

Post by Fangirl Three Mon May 11, 2020 2:21 pm

I hate Steve Coogan nowadays, I only posted that picture of him in the Roxy Music thread because I was dr*nk.

http://shallowlikeus.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 11, 2020 2:36 pm

Javis Cocker

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Mon May 11, 2020 3:05 pm

What has Rachel Riley done?
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Mon May 11, 2020 3:07 pm

We don't talk about p*litics on this forum, remember.

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Mon May 11, 2020 3:08 pm

For me, I'm afraid it would have to be Prince William, who was really quite something between 1997-2001 but has been on a physical downward spiral ever since, even while his utter tw*ttishness has increased.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Mon May 11, 2020 4:09 pm

Oh. That. Yes.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Mon May 11, 2020 4:17 pm

I have to say, I sympathize with her and her legal pursuits. She has been subjected to some absolutely revolting slurs. The whole thing is an absolute minefield really, but she has a right to speak without being abused and threatened.

Do I think *** *** is an *** *** and that criticism of *** is de facto *** ***? No I do not. Do I think it's a critical failure to be unable to lead yourself and your team out into the clear, and seemingly unable to understand that you must? I do.

As I think you and I discussed once, I was sought out for my professional advice, and refused to become involved beyond what I said at the initial meeting. Namely, the whole thing is poison, but do you want to win an election or do you want to go on a march? Pick one, because each cancels out the other.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Mon May 11, 2020 4:28 pm

The report by Chakrabarti was, to be frank, b*llsh*t. Deserving of the term whitewash. Prejudice exists in every corner of society, so to contend that uniquely your own was the place it was unheard of was never likely to stand up.

Far more effective would've been to all out defend Ed Milliband from the rootless cosmopolitan, son of a traitor, liberal intellectual who, look, 'can't even eat a bacon sandwich like a proper man' dogwhistling he was successfully subjected to, while those doing it and their followers not only got off scot free, but went on to brand themselves champions against anti-Semitism.

On topic entirely, Chakrabarti herself is a celebrity/public figure I've gone right off. That report and the incompetence in directing discourse it encouraged, is why. I had been a fan when she was promoting civil liberties and human rights.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Mon May 11, 2020 4:47 pm

The above is not political, it's professional. The managing and messaging of the whole thing was built on sand and, apart from a blip in spring 2017, was always going to reach a sorry end. That much was crystal clear half a decade ago, and an enormous number of people desperately reliant on that being understood have been left instead with nothing.

I can remember like it was yesterday the earnest young woman who came to me. In so many words she said 'we don't really see the need for your advice because the purity of our cause speaks for itself, but in a world of spin would you like to spin for us?'. An insulting pitch for assistance - I don't spin anything.

My words relate only to my professional practice. If I sold milk I'd be able to discuss that, and some of the issues around those, whatever they might be.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Mon May 11, 2020 5:11 pm

Somewhat related in several roundabout ways, another I went right off was Elizabeth Warren. A lovely lady I'm sure, with her heart in the right place, but whoever told her the way to avoid the fate of her British counterparts was to be seen literally holding hands with a rainbow kippahed lesbian rabbi, should be fired. She should've had the half decent judgement to laugh at the suggestion.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Mon May 11, 2020 5:13 pm

Ruth Langsford. She p*sses me off more than most people manage, and yet I used to quite like her.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Mon May 11, 2020 5:17 pm

Cher. Loved her. Then read she had taken the virginity of the guy from the Red Hot Chilli Peppers when he was 13/14 and she was babysitting. I think that's f*cking horrific.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Mon May 11, 2020 5:21 pm

Gemma Collins. Made me laugh, had a lot of time for her camp contribution to the gaiety of the nation. Then I heard she had wiped her hand on a runners face, after first plunging it down her crotch, to emphasise to him that the studio lighting was too hot and was making her sweat.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Mon May 11, 2020 5:27 pm

I wish I hadn't started this thread now.

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Mon May 11, 2020 5:30 pm

Kate Middleton. Much less irritating of late. Especially since the ditching those nude platformed LK Bennett horrors she was practically glued into, for proper stilettos. I find myself feeling quite sorry for her. As she's my age, and a fellow smoker, God only knows how many packets a day she must go through to have aged so visibly. In addition, she must be taking unreal quantities of Valium to be stoned enough to put up with her life - I think you can sometimes see it in her eyes.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Mon May 11, 2020 5:31 pm

Well, you did.

Perhaps it could be broadened out to include celebrities who've travelled in the opposite direction. For me, two off the top of my head are Victoria Beckham and Cilla Black.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Mon May 11, 2020 5:35 pm

There aren't enough words denoting disdain in the English language to explain how I felt about Kate Middletons footwear. Hopefully in time she'll also bin the American tan tights, or hang herself with them to escape from her Stepford Wife like existence.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Mon May 11, 2020 5:42 pm

Mother Middleton is also someone I come and go on. While finding her somewhat vulgar as a concept, she was utterly charming when she banged into me on the Brompton Road, and explained her lighter had just broken. I was able to offer the use of my own.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Mon May 11, 2020 5:50 pm

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Most_Annoying_People

Some unfairly disliked ones here. Nikki Grahame is lovely, Jade Goody was always more victim than sinner, Amy Winehouse likewise, and Heather Mills McCartney seems somewhat vulnerable.

The wicked stepmother is such a lazy role to place a woman in, as is "can't hold a candle to sainted first wife", as is the always convenient master manipulator/hysterical mentalist. Logic alone might suggest that the last of those roles don't really go hand in hand, but the mismatch of competencies never seems to occur to the accusers.

Most of the jokes about her amputation fall into the outright cruel rather than daring category, and as talented and undoubtedly beautiful as he was as a young man, her husband did resemble a baggy old scrotum which had been further torn and bleached in the wash by the time she was with him. So six and half a dozen on that one really.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next