Fangirl Three
The Call of the Wendigo
SiberianPrincess’sMidriff
Nightjar
cosmictanya
9 posters

Page 22 of 27 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 27  Next

Go down

What's happening in your life? Part 2 - Page 22 Empty Re: What's happening in your life? Part 2

Post by cosmictanya Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:44 am

We’re not talking at all now. I was meant to go back to my place of relaxation last night but I’m still here, hoping to sort things. All because she’s parked her critical thinking skills in the bin.

I thought she’d have tried to apologise for me having to rush down here, and arrange for a good friend of mine who has a spare room to let my son stay there with her in my absence.

I considered letting him stay in the flat by himself, but I think he’s too young to be adultless for more than a night. Getting yourself off to school, deal with everything, seems like too much.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

What's happening in your life? Part 2 - Page 22 Empty Re: What's happening in your life? Part 2

Post by Nightjar Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:55 pm

I just saw Caroline Munro up the shops.

Again.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:02 pm

Excited

Admin

https://hallofthewendigo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:03 pm

Did you tell her that I saw At the Earth's Core the other night?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:40 pm

We didn't speak.

In fact, she 'acted' as though we'd never met. bawl

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:50 pm

hug

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zarniwoop Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:41 pm

I got tickets for AC/DC bananaspin
Zarniwoop
Zarniwoop

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:45 pm

What's happening in your life? Part 2 - Page 22 Ab74884a578bed7cb341ee2eb6b4e784

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:50 pm

gasp

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:23 am

rock

http://shallowlikeus.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:31 pm

The switches have fallen off one of my bedroom wall sockets.

I need to superglue them back on.

But the superglue shop is closed. bawl

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:15 pm

Nightjar wrote:We didn't speak.

In fact, she 'acted' as though we'd never met. bawl

I love doing that to people. Take comfort that she definitely knew who you were, and decided to do it deliberately, to add a moment of spice to an otherwise boring day. There’s a real cow I know called Eunice, who thinks we are old friends. Randomly she’ll be with a mutual friend, and I have that split second decision over whether to do it or just say hi as normal.

The time before last, or the time before that, I was with someone myself, and when she said ‘Tanya!’ I said ‘Unit!’, and turned to my friend to say ‘This is Unit…’

There was a time she did it to me - I was checking my makeup in the mirror at a conference, when who should emerge from the cubicle behind with a young man. She saw me in the mirror, and I half smiled/suppressed a bigger smile via the mirror, and she stalked out - never mentioned it again. At least she stopped boasting about her perfect marriage after that.

Sometimes I’m friendly from the off, and I’ll greet her warmly by saying something like ‘I saw a navy suit that looked like it came from Next from across the room, and I knew it was you’.

Before you feel sorry for her, she drives a Range Rover, lives in Hadley Wood, and once described her perfect man as David Cameron. That would be in addition to the constant boasting about marital perfection - if anyone is getting divorced, she’s in there fast with an ‘I couldn’t imagine being so unhappy’. She deserves every instance of it she’s ever had from me.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:41 pm

I’ve kept the toyboy in the toilet as a secret, just in case I ever need a work/favour from her - she’s the kind of person who’d need to be reminded of something like that before ever actually doing anything for anyone.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:00 pm

Anyway, I’m talking to my mother again, and she’s seen the error of her ways - my brother compiled some clips for her to watch.

What I was actually meaning to say is that I was having these tests, which have now returned conclusively nothing, other than some indication of perimenopause. I was exited to think that might be it done and dusted, but apparently peri can last for years.

While there, family history taken etc - my paternal grandmother had breast cancer in her 40’s and ovarian of some kind in her 50’s, so they tested me for some relevant gene, and I don’t have it. However, I said to my sister that I was having it tested, so she did - and she has it.

Now she’s having a double mastectomy and has already booked in for a hysterectomy. Grim. One of our cousins had cancer already, and already had it all removed - both the cancer and anywhere else it might turn up, with her sister having the preventative surgeries and cosmetic reconstruction. Not that the bitches bothered to warn us - basically sums that family up.

So I’m the only one of the granddaughters without this gene.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:07 am

I was checking my makeup in the mirror at a conference, when who should emerge from the cubicle behind with a young man. She saw me in the mirror, and I half smiled/suppressed a bigger smile via the mirror, and she stalked out - never mentioned it again. At least she stopped boasting about her perfect marriage after that.

Marvellously cinematic story.

http://shallowlikeus.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:06 am

Is the world ending or something? I’ve just had more Jehovahs at the door. My fourth accidental encounter I think, in a few months. I’ve been invited to the ‘Memorial of the Death of Jesus’, complete with scannable pass.

They were actually very nice, and had a small child with them, so I couldn’t say anything much but ‘thanks, have a lovely day’. They must know now that on certain mornings the cleaners are in the halls and it’s easy to get access.

I wonder if there's a direct link there. The flowers are changed and arranged on Saturdays - I am developing a suspicion perhaps the florist the building uses for public areas must be one of them. This is becoming too coincidental.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:22 pm

scared

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:44 pm

Is it happening to anyone else? Or is it just me that the Jehovahs Witnesses have targeted?

This is meant to be a reasonably secure building. I wonder if the general state of the world has made these sects step up a gear, in the expectation there are more hopeless people around.

The only thing I can liken it to is the rash of campaigners we had during a certain political event, one of which I had to frogmarch down the stairs by his jacket - but then they didn’t generally turn up with cute elderly people or small children that required you to go easy on what you said.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:26 pm

I've not had any Jehova's Witnesses call at my home in years. I assumed they'd given up on that kind of thing.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:37 pm

I haven't even SEEN any Jehovah's Witnesses in years. You used to see them walking around the streets in their smart clothes. There was a boy in the year below me at school who used to go door to door with his parents locally and you'd see him wearing a long dark blue trenchcoat over his shirt and tie.

Quite a respectable lot, if somewhat annoying at times. My Evangelical-Protestant-Christian parents kind of looked down on them - in a friendly way. creep
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 27 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 27  Next